• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

Obama does research on gun violence? Huh, learn something every day!

The last study he ordered the CDC to do.

The last study he ordered the CDC to do.

Are you sure he personally ordered the CDC to do that? I think people overestimate the amount of micromanaging a president does.
And what was wrong with that study? I don't remember it being controversial other than people not realizing that the CDC does work with more than just literal infectious diseases.

Are you sure he personally ordered the CDC to do that? I think people overestimate the amount of micromanaging a president does.

Yes, I'm entirely sure. He issued an executive order for the CDC to do a study on gun violence. Remember it was one of those wonderful 23 executive orders he issued a while back. Memories around here need some work, maybe?

And what was wrong with that study? I don't remember it being controversial other than people not realizing that the CDC does work with more than just literal infectious diseases.

Not a thing for me, but for the gun grabbers it was a nightmare that showed once again their position is complete tripe. The majority of gun related deaths are not from gun violence. Boo hoo..

There are far fewer assholes in Texas too...see a pattern?

Plus, Texas is far tougher on crime than most other States, even in traffic violations, and the thugs know it! Plus, most Texans have both guns and big dogs for protection, and people know that, too! Fear can be a useful deterrent to a potential troublemaker! :thumbs:

Yes, I'm entirely sure. He issued an executive order for the CDC to do a study on gun violence. Remember it was one of those wonderful 23 executive orders he issued a while back. Memories around here need some work, maybe?

Not a thing for me, but for the gun grabbers it was a nightmare that showed once again their position is complete tripe. The majority of gun related deaths are not from gun violence. Boo hoo..

What would you consider to be a gun related death but not gun violence? Suicide? That's all I can think of.

yes, it totally did which is why we do not even have to post actual results from it to rebut the points others have made with actual studies and their results. It is not like we have been caught lying already. You gun grabby guys are just so into your facts that you cannot even make vague unsupported claims like we can. Take that you number nellies with your facts and your truth, we do not need any of that to speak.

Plus, Texas is far tougher on crime than most other States, even in traffic violations, and the thugs know it! Plus, most Texans have both guns and big dogs for protection, and people know that, too! Fear can be a useful deterrent to a potential troublemaker! :thumbs:

there is no crime in texas you gun grabbers, and any truthful examples you have of crime are just you trying to be right all the time. If there were crimes in texas we might need a gun to protect ourselves and since there are no crimes in texas we need guns to protect ourselves from those crimes.

What would you consider to be a gun related death but not gun violence? Suicide? That's all I can think of.

About 2/3rds of all gun deaths are suicide.

OK so fine. The same stat holds true for the GUN MURDER rates and totals. (suicide excluded) Texas wins again.(Over Illinois) Happy now.

Not sure if the above comment should have been directed at you. (If not, my bad) I'm specifically addressing the posted comment regarding TX vs IL gun death/murder rates.

Last edited:
200 rounds is not a lot of ammunition.

Some on this very site claim to be so damn good with a gun and brag openly about their god-like skills that they could dispatch a hundred people with that amount.

Not a lot? :doh:roll:

Compared to what? A war?

Because there's nothing "violent" about shooting yourself to death :roll:

What Obama and the gun grabbers wanted to hear from the CDC was that homicide was the leading cause of gun deaths, but it just so happens that it's suicides. Go figure. I could of told them that, but they were to interested in trying to support their stupid fears to listen.

Some on this very site claim to be so damn good with a gun and brag openly about their god-like skills that they could dispatch a hundred people with that amount.

Compared to what? A war?

200 rounds is like 30 minutes on the range.

Compared to what? A war?

It's certainly more than a "couple."

200 rounds is not a lot of ammunition. I wouldn't go to the range with less than that for any one of my firearms. It's four boxes and consumes very little space in a back pack. Most major ammo retailers routinely sell 250 round boxes in that calibre as well.

There is now way that article leads with Illionois or Chicago man had he been from there.

Was he at the range or did he even claim to be going to the range?

200 rounds is like 30 minutes on the range.

Or about six seconds if you open fire in view of the White House. (including the time it takes for your bullet-riddled corpse to slump to the ground)

Is this supposed to be an argument in favor of gun ownership? :lamo

We do have the right to end our own lives. You know, the whole controlling your destiny thing. Besides, its a mental health problem, not a gun problem. Guns are just a means to an end and if you ban them they will just pick other means towards that end.

Good on the Secret Service agent who spotted him. Something sounds not quite right about his story--I am suspecting mental illness or very low IQ.

Its too early to assume he's conservative.

What Obama and the gun grabbers wanted to hear from the CDC was that homicide was the leading cause of gun deaths, but it just so happens that it's suicides. Go figure. I could of told them that, but they were to interested in trying to support their stupid fears to listen.

:roll:

The part that I found more talk worthy is....

Authorities charged Briggs with a carrying a pistol outside of a home or business, a felony charge. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday.

Umm..excuse me? Its a felony offense to "bear" arms now? Last I knew the 2nd Amendment does not say that people have a right to keep and bear arms "only as long as you are in your home or buisness". Kind of makes me wonder if he didn't do what he did so that law could be challenged in a court. In which case...more power to him. I'll eagerly await the decision of SCOTUS on this one.

Back
Top Bottom