• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Clinton a 'liar'...[W:66]

Re: Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a 'liar

'Hillary Clinton is not for women and children,' says Kathy Shelton, 54, who was 12 years old when she was raped by Thomas Alfred Taylor in Arkansas.

Clinton was the rapist's defense lawyer, pleading him down to 'unlawful fondling of a minor'
The 41-year-old drifter served less than a year in prison.

Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a ?liar? | Daily Mail Online

Yeah! How dare an attorney defend the constitutional rights of citizens when agents of the government accuse him of a crime and seek to imprison him!

Re: Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a 'liar

Not really......that's your interpretation.

But on the other hand, I've dealt with heinous monsters, many times, who should have just been eliminated on the street because a trial for them, is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. You may not have any dealings with those kind of animals. Am I wrong?

You indicate that a lawyer defending an alleged child molester is PROOF that almost all lawyers are "snakes".

YOUR words show clear disdain for a lawyer doing what is demanded by the Constitution.

Your own words show a lack of respect for the Constitution,

But, of course, by your own words, you do hate the constitution and the rule of law. Own your statements.

Based on your posts and history, you'll understand if I simply don't believe you.

Utterly irrelevant. Again, based on your own statements, you hate the constitution and the rule of law.

Your words, not mine.

Hate is not really part of my makeup. I view it as an extreme emotion and being a long time cop and seasoned citizen, I keep my emotions in check. You can keep harping on this theme, but you are wrong. I don't hate. Based on my statements, you are .....in error.
My opinion has nothing to do with hate and the word is often over used and used in careless fashion. To wit....your statements above.

Just like the words racist, racism, gun nut and homophobia are used in a careless and frivolous manner. It's part of a liberal agenda....I get that. liberals love to label and then show contempt for those they label.

You can believe what you want, of course........ I don't give a rat's ass. By your own words, I can see who and what you are as well.
Yeah! How dare an attorney defend the constitutional rights of citizens when agents of the government accuse him of a crime and seek to imprison him!

I've never said that........try again.

Last edited:

Hate is not really part of my makeup. I view it as an extreme emotion and being a long time cop and seasoned citizen, I keep my emotions in check.

LOL! Unfortunately, your posting history shows no indication of that whatsoever.
You can keep harping on this theme, but you are wrong. I don't hate. Based on my statements, you are .....in error.

Based on your statements, you hate the constitution and the rule of law. By your own words.
You can believe what you want, of course........ I don't give a rat's ass.

I take you at your word: you hate the constitution and the rule of law.

You indicate that a lawyer defending an alleged child molester is PROOF that almost all lawyers are "snakes".

YOUR words show clear disdain for a lawyer doing what is demanded by the Constitution.

Your own words show a lack of respect for the Constitution,

Nope, didn't say that at all. You misunderstood what I said. A lawyer has to do what they have to do. What you may not get is that unless they are appointed by the court, they can refuse a case. That brings us to this: "are they greedy and need the money, or are disgusted and won't defend certain scum."
I know many lawyers who will not defend a child molester, unless the court forces them into it.

Yes lawyers can refuse service too. :2razz:

LOL! Unfortunately, your posting history shows no indication of that whatsoever.

Based on your statements, you hate the constitution and the rule of law. By your own words.

I take you at your word: you hate the constitution and the rule of law.

(D) None Of the Above! You are totally assuming. You cannot garner my meaning or intent w/o hearing the tone of my voice or voice inflections.

Besides....there was no "intent" on my part to show hate of the above, nor do I. Ask your heroine about that...it worked for her.

Your claims are as WRONG as it gets! Since you can convince yourself of this so easily, can you convince yourself that Hillary is a slimy snake, that ought to be in prison?

Bashing me and defending Hillary, is hilariously pathetic!

(D) None Of the Above! You are totally assuming. You cannot garner my meaning or intent w/o hearing the tone of my voice or voice inflections.

Nope, no assumption whatsoever and, since it apparently escaped your notice, the written word has not tone of voice or inflections. This seems to be a difficult concept for you.
Besides....there was no "intent" on my part to show hate of the above, nor do I. Ask your heroine about that...it worked for her.

What heroine?
Your claims are as WRONG as it gets! Since you can convince yourself of this so easily, can you convince yourself that Hillary is a slimy snake, that ought to be in prison?

Bashing me and defending Hillary, is hilariously pathetic!

Your words: "I've dealt with heinous monsters, many times, who should have just been eliminated on the street because a trial for them, is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.:

You hate the constitution and the rule of law. Why run from your own words?

Nope, no assumption whatsoever and, since it apparently escaped your notice, the written word has not tone of voice or inflections. This seems to be a difficult concept for you.

Not difficult at all....you can't determine from my written words, all that I am saying or not saying....you are assuming that you can...but you are wrong.

What heroine?

Hillary.

Your words: "I've dealt with heinous monsters, many times, who should have just been eliminated on the street because a trial for them, is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.:

You hate the constitution and the rule of law. Why run from your own words?

My words have no bearing on the above. They are merely my opinion. Has nothing to do with hate or my respect for those laws.

My above statement is very true however, it is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars, rule of law aside.
Funny how so many liberals want to change the Constitution and the Rules of Law when it suits them, and don't want to do that when it doesn't suit them....like here. ;)

Most cops, and millions of citizens, are very pleased and relieved that a perp is killed on the streets and society is rid of them. My mantra is "one more down, so many more to go." Can't handle that? Too bad.

btw, when the older tsarnaev brother was killed, do you think anyone cared about taking him to trial? When the younger brother was caught, do you think millions were saying "I hope he puts up a fight and the cops snuff his ass"?

I mean...I'm not alone here....millions think the same as I do.......and it has nothing to do with hating anything.

Last edited:

I've never said that........try again.

You didn't say those precise words (hence the lack of quotation marks, duh), but you did exactly what I was talking about when you posted this:

'Hillary Clinton is not for women and children,' says Kathy Shelton, 54, who was 12 years old when she was raped by Thomas Alfred Taylor in Arkansas.

Clinton was the rapist's defense lawyer, pleading him down to 'unlawful fondling of a minor'
The 41-year-old drifter served less than a year in prison.

Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a ?liar? | Daily Mail Online

Are we really at the point where you post an OP, it gets shot down by everyone, and then by the third page you are denying that you ever posted the OP?

She was doing the job I hope all defense attorneys do, ardently defending their clients. I hope that never stops in this country.

My words have no bearing on the above. They are merely my opinion. Has nothing to do with hate or my respect for those laws.

Yawn. Your words demonstrate your hatred of the constitution and the rule of law. No getting around that fact.
My above statement is very true however, it is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars, rule of law aside.
Funny how so many liberals want to change the Constitution and the Rules of Law when it suits them, and don't want to do that when it doesn't suit them....like here. ;)

Utterly and totally irrelevant to the fact that you've admitted you hate the constitution and the rule of law.
Most cops, and millions of citizens, are very pleased and relieved that a perp is killed on the streets and society is rid of them. My mantra is "one more down, so many more to go." Can't handle that? Too bad.

Of course I can handle the fact that you hate the constitution and the rule of law. I'm just pointing out the fact that you've admitted you do. Not much to handle there.
btw, when the older tsarnaev brother was killed, do you think anyone cared about taking him to trial? When the younger brother was caught, do you think millions were saying "I hope he puts up a fight and the cops snuff his ass"?

I mean...I'm not alone here....millions think the same as I do.......and it has nothing to do with hating anything.

No, you're not alone in your hatred of the constitution and the rule of law. Many conservatives do so.

It's in their nature and they live lives of fear. You're not alone in that regard.

Hillary was actually doing her job as a lawyer. Oh noes!

Yep ..................and goes to prove that almost all lawyers are snakes! :2razz:

Nope, didn't say that at all. You misunderstood what I said. A lawyer has to do what they have to do. What you may not get is that unless they are appointed by the court, they can refuse a case. That brings us to this: "are they greedy and need the money, or are disgusted and won't defend certain scum."
I know many lawyers who will not defend a child molester, unless the court forces them into it.

Yes lawyers can refuse service too. :2razz:

You just proved my point. In your mind they are guilty until proven innocent and in your mind it is a -ok to pre judge them and refuse to take their case unless forced.

You just proved my point. In your mind they are guilty until proven innocent and in your mind it is a -ok to pre judge them and refuse to take their case unless forced.

Hillary has come out since and admitted that she knew he was guilty. She also came out since and insulted the victim.

Now, now GM.........this woman is entitled to her free speech. ;)

Yep ..................and goes to prove that almost all lawyers are snakes! :2razz:

People are entitled to a defense in criminal cases -- unless they're guilty!

Hillary has come out since and admitted that she knew he was guilty. She also came out since and insulted the victim.

False on both counts. Why do you feel the need to lie to discredit Hillary when she's just as easily discredited using things that have actually happened?

People are entitled to a defense in criminal cases -- unless they're guilty!

Most are guilty.

False on both counts. Why do you feel the need to lie to discredit Hillary when she's just as easily discredited using things that have actually happened?

There has been soooooo many, it's really tough to sort them out.

Most are guilty.
So if you're charged with a crime and you and your lawyer both know you're guilty, would you expect them to not defend you?

So if you're charged with a crime and you and your lawyer both know you're guilty, would you expect them to not defend you?

Of course not. But then some attorneys, mostly public defenders, will not give very good representation to those they defend.

I have dealt with many under paid, and over worked, public defenders, who's favorite mantra was "Let's Make a Deal" because they can't begin to cope with the overloaded court system, full of scumbag pukes.

That goes on a lot more than people realize.

Playing the devils advocate here, and certainly no fan of Hillary, under our system of justice, when an attorney is appointed to defend someone, their only option is to defend the accused in the best manner possible. Hillary did her job. The prosecutor didn't. Assuming the perp was guilty.

Plenty of things to criticize Hillary for, this isn't it.

The fact a person who has committed illegal acts is not found guilty of a crime does not necessarily mean the prosecution did not do its job. Under our system of law, it is not so easy to prove a criminal defendant guilty, or at least guilty of the crime he in fact committed. So, many of them do not get the punishment they morally deserve. The main purpose of designing the system that way is to avoid punishing people for crimes they did not commit.

If Mrs. Clinton was assigned this case, she didn't have much choice but to defend this man as vigorously and skilfully as she could. It sounds as if the evidence he raped this girl was not strong enough to make the prosecution confident it could convince a jury he was guilty of rape.

Of course not. But then some attorneys, mostly public defenders, will not give very good representation to those they defend.

I have dealt with many under paid, and over worked, public defenders, who's favorite mantra was "Let's Make a Deal" because they can't begin to cope with the overloaded court system, full of scumbag pukes.

That goes on a lot more than people realize.
Sounds like Hillary did a better job defending than the. prosecutor did prosecuting. In other words, she did her job.

Sounds like Hillary did a better job defending than the. prosecutor did prosecuting. In other words, she did her job.

Yes....but that doesn't mean it was right.

Yes....but that doesn't mean it was right.
Actually it does. The burden is on the government to prove someone is guilty of what they're accused of. The government couldn't meet that burden on this case. You don't have to like the outcome, but the process worked.

There are two issue here. One is the ethics of defending the guilty, and the other is a victims opinion of Clinton, where the victim felt that justice was not served. It seems as if the victims problem should really be with the system that allowed a rapist (alleged) to plea down to a lesser crime. This might be efficient, but its not just.

As to whether Clinton acted in a ethical manner in her defense, thats a tough one. The rapist effectively admitted guilt, but still wanted to avoid punishment. Does his lawyer HAVE to help him avoid punishment or just help him navigate the trial process?

Back
Top Bottom