• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Armed ‘quick reaction force’ was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says

Nonetheless if the feds can demonstrate this so-called QRF was actively planning and conspiring to come armed and start shooting, then they can be prosecuted. It's one of those wait and see moments. That they didn't get a chance to go through with it, or chickened out like big fat neckbearded sissies in cosplay can be part of their defence in court if they like. Let's see if any of them flip and blabber to the authorities.

Again, the first hurdle that the prosecution would need to get over was the fact that they didn't do it.... that is a pretty large hurdle.

And if that is where the bar is set, then everyone who contributes to Antifa will need to be arrested, whether or not they themselves engage in violence.

That is a rather slippery slope.

But then I guess Democrats are on the police state bandwagon these days...

Okay, so the poster you are responding to is trying to rile you and others up. He isn't a Russian bot or plant. Please just stop with this. It is best to simply counter his points and stop trying to insult him. You are playing into his whole thing.
Thanks for the heads up, I think you're right, I'll block him. I hate living in a world where deliberate gaslighting is basically indistinguishable from the right wing.

Ok. And...?
You acknowledge Biden won, which makes a peaceful transfer of power possible. They did not, which made it impossible. That IS a big deal. Prior candidates and their partisans did not claim the government was being stolen from them.

But the gangsters actually commit crimes. It would be very hard to prosecute when the suspect in question never did anything illegal. The majority of the people who entered the Capitol are being charged with trespassing, and none of them fired, let alone carried, a firearm, and the group "across the Potomac" never did anything. Their was more violence conducted against the federal police in DC last night than there was on January 6th.

Really. 140 law enforcement officials were injured with one murdered last night???

Seems like only that one was put in a position to need to shoot a member of any mob.
Nah. Plenty of cops have seen mobs smashing windows and being rowdy and violent. Only one peed their panties and shot an unarmed woman.

Their has to be a criminal act, otherwise you are prosecuting a thought crime. You are arguing the intent to storm the capitol on January 6th after the fact and they clearly didn't do what they were accused of "planning". In fact, based on that argument, they were awaiting incitement to insurrection that never came... which is also rather narrative destroying.
If the Capitol riot on Jan. 6th is what "awaiting incitement" is I wonder how violent you think it should have been. Just because they chickened out at the last minute does not absolve them of the crime and the intent. They were useful idiots for the one term mistake and not experienced terrorists if that is what you mean. Again not really a get out of jail free card either. They will be spared the gallows though.

Nah. Plenty of cops have seen mobs smashing windows and being rowdy and violent. Only one peed their panties and shot an unarmed woman.
LOL That officer was in charge of guarding the lives of the Vice President and Speaker of the House and the mob was erecting a gallows. Let's not keep minimizing this OK?

LOL That officer was in charge of guarding the lives of the Vice President and Speaker of the House and the mob was erecting a gallows. Let's not keep minimizing this OK?
If anything he should have been completely pissed off that the terrorists got anywhere near that far!!!

No more so than people believing Gore had won the election'
Or that Mr. Trump had won the 2016 election illegitimately.
People can be found who think Nixon beat Kennedy.
Or that Tilden beat Hayes.
People can be found who think a lot of things. What's your point?

If anything he should have been completely pissed off that the terrorists got anywhere near that far!!!
For them most part they were treated like the entitled assholes they thought they were. With kid gloves if you ask me. Now they are trying to make it like a Saturday afternoon picnic becasue we did not mow them all down like they deserved.

Again, the first hurdle that the prosecution would need to get over was the fact that they didn't do it.... that is a pretty large hurdle.

And if that is where the bar is set, then everyone who contributes to Antifa will need to be arrested, whether or not they themselves engage in violence.

That is a rather slippery slope.

But then I guess Democrats are on the police state bandwagon these days...
It must be contagious......

trump.bible_.st_.johns_600x400_getty.jpg

Not since the KKK cross burnings have we seen such blasphemy.

Because they chickened out? Everyone knows most extreme right wingers are cowards and losers.
They also tend toward over-weightness I think. Their leaders should tell them Obama hates it when they go for a walk, that would bait them to be a little healthier.

Not going to entertain any more of your gaslighting. :) You have very little problem with the worst attack on US soil since 9/11. Maybe you were in favor of that insurrection?
I liked your post for being quite possibly being the dumbest I've ever seen here.

By all means explain to me the 'facts' of how Jan 6 was comparable by even the wildest stretch with 9/11?
Attempted destruction of the American system. 9/11 went for symbolic targets (capitalism, military, government); 1/6 went for the actual functioning of government (stopping vote counts, because they rejected the results of the democratic process). Both are attacks on the heart of democracy. One killed many and brought us all together; the other divided us and supported the terrorist conviction that the backbone of democracy (i.e., voting) was corrupted. The second was more effective IMO, in that it cast doubt on any action of voters in the future, but both were terrible tragedies.

By all means explain to me the 'facts' of how Jan 6 was comparable by even the wildest stretch with 9/11?
PS -- There's no need to decide "which band of terrorists who hate America" is worse IMO. It's not a competition. They both struck at the heart of America, and both need to be overcome if we want a free society to continue. I.e., which band of spiteful grenade chuckers is worse is not really relevant, just need to stand up for free society against all of them.

Attempted destruction of the American system. 9/11 went for symbolic targets (capitalism, military, government); 1/6 went for the actual functioning of government (stopping vote counts, because they rejected the results of the democratic process). Both are attacks on the heart of democracy. One killed many and brought us all together; the other divided us and supported the terrorist conviction that the backbone of democracy (i.e., voting) was corrupted. The second was more effective IMO, in that it cast doubt on any action of voters in the future, but both were terrible tragedies.
What a bunch of garbage.

9/11 was the terrorist attack on our country by foreign nationals that resulted in 4500 American deaths and billions in destruction. To compare that to what a couple dozen idiots did on Jan 6 goes way beyond absurd.

Honestly if in your mind if you can really rationalize the 2 are similaryou are beyond gone.

PS -- There's no need to decide "which band of terrorists who hate America" is worse IMO. It's not a competition. They both struck at the heart of America, and both need to be overcome if we want a free society to continue. I.e., which band of spiteful grenade chuckers is worse is not really relevant, just need to stand up for free society against all of them.
Another beyond stupid post.

Again, a couple dozen frenzied protesters are not terrorists or are their actions in any way, shape or form even remotely comparable to the terrorists of 9/11.

If the Capitol riot on Jan. 6th is what "awaiting incitement" is I wonder how violent you think it should have been. Just because they chickened out at the last minute does not absolve them of the crime and the intent. They were useful idiots for the one term mistake and not experienced terrorists if that is what you mean. Again not really a get out of jail free card either. They will be spared the gallows though.

I'd say as violent as Maxine Waters wants the current protests to be, or the average Antifa gathering...

Also, until the people actually commit a crime you can't convict them of tintent. THat is literally thought crime bullshit.

For instance, a wife talks to a friend about wanting their husband dead and wants to pay for it. You can't send her to jail for saying that. They need the wife to actually get caught paying someone to commit murder to be charged.

Again, I know you guys are super cool with a police state now, but thought crimes aren't a thing.

It must be contagious......

trump.bible_.st_.johns_600x400_getty.jpg

Not since the KKK cross burnings have we seen such blasphemy.

Nah, the previous administration wasn't trying to pin thought crimes on anyone. I have no problem with the use of force to clear the capitol, it is the Democrats using January 6th as their Reichstag fire that is the problem.

March 3, 2021

Jill Sanborn, the FBI’s Assistant Director for Counterterrorism, testified in front of the Senate’s Homeland Security Committee.

Johnson: How many firearms were confiscated in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds during that day?

Sanborn: To my knowledge, we have not recovered any on that day from any other arrests at the scene at this point, but I don’t want to speak on behalf of Metro and Capitol police, but, to my knowledge, none.

Johnson: So nobody has been charged with an actual firearms weapon in the Capitol or on Capitol grounds?

Sanborn: Correct. The closest we came was the vehicle that had the molotov cocktails in it and when we did a search of that vehicle later on there was a weapon, but…

Johnson: How many shots were fired that we know of?

Sanborn: I believe the only shots that were fired were the ones that resulted in the death of the one lady.
Still trotting out this gem even though we have DC cops stating they found guns.

Anything to defend traitors I guess

Sounds like a convenient story. All I've heard is how no guns were seized from the rioters at the Capital and that's from the feds.
Yeah thats the talking point you guys use

Back
Top Bottom