• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARM YOURSELVES-the Voice of the Pike County (Ohio) sheriff

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
after 8 members of the same family were executed in what appears to be a drug related contract killing and the intense efforts of local, state and probably federal investigators have yet to identify the killer(s). Smart advice Sheriff.

after 8 members of the same family were executed in what appears to be a drug related contract killing and the intense efforts of local, state and probably federal investigators have yet to identify the killer(s). Smart advice Sheriff.

It is common cause the only person responsible for your safety is yourself. It is utterly ridiculous to think anyone else has this responsibility and those that claim it is others responsibility are mischievous agitators and stooges who care nothing for human life.

Smarter advice would be to "just say no"

While I am a proponent of the right to bear arms, I don't see how concealed carry is that effective in your sleep against professionals.

:coffeepap Shouldn't the title read.....

IF YOU ARE FEARFUL ARM YOURSELVES-the Voice of the Pike County (Ohio) sheriff

:eek:

I see and you do not fear being accosted by armed people which is why you support firearm ownership.

You would rather be killed by a criminal committing a crime than take a chance with armed citizens.

It takes a brave person to defend their lives not a coward who wants to disarm everyone because he fears them. Can you see that as a huge fail with projection of fear.

While I am a proponent of the right to bear arms, I don't see how concealed carry is that effective in your sleep against professionals.

If you are going to give up before you start why bother at all?

If you are going to give up before you start why bother at all?

I was referring to the fact that the killing of this family in Ohio appears to be related to maintaining a drug grow on at least one of the premises. likely all 8 were not involved in drug activity, but one of them at least was, the others knew, and they apparently were tangling with some pretty dangerous people.

and so it makes little sense for the Sheriff to tell people "oh arm yourselves because of this one event" no the best defense is keeping you and your loved ones safe by not involving yourself in illicit activity. these weren't your normal burglars here. Firearms are a last resort defense option, your brain is the most powerful weapon for keeping yourself and your loved ones safe :peace

I was referring to the fact that the killing of this family in Ohio appears to be related to maintaining a drug grow on at least one of the premises. likely all 8 were not involved in drug activity, but one of them at least was, the others knew, and they apparently were tangling with some pretty dangerous people.

and so it makes little sense for the Sheriff to tell people "oh arm yourselves because of this one event" no the best defense is keeping you and your loved ones safe by not involving yourself in illicit activity. these weren't your normal burglars here. Firearms are a last resort defense option, your brain is the most powerful weapon for keeping yourself and your loved ones safe :peace[/QUOTE]

Absolute truth.

I see your point but it is simply negativity to tell people not to bother because there is nothing they can do. Messing with dangerous people is asking for trouble. One would have thought they were aware they had pissed them off.

Some people have little choice but to engage in crime to survive. In general that is more likely to be petty crime and opportunistic. Drug production is a choice to make money and greed. They chose a high risk career and paid the price.

I see and you do not fear being accosted by armed people which is why you support firearm ownership.

You would rather be killed by a criminal committing a crime than take a chance with armed citizens.

It takes a brave person to defend their lives not a coward who wants to disarm everyone because he fears them. Can you see that as a huge fail with projection of fear.

:2bow:

.... Reader told remaining Rhoden family members they need to arm up because they are a target. To other Piketon County residents he said, “I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourself. If you feel you need to protect yourself or your family, do so and contact the local law-enforcement to come and respond to it.”......

Ohio Sheriff: 'If You Are Fearful, Arm Yourself' - Breitbart

"I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourself"

:2bow:

"I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourself"

american liberalism is all about removing responsibilities and outsourcing duties to the government. Many gun banners are fearful of accepting the responsibility and risk of accepting the fact that personal safety is mainly the duty of the individual

as Jeffrey Snyder noted in "A Nation of Cowards"-gun banners don't want to be reminded of their failings as men, so they want to ban guns so they won't be subjected to armed citizens accentuating the banners' feelings of inadequacy

as Jeffrey Snyder noted in "A Nation of Cowards"-gun banners don't want to be reminded of their failings as men, so they want to ban guns so they won't be subjected to armed citizens accentuating the banners' feelings of inadequacy

Failings as men you say ? So having a gun somehow makes you more heroic and 'adequate' as a man then eh ? Given the number you are afraid to admit to owning that must make you the most well hung and 'heroic' person posting here.

Just how phallically challenged do you have to be to indulge such a mindset :lamo

Failings as men you say ? So having a gun somehow makes you more heroic and 'adequate' as a man then eh ? Given the number you are afraid to admit to owning that must make you the most well hung and 'heroic' person posting here.

Just how phallically challenged do you have to be to indulge such a mindset :lamo

Your constant silly posts about gun owners prove that crime control has nothing to do with your attempts to castigate American gun ownership. I wonder why so many gun banners have such a fixation on penises?

Why do people always think that crime is committed by PROFESSIONALS?

Firearms are a last resort defense option

Nope.. They are the only option..

Something making noise on my porch, probably just a squirrel, grab a broom? Nope grab a gun..
Dogs are pissed out by my garage, probably just a cat, grab a stick? Nope grab a gun..
Saw something tall out my front window by my car, probably just those horses again, go yell empty handed? Nope grab a gun..
Glass breaks in living room in the middle of the night, probably just some kids throwing rocks, grab a bat? Nope grab a gun..

If it's a squirrel, cat, horse, or kids and I don't need to defend myself good, but I have a gun..
If its not a squirrel, cat, horse, or kids but rather some junkie jacked up on meth, I have a gun..

Don't try to guess the minimum sufficient tool for the assumed job, you may be wrong, have a gun..

If you're playing rock paper scissors and the rules allow the bomb :thumbs: why ever play paper?

So having a gun somehow makes you more heroic and 'adequate'

It makes you adequate and poised to be heroic if the situation warrants it.. If you don't have a gun you are inadequate..

american liberalism is all about removing responsibilities and outsourcing duties to the government. Many gun banners are fearful of accepting the responsibility and risk of accepting the fact that personal safety is mainly the duty of the individual

It would seem that Jeffery Snyder and I have very much the same opinion. I was a bit more direct in saying it but they are almost exactly the same.

It's called rationalisation. They can now claim being armed is useless and it works to keep their belief safe from being refuted.

Did it remove the feeling of deserved inadequacy and distaste it caused to evoke such an attempt at transference?

No the choice to take responsibility for your own safety makes one braver than the coward who hides behind governments skirts. Do you have a problem with that and can you rebut with anything intelligent and logical.

At least learn to accept the truth of your choices

Face Palm.jpg

Because professionals have a way of doing things, which is why they are referred to as professionals.

:roll:

View attachment 67200759

Because professionals have a way of doing things, which is why they are referred to as professionals.

:roll:

most criminals might be "professional" in the sense they expect to make money from crime but few have the training that we would call "professional"

Your constant silly posts about gun owners prove that crime control has nothing to do with your attempts to castigate American gun ownership. I wonder why so many gun banners have such a fixation on penises?

Just relaying back to you what you stated. Your inference was very clear indeed !

Not having to live in such armed fear of each other is a freedom you will never know

Did it remove the feeling of deserved inadequacy and distaste it caused to evoke such an attempt at transference?

I'm not the one needing a firearm to feel adequate and heroic

No the choice to take responsibility for your own safety makes one braver than the coward who hides behind governments skirts. Do you have a problem with that and can you rebut with anything intelligent and logical.

Taking responsibility for ones own safety far too often means resorting to a lethal response rather than a proportionate one. According to your own FBI only 1 in every 32 of your gun deaths is a defensive shooting anyway so your society is paying an incredibly heavy price in blood for your lethal comforters

I'm not the one needing a firearm to feel adequate and heroic

Taking responsibility for ones own safety far too often means resorting to a lethal response rather than a proportionate one. According to your own FBI only 1 in every 32 of your gun deaths is a defensive shooting anyway so your society is paying an incredibly heavy price in blood for your lethal comforters

What is a proportionate response to violence? I am curious.

Back
Top Bottom