• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed texas dad takes on three home intruders

Texmex

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Don't mess with Texas!

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
No way, armed homeowners only shoot themselves or family members.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Si vis pacem, para bellum
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A home invasion robbery on a Sunday afternoon. Wow! I live in a small town that's been growing due to the increasing local oil business. Life's been good until recently when my neighbor's open garage was burglarized in broad daylight with the homeowner home, and another neighbor's car was stolen one night and found stripped a few days later. So what's next, right?

My wife and I devised a plan to live like we had to in Florida: front and back doors locked at all times, and the garage door always down. We also have a sheer curtain over the front door that's mostly glass, so we can see outside without being seen.

Part of our security plan is also having a German Sheppard. A very friendly dog if she knows you; not at all if she doesn't.

I hate living this way (with the exception of the Sheppard) but city life is even worse; much worse.

Be safe!

cpgrad08

American
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
And that is how we do that.

How unfair. Those robbers were just trying to make a living. He had no right to stop them from robbing him and stopping them from harming his family. There should be a law in place that stops people from being armed so criminals can have a safe working environment.:mrgreen:

braymoore

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm happy that he and his family are all okay and proud of him for taking care of his family. Way to be!!

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Good shooting!!

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
This does not change a thing. I still support gun control. Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens is ok. What I want is background checks to stop criminals, such as the home invaders in this video, from getting guns

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Are you trying to mock the liberal position? Because if so, you sound ridniculous. Us here liberals are trying to STOP criminals from getting guns. We don't have a problem with law abiding citizens owning them, like the man in the video

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This does not change a thing. I still support gun control. Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens is ok. What I want is background checks to stop criminals, such as the home invaders in this video, from getting guns

Criminals, even in England, will manage to acquire weapons whether legally or not. So, generally, only those who lawfully use or own guns will be affected. And consider the number of crimes committed in gun-free zones.

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I understand that some criminals will manage to get guns illegally, but background checks will certainly also stop certain criminals. If we put in background checks, how will that affect lawful gun owners, besides the fact that it will make them safer, because they will not need to use their weapons as frequently

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
That's the way we roll in Texas. Thank you James Madison for your foresight when you wrote the second amendment.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

that assumes people who commit armed robberies actually buy from places where a BGC will take place

I guess you believe cocaine addicts buy their blow at walgreens or RITE AID

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Are you trying to mock the liberal position? Because if so, you sound ridniculous. Us here liberals are trying to STOP criminals from getting guns. We don't have a problem with law abiding citizens owning them, like the man in the video

the liberal position is to pretend that you want to stop criminals from getting them even if it means far more honest people are harassed when in reality your real goal is getting rid of legal gun ownership

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Oh please, stop trying to pretend like Texans are any better than anyone else

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I understand that some criminals will manage to get guns illegally, but background checks will certainly also stop certain criminals. If we put in background checks, how will that affect lawful gun owners, besides the fact that it will make them safer, because they will not need to use their weapons as frequently

that's just stupid. The brady bill which required dealers perform BGC and a waiting period did nothing to decrease violent crime

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
It takes time for the laws to sink in, but the states with more laws have less gun violence. A study by Children's Hospital finds that states with stricter gun laws have 40% less gun violence

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Um, we already have background checks. Dont be fooled by the government propaganda.

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It takes time for the laws to sink in, but the states with more laws have less gun violence. A study by Children's Hospital finds that states with stricter gun laws have 40% less gun violence

Really, tell that to the people of Chicago.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

that's horse crap. Chicago and DC were the murder capitals of the free world

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Hahahahahaha, good joke my man good joke. I have yet to meet a liberal that is ok with private ownership of firearms.

Kal'Stang

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

The amount of guns that universal criminal background checks would stop from getting guns is at most 2% and that is only if the go through gun shows. The rest are either stolen or bought on black market or gotten through straw purchases which background checks will not stop.

Ultimately background checks are more of a hinderence to law abiding citizens than criminals.

ostuffman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Do you understand what a universal background check is? It means that ALL places must provide background checks. And by the way background checks have enough evidence supporting them, states with more gun laws have 40% lness crime

Top Bottom