• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARM YOURSELVES-the Voice of the Pike County (Ohio) sheriff

Only if you can't count but then again you guys are pretty poor with numbers especially the ones you dont want to see :wink:

guess what-I DO NOT CARE. I don't care about your country, I don't care about your crime statistics and I certainly don't care about a foreigner whining about our laws. You seem as if your constant rants about our rights are designed to convince YOURSELF because they sure are worthless in trying to convince us

after 8 members of the same family were executed in what appears to be a drug related contract killing and the intense efforts of local, state and probably federal investigators have yet to identify the killer(s). Smart advice Sheriff.

If it was a contract hit, and you're not selling drugs or associated with the family... why worry??? It seems the sheriff is just infighting fear.

If it was a contract hit, and you're not selling drugs or associated with the family... why worry??? It seems the sheriff is just infighting fear.

speculation on your part I suspect. better safe than shot up

I just bought this for pocket carry with a holster. Its light and fits well in jeans/shorts. Thanks Glock!

glock-42-fde-GLUI4250201DE-600x600.jpg

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065824659 said:
I just bought this for pocket carry with a holster. Its light and fits well in jeans/shorts. Thanks Glock!

View attachment 67200825

Nice gun, the lady tennis pro at my club carries one. its very concealable, she can hide it under a t-shirt with volleyball style shorts. its very reliable, Now I prefer the single action SIG 938 with a manual safety vs the Glock but there is nothing wrong with that little handgun

Nice gun, the lady tennis pro at my club carries one. its very concealable, she can hide it under a t-shirt with volleyball style shorts. its very reliable, Now I prefer the single action SIG 938 with a manual safety vs the Glock but there is nothing wrong with that little handgun

Its niche works for me! :thumbs:

guess what-I DO NOT CARE.

None of you do.

As long as the guns are safe and its tens of thousands of other families that will pay the price for your indifference what else matters right ?

Thank you for your candour

"...if you are fearful..."

Piketon County Sheriff Charles Reader.......

.... Reader told remaining Rhoden family members they need to arm up because they are a target. To other Piketon County residents he said, “I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourself. If you feel you need to protect yourself or your family, do so and contact the local law-enforcement to come and respond to it.”......

Ohio Sheriff: 'If You Are Fearful, Arm Yourself' - Breitbart

Who would have thought.....

Seller: "The good thing is, though, if you don't like it you can just sell it later and its not in your name like when you buy a new one you have to worry where it's going to end up"

AZ Illegal Sale #1: Seller Fails the Integrity Test - YouTube

The gun humpers are now living in constant fear of encountering someone with a gun. :doh

None of you do.

As long as the guns are safe and its tens of thousands of other families that will pay the price for your indifference what else matters right ?

Thank you for your candour

we don't care what YOU think about our laws because we KNOW that your constant haranguing about our rights is dishonest and has nothing to do with public safety. We also know that your gun banning proclivities don't stop crime or gunshot deaths but rather disarm good people-which is your real goal anyway.

So again you are WRONG when you claim we are indifferent to crime-rather we reject your hysterics because your "solutions" are witch doctor medicine that won't solve the problem you pretend motivates you

"...if you are fearful..."

Piketon County Sheriff Charles Reader.......

Who would have thought.....

The gun humpers are now living in constant fear of encountering someone with a gun. :doh

When a member of the ARC (anti-rights coalition) uses the term "gun humper" that demonstrates that the opposition to constitutional rights is not based on an ignorant belief that gun restrictions will deter crime but rather that the ARC member has a cultural hatred of the pro-rights agenda. what is also funny is how ARC activists are so reliant on OTHERS with guns to ENFORCE their anti gun agenda

we don't care what YOU think about our laws because we KNOW that your constant haranguing about our rights is dishonest and has nothing to do with public safety. We also know that your gun banning proclivities don't stop crime or gunshot deaths but rather disarm good people-which is your real goal anyway.

So again you are WRONG when you claim we are indifferent to crime-rather we reject your hysterics because your "solutions" are witch doctor medicine that won't solve the problem you pretend motivates you
If you don't buy my snake oil treatments it's because you hate your children.....

That is seriously what he sounds like

If you don't buy my snake oil treatments it's because you hate your children.....

That is seriously what he sounds like

that's exactly right. His comments remind me of the mystery man in Frank Zappa's Cosmik Debris (but I got the Crystal ball)

Why do people always think that crime is committed by PROFESSIONALS?

I don't think that people "always" think that.

I certainly don't always think that.

But with this crime in particular you've got an entire family more or less wiped out in what law enforcement is calling "execution style" killings.

You've got illegal marijuana grow operations at three of the four murder locations.

You've got illegal dog fighting and **** fighting operations at least one of the locations.

You've got early morning killings, which could be indicative of the perpetrators' knowledge that early morning is the time of day when people are naturally at their least guarded.

You've got neighbors who were awake, and in close enough proximity that they would have heard multiple gunshots breaking the early morning silence, claiming that they heard nothing out of the ordinary that morning, indicating the use of suppressors.

There has been (not unreasonable) speculation in the media, and I don't think anyone would be surprised at the end of the day to learn, that the Mexican mafia or one of the cartels was somehow involved in all of this.

So, as I've said, while I do not think all murders, or all crimes more generally, are professional, I do think that this case has enough hallmarks of a gangland/drugland type event that folks can be forgiven for thinking that maybe what evidence we are aware of might be pointing in that direction.

Last edited:
I don't think that people "always" think that.

I certainly don't always think that.

But with this crime in particular you've got an entire family more or less wiped out in what law enforcement is calling "execution style" killings.

You've got illegal marijuana grow operations at three of the four murder locations.

You've got illegal dog fighting and **** fighting operations at least one of the locations.

You've got early morning killings, which could be indicative of the perpetrators' knowledge that early morning is the time of day when people are naturally at their least guarded.

You've got neighbors who were awake, and in close enough proximity that they would have heard multiple gunshots breaking the early morning silence, claiming that they heard nothing out of the ordinary that morning, indicating the use of suppressors.

There has been (not unreasonable) speculation in the media, and I don't think anyone would be surprised at the end of the day to learn, that the Mexican mafia or one of the cartels was somehow involved in all of this.

So, as I've said, while I do not think all murders, or all crimes more generally, are professional, I do think that this case has enough hallmarks of a gangland/drugland type event that folks can be forgiven for thinking that maybe what evidence we are aware of might be pointing in that direction.

about 80% of all gun shot murders are committed by people who have criminal records so I guess some can claim most murders are "professional" in the sense of a business reason. but you are right, most murderers are not exactly trained in assassination techniques nor have studied them. These killings showed at least some planning, and expertise

Sorry but no amount of attempted backpedalling is going to help you out here given you already said it yourself .... you don't care .... period

Sorry but no amount of attempted backpedalling is going to help you out here given you already said it yourself .... you don't care .... period

I don't care about anything you say because everything you say about gun issues is based on dishonesty and silliness. How am I "hurt" by your nonsense about guns? I don't see much of anyone supporting your positions on this issue

There's lie by omission for you. Nice example. Gun control can always be relied on.

The only thing you have ever said that I fully agree with :wink:

I'm so glad for you that you finally agree gun control can be relied on to lie. It's quite obvious when their whole dangerous and oppressive ideology is based on lies.

I'm so glad for you that you finally agree gun control can be relied on to lie. It's quite obvious when their whole dangerous and oppressive ideology is based on lies.

Thats not what I agreed about

Thats not what I agreed about

Don't be asinine, the only thing gun control can be relied on to do is LIE. If you are going to refute that then you need EVIDENCE. You do know what that is, don't you?

after 8 members of the same family were executed in what appears to be a drug related contract killing and the intense efforts of local, state and probably federal investigators have yet to identify the killer(s). Smart advice Sheriff.

Let's see.

The problem: a family is killed as a result of a drug-related contract killing.

The advice: everyone buy lots of guns.

Hmmmm...

More sensible advice would be: DON'T BE A DRUG DEALER.

Let's see.

Hmmmm...

So your conclusion is the sheriff wants everyone to buy lots of guns?

You think advising people not be a drug dealer after the murders were committed is more sensible than telling people to protect themselves?

Let's see.

Hmmmm...

that is a good bit of advice. and most of the people murdered in the USA are involved with the drug culture or the crime surrounding the drug culture. But since WE DO NOT YET KNOW THE MOTIVATIONS for the murders, the fact that there were grow operations on some of the properties of the victims, does not necessarily mean they had ANYTHING to do with the murders

so this might be a case where drug dealing had nothing to do with the murders.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065859172 said:
So your conclusion is the sheriff wants everyone to buy lots of guns?

You think advising people not be a drug dealer after the murders were committed is more sensible than telling people to protect themselves?

well if you are an anti gun leftist, you don't want people buying guns and you CERTAINLY don't want a respected law enforcement leader telling people that buying guns is a good thing. You want cops and LEOs telling people that guns are evil and only "professionals" should be able to own them

Back
Top Bottom