• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arm all young black males

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Seems to me that the demographic taking the brunt of lethal gun violence is the young, black, American males.

Therefore, I propose we arm them all so they can defend themselves from other young black males.

A gun in the hand of every African American is what we need to curb gun violence in America.

Instead of the government provided cell phones, I propose we give them Glock 9mm's instead.

What say ye?

Seems to me that the demographic taking the brunt of lethal gun violence is the young, black, American males.

Therefore, I propose we arm them all so they can defend themselves from other young black males.

A gun in the hand of every African American is what we need to curb gun violence in America.

Instead of the government provided cell phones, I propose we give them Glock 9mm's instead.

What say ye?
Why discriminate? Arm all of us so we can defend ourselves against anybody wanting to do us harm and to send a signal to our government that WE, the People, are still the masters. I would pretty much go along with that. I mean, if we are going to spend the money of those of us who produce, might as well go towards us that earn and produce being able to protect ourselves, family and possessions.

Great idea, Cap'n.;)

Your idea has potential, though the racial angle is unnecessary.

Let's arm everyone, and let's train them in proper firearm usage. Make it part of the high school curriculum. It would have a chilling effect on criminals, and should reduce accidental shooting.

There are several successful nations with similar arrangements (Israel leaps to mind.)

Glocks are a bit pricey though, if we're just giving them away. Maybe a discount for qualifying guns (to encourage uniform calibers for national defense.)

Why discriminate? Arm all of us so we can defend ourselves against anybody wanting to do us harm and to send a signal to our government that WE, the People, are still the masters. I would pretty much go along with that. I mean, if we are going to spend the money of those of us who produce, might as well go towards us that earn and produce being able to protect ourselves, family and possessions.

Great idea, Cap'n.;)

I'm locked and loaded already. I'm good. Don't want no Obamagun.

Your idea has potential, though the racial angle is unnecessary.

Let's arm everyone, and let's train them in proper firearm usage. Make it part of the high school curriculum. It would have a chilling effect on criminals, and should reduce accidental shooting.

There are several successful nations with similar arrangements (Israel leaps to mind.)

Glocks are a bit pricey though, if we're just giving them away. Maybe a discount for qualifying guns (to encourage uniform calibers for national defense.)

I'd vote for you.

What say ye?

I imagine you're trying to be cute to make an anti-gun point, but you really just came off as ignorant. Crime among black males is abnormally high because poverty among black males in abnormally high.

The fact is, history has shown that gun bans in places like Chicago or Maryland were counter-productive at stopping violent crime, because guns weren't the problem, poverty was. That means throwing guns out of helicopters won't fix the underlying problem either.

What say ye?
I think we should just make it easier for law abiding people everywhere buy a gun instead of trying to pass idiotic gun laws that criminals do not obey.Although if we are going to buy guns for people then it should be for any citizen regardless of race.

We really should reform the mental health system first. After that is done, sure. Bring back the high school shooting clubs, make passing a basic safety course a graduation requirement, etc.

What say ye?
I say they can buy their own guns, just as I do.

I imagine you're trying to be cute to make an anti-gun point, but you really just came off as ignorant. Crime among black males is abnormally high because poverty among black males in abnormally high.

Great idea, lets just arm them with excuses so they don't ever have to act responsibly

What say ye?

Why not legalize vigilantiism while you're at it?

We really should reform the mental health system first. After that is done, sure. Bring back the high school shooting clubs, make passing a basic safety course a graduation requirement, etc.

I agree with all of this besides the gun safety course requirement. What is your avatar? It looks awesome. :thumbs:

They can buy their own guns, like everyone else.

That's discrimination. I'll bet you expect them to pay for their own ID for voting too, dontcha?

The fact is, history has shown that gun bans in places like Chicago or Maryland were counter-productive at stopping violent crime, because guns weren't the problem, poverty was. That means throwing guns out of helicopters won't fix the underlying problem either.

Really. Poverty is the problem. That's baloney. You couldn't get these THUGS to work a 40-hour week for $60 grand a year. They're thugs. They shoot innocent people. The shoot babies, for God's sake. Don't try to make it society's fault. A thug is a thug.

Every law abiding young black man of legal age? Sure...why not. Maybe it would even the odds and they would have a fighting chance. Its not like a-the thugs arent already armed, b-the police are going to be there to protect them and c-anti-gun people actually give a **** about them.

Really. Poverty is the problem. That's baloney. You couldn't get these THUGS to work a 40-hour week for $60 grand a year. They're thugs. They shoot innocent people. The shoot babies, for God's sake. Don't try to make it society's fault. A thug is a thug.

I'm not trying to make it society's fault, but you simply can't ignore that most of them are products of their environment. If you grow up in the ghetto poor as hell, you're generally going to act like you grew up in the ghetto poor as hell. When a living being, be it human or animal, has his back against the wall, he will tend to resort to violence.

I never once said that anybody should be relieved of responsibility for their actions. I simply pointed out that the fundamental cause of violence is growing up in harsh poverty conditions, so maybe we should be looking at improving poverty instead of grabbing guns, seeing as how gun laws have no correlation to rates of violence.

Why not legalize vigilantiism while you're at it?

Police response time in Denver is 17 minutes. Stockton Ca shut down their police force altogether. Even in an instance of mass shootings police response was over 10 minutes. You had SOME point about armed defense and vigilantism...I'm just not sure what it was exactly...

A cynic might say that they already were. If anyone is legally allowed to own a weapon and can afford it, then they should be allowed to have one.

I propose an extra fee on guns that have rhinestones or other shiny adornments.

Well said Maggie. I used to be as poor as a church mouse I didn't go around shooting people. Your right a thug is a thug. The only good kind of thug...........

Morning by the way :2wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom