• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed Man With Bomb Takes at Least One Hostage in Discovery Channel Building

Actually, there is a sharpshooter protocol for shoot to kill when a situation is expected to be extreme, this one was. Nice try though.
Duh. But law enforcement's primary job is to arrest a suspect, not to execute him, which is what you seemed to be advocating previously. Police are authorized to use lethal force if necessary, but they are not authorized to just blow people away because the citizenry thinks they should.

Duh. But law enforcement's primary job is to arrest a suspect, not to execute him, which is what you seemed to be advocating previously. Police are authorized to use lethal force if necessary, but they are not authorized to just blow people away because the citizenry thinks they should.
It met lethality requirements. 1) Extrememist 2) Making threats with arms and bombs 3) Discharged weapon to establish credibility 4) Had unreasonable demands 5) Prior history of instability. Basically he had no expectation of leaving that situation alive, and frankly I would have said good riddance at that point, society has no use for him.

Yeah what the hell is up with that. How is Discovery going to dismantle the U.S. economy...

They are part of the super, secret, shadow internetz.

It met lethality requirements. 1) Extrememist 2) Making threats with arms and bombs 3) Discharged weapon to establish credibility 4) Had unreasonable demands 5) Prior history of instability. Basically he had no expectation of leaving that situation alive
I dont now nor have I ever disagreed with their use of force.

and frankly I would have said good riddance at that point, society has no use for him.
THAT is what I take exception to, the expectation that the cops should kill someone because you dont think they're useful anymore.

I dont now nor have I ever disagreed with their use of force.

THAT is what I take exception to, the expectation that the cops should kill someone because you dont think they're useful anymore.
Hell, there are plenty of useless people I could care less about. It's when people take it upon themselves to become a very serious problem in instances like this very specific one where I think they should be removed from the gene pool in a speedy manner.

Supposedly the guy is down and everyone is out safe. Good to hear it.

I have a buddy who just left his job at Discovery last Friday. Talk about good timing.
That's good. I've heard that they are a bunch of phonies who refuse to advocate for the end of all 'parasitic human infants.'

Kidding aside, I've met more than a few environmentalist liberals who hold this view - at least as it applies to Africans or the poor in this country. I guess large groups of kids are one thing that's pretty visible when looking down your upturned nose.

I would have said good riddance at that point, society has no use for him.
I would also add that his killing reduces the drain on our planetary resources and may provide some needed fertilizer for the forests.

I have a buddy who just left his job at Discovery last Friday. Talk about good timing.

That's good. I've heard that they are a bunch of phonies who refuse to advocate for the end of all 'parasitic human infants.'

Kidding aside, I've met more than a few environmentalist liberals who hold this view - at least as it applies to Africans or the poor in this country. I guess large groups of kids are one thing that's pretty visible when looking down your upturned nose.

images

I've heard the same directed at "breeders," but that perjorative is usually limited to white lower/middle class individuals. That type of person is usually very nervous about saying things that could be construed as racist. :lol:

What's wrong with saying that environmentalism is a religion? It's a set of rules and answers for the purpose of our time in this universe and the God of this religion is the environment and there are many prophets of this God. This God is revered and feared to the point where we need to stop procreation and that individuals all over the world need to give sacrifice to this God. How is it not a religion?

It's not a religion the same way pooping in the morning after breakfast isn't a religion. Granted, the porcelin god knows all your dirty bits and has seen them a million times, it doesn't mean I pray to him. Well... not in a religious way unless I've REALLY gone on a bender. But that's a whole nuther thread...

Lee is dead, or so CNN and others are reporting.

Suspect in Discovery standoff is dead - CNN.com

Wow, well some on here got their wish. Just hope it's not their own son or I have a feeling they'd change their tune real fast. It's people like that that ensure I will never be a conservative. They scare me as much as any liberal, and give the left ammo they can use to take our guns from whackjobs like that.

And no, no cop should ever shoot with the intent to kill or that is murder. I have training and you shoot to stop the threat, NOT to kill, you whackheads.

Last edited:
Wow, well some on here got their wish. Just hope it's not their own son or I have a feeling they'd change thsir tune real fast. It's people like that that ensure I will never be a conservative. They scare me as much as any liberal, and give the left ammo they can use to take our guns from whackjobs like that.

Wait, you would never become a conservative because a few conservatives were okay with a hostage taker and potential bomber being shot before he could kill people?

Hell I'm as liberal as they come, and I have no problem with this. It's sad yes, but if he didn't wanna get shot, then don't take people hostage.

Wow, well some on here got their wish. Just hope it's not their own son or I have a feeling they'd change their tune real fast. It's people like that that ensure I will never be a conservative. They scare me as much as any liberal, and give the left ammo they can use to take our guns from whackjobs like that.

And no, no cop should ever shoot with the intent to kill or that is murder. I have training and you shoot to stop the threat, NOT to kill, you whackheads.

Um....

Look, shooting to stop and shooting to kill are really pretty much the same thing, in practical terms. Yeah, if you wanna argue the finer points of "intent" you could argue a difference I suppose, but in both cases you usually shoot "center of mass", which means the mid chest, which is commonly fatal if you shoot straight.

In the event that a SWAT sniper has to take down a perp to protect innocents, they will often go for the head, specifically the "off button" which is a shot through the head at approximately eye level... almost invariably fatal but legally "shooting to stop".

How do bullets "stop" people? By severing important things like brain tissue or spinal tissue or nerves, or putting holes in things with lotsa blood so you bleed out. These things tend to be deadly... that's just the way it is. Bullets don't knock people ass over appetite with pure kinetic energy, otherwise the recoil would throw the shooter ass-backwards too.

Once in a while, under very particular circumstances, a SWAT sniper may take a shot at the shoulder joint to disable a subject.... but there are many caveats about this. The range and angle have to be right; taking out that particular arm will end the threat {ie the shooter has only one gun and it is in that hand}; and there needs to be other cops close by to put the perp in custody quickly since he might be able to recover and do something with his other hand... etc etc. Most of the time the best "stop" is actually a "kill".

A guy who is a suspect but not an imminent threat is one thing; a guy who IS a imminent threat to innocents is another thing. He's an ongoing threat, go ahead and kill him unless he surrenders immediately.

And it begins:

Think Progress » Purported Eco-Terrorist Angered Over ‘Immigration Pollution And Anchor Baby Filth’

Lee’s immigration screed bears a troubling resemblance to views and policies espoused by anti-immigrant groups such as NumbersUSA, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), Progressives for Immigration Reform, and others. Just this past month, FAIR released “The Environmentalist’s Guide to a Sensible Immigration Policy.” The report connects immigration to “pollution, sprawl, congestion, and ecological degradation,” complaining that “so-called environmentalists pretend as if this connection does not exist.” As usual, FAIR prescribes an overall reduction in immigration as the solution to the country’s environmental woes (in slightly more diplomatic terms).

It’s not a coincidence that many of these are amongst the same groups that have always supported changing the 14th amendment to deny “anchor babies,” or the American-born children of undocumented immigrants, citizenship — long before the debate entered the political mainstream this summer.

See that? It's those goddamn conservatives inspiring terrorists again. Thank god ThinkProgress is there to keep an eye on them.

(For bonus lols, read the comments.)

Shooting to kill is standard protocol. You don't draw your weapon to fire on a suspect without aiming for the head/chest. Shooting to wound is stupid.

If it's serious enough that you have to fire off rounds, it's seriousness enough to shoot to kill. And that holds true for civilians, too. You are much more likely to miss a shot if you aim for an extremity.

As far as shooting the guy, I feel sorry for the cop involved. It's a serious thing to take another human being's life, and that takes a toll on the officer involved. However, I"m grateful that this individual has been culled from the herd.

Last edited:
And it begins:

Think Progress » Purported Eco-Terrorist Angered Over ‘Immigration Pollution And Anchor Baby Filth’

See that? It's those goddamn conservatives inspiring terrorists again. Thank god ThinkProgress is there to keep an eye on them.

(For bonus lols, read the comments.)

Haha, I predicted this very thing in post 18!
From one of the OP source links. I bet you that the media will post this
5. Immigration: Programs must be developed to find solutions to stopping ALL immigration pollution
and the anchor baby filth that follows that. Find solutions to stopping it. Call for people in the world to
develop solutions to stop it completely and permanently. Find solutions FOR these countries so they
stop sending their breeding populations to the US and the world to seek jobs and therefore breed more
unwanted pollution babies. FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEM TO STOP THEIR HUMAN GROWTH
AND THE EXPORTATION OF THAT DISGUSTING FILTH! (The first world is feeding the
population growth of the Third World and those human families are going to where the food is! They
must stop procreating new humans looking for nonexistant jobs!)

They will try to paint him as an ultra conservative, or at least focus on this point and try to ignore/downplay/ or justify his anti war, global warming, and environmentalist points.

I also quoted that very passage from his "demands" and said they would try to paint him as a conservative. The media is so predictable and sad... (The bold part is his quote, the rest is my content).

Last edited:

I also quoted that very passage from his "demands" and said they would try to paint him as a conservative. The media is so predictable and sad... (The bold part is his quote, the rest is my content).
It appears he is(was?) pissed off at the whole illegal immigrant "anchor baby" idea not because it's illegal immigrants misusing US law, but because there are new humans involved...

This guy really hates (hated?) babies, doesn't he…

If memory serves, I think nearly every single one of his demands mentioned babies and/or procreation in a negative light.

I watched this story on CNN and on the local news. In neither case was he portrayed as anything but mentally ill.

Guy spouting Glenn Beck lines shoots at police? Oh, he's just a nut.

Guy spouts vaguely liberal environmentalist lines? ITS THAT AL GORE INCONVENIENT CULT!

Conservatives are funny. They also pay more attention to Al Gore than liberals do.

Last edited:
Guy spouting Glenn Beck lines shoots at police? Oh, he's just a nut.

Guy spouts vaguely liberal environmentalist lines? ITS THAT AL GORE INCONVENIENT CULT!

Conservatives are funny.

Meh anyone with a brain will see that a nut is a nut no matter what they believe.

Back
Top Bottom