• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed texas dad takes on three home intruders

:mrgreen: Gettin' a gun is harder to do illegally? All you got to do is steal one!

actually stealing is harder to do than to just buy one,so long as the demand exists people will aquire them in the easiest way possible,which for now is theft and strawpurchases,then being resold on the street.if straw purchases ever ended,they would be smuggled in like drugs are from counterfeit capitals of illegal gun production like austria and brazil,or countries with massive stockpiles like the former soviet republic.

actually stealing is harder to do than to just buy one,so long as the demand exists people will aquire them in the easiest way possible,which for now is theft and strawpurchases,then being resold on the street.if straw purchases ever ended,they would be smuggled in like drugs are from counterfeit capitals of illegal gun production like austria and brazil,or countries with massive stockpiles like the former soviet republic.

And if and when that smuggling starts happening, we will probably end up seeing real weapons of war brought in.

:mrgreen: In other words: If you want a gun, felony conviction or not, you're gonna get one pretty easy!

We already have those checks, we should just continue to kill them when they **** up

:mrgreen: Every gun I ever bought in my life I had to get a background check first, and I've never been convicted of a felony! Where are these places where people can just by guns without any kind of a background check?

:mrgreen: Every gun I ever bought in my life I had to get a background check first, and I've never been convicted of a felony! Where are these places where people can just by guns without any kind of a background check?

It is a free country with a presumption of innocence, that's why.

You might want to check constitutional law on that.

SAME PLACE THEY buy reefer or blow

Progressive liberals only believe what their programmers telll them. If Rachel Maddow said the sky was falling their would be mass suicides in CA and NY.

I too have had a background check EVERY time I bought a gun.

Progressive liberals only believe what their programmers telll them. If Rachel Maddow said the sky was falling their would be mass suicides in CA and NY.

I too have had a background check EVERY time I bought a gun.

What is a "progressive liberal"?

Most who call themselves "progressive" do so because they are so far left of liberal that they do not want to be confused for such.

:mrgreen: In other words: If you want a gun, felony conviction or not, you're gonna get one pretty easy!

pretty much,we already have outright bans on many drugs,yet people are aquiring them easier now than ever,simply so long as the demand exists,someone will meet the supply.

pretty much,we already have outright bans on many drugs,yet people are aquiring them easier now than ever,simply so long as the demand exists,someone will meet the supply.

criminal prosecution of a market driven activity is generally doomed to fail

if a child molester or rapist is put away, there is no wide reaching force that creates another Chester to take the place of the one jailed. But if the local supplier or blow or illegal weapons is jailed, all of his clients will demand the creation of a new source

:mrgreen: But are there States that allow the legal purchase of a gun without getting a background check?

Yep. Every state in the US you can buy a gun without one single background check. Just buy from someone private.

What is a "progressive liberal"?

Most who call themselves "progressive" do so because they are so far left of liberal that they do not want to be confused for such.

They both could be described as a common line of donkeys

Back
Top Bottom