• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arkansas Passes Near-Total Abortion Ban — And A Possible 'Roe V. Wade' Test W:135

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/10/9755...-ban-as-lawmakers-push-for-supreme-court-case

And here's the kicker:

I know plenty here think there's no way RvW will ever be overturned, but I don't share that optimism.

The current justices that are pushing towards death need to retire now while Biden has the ability to place a new justice who's not a religious whack-a-doodle.
I am pretty even keeled about politics and opinions but not with regards to abortion. Pro-lifers doing this shit are scum ****. They are using their personal beliefs in the sky fairy to literally enslave women. I just hope that the hillbilly states next door are easy to get to for abortions and that this never gets made nationally...

Just IMO, they keep making the restrictions more and more ridiculous for that reason. But their own federal district courts have been knocking them down as unconstitutional before they get to SCOTUS anyway.
Praise Allah...

kinda like the difference between vintage and antique?
The actual item remains identical to how it was, time just passes.
And it's the passage of time we're actually describing when we distinguish between vintage and antique.

Same thing with fetus and baby, yes?

No, you're wrong. The distinction between fetus and baby is the threat that fetuses pose to the lives of women that babies do not.

The same way we oppose people who dont want murder laws.

Because abortion directly violates the NAP. I sure ain'tthe only libertarian who opposes pro-choice, hun.

So in your world it’s not a violation of the NAP to force a person to let another person use their body against their will?

If I need a blood transfusion or an organ, I can force someone to give me one?

Are you claiming the United States was an "oppressive dictatorship hyper-religious type environment" prior to 1973?

That would be news to millions.

Yes it was. You realize that in 1973 it was legal for a man to force his wife to have sex in nearly every state in the Union?

Why? Because of the Christian dogma that a wife is supposed to submit to her husband at all times and therefore a husband can’t rape his wife. And fun fact: some of your fellow Conservatives on this site still believe that.

Actually the 13th Amend. specifically ALLOWS slavery under certain circumstances.

ONE circumstance: conviction of a crime.

Are we going to make getting pregnant a crime?

ONE circumstance: conviction of a crime.

Are we going to make getting pregnant a crime?

My point was that the "ban on slavery" in the United States is not as cut and dried as most people believe.

Yes it was. You realize that in 1973 it was legal for a man to force his wife to have sex in nearly every state in the Union?

Why? Because of the Christian dogma that a wife is supposed to submit to her husband at all times and therefore a husband can’t rape his wife. And fun fact: some of your fellow Conservatives on this site still believe that.

Actually that isn't the reason for that belief. The belief goes back to the New Testament where it says the wife's body belongs to the husband and the husband's body belongs to the wife (can't remember the scripture at this point).

Actually that isn't the reason for that belief. The belief goes back to the New Testament where it says the wife's body belongs to the husband and the husband's body belongs to the wife (can't remember the scripture at this point).

Either way, it’s a fact that Christians used their religion as a justification to oppose marital rape laws, most of which weren’t passed until after 1973.

How convenient.

You mean 1 Corinthians 7.

Written by Paul the bad bastard, long after Jesus was dead.

How convenient.

You mean 1 Corinthians 7.

Written by Paul the bad bastard, long after Jesus was dead.

What do you have against Paul? Not politically correct enough?

Paul was an opportunist who persecuted Christians until the wind changed, then he had a miraculous conversion on the road to Damascus, with a conveniently small number (1) of witnesses.

Then he wrote a few hundred pages describing how Jesus got everything wrong.

The council of Nicea included his rubbish in the bible because it supported their social views.

End of story.

SIgh . . .so much money and time wasted over this issue

RvW isnt going anywhere

America is not going to move backwards on women's legal, civil and human rights. We are not going to make women lessers and second class citizens

All these little battles are for show and a waste of time and money

theres a reason the majority of 1st world countries with governments that are based on rights and freedoms have laws that are mainly pro-choice

and theres a reason why that theocracies and dictatorships and countries with governments that don't really have rights and freedoms have laws that are mainly prolife

America is not going backwards 🤷‍♂️
We nearly did on a lot of things.

So you agree with him that women should be the property of their husbands?

We nearly did on a lot of things.

I agree sort of . . I dont know about "nearly" but yes the battles to move backwards are certainly there, and more so in the last 4 years then in any time during my life but I dont worry . .

maybe im too positive . . . maybe its more naivete like I had a bout racism . . . its obvious that its at least double if not triple what I originally thought it was.... but that a side things have still gotten better overall my whole life

Paul never made that claim.
It sounds like he did, how do you translate that scripture? 1 Corinthians 7.

Besides, Christians have always tried to treat women that way, as property, until there was actual legislation preventing it, which is what he was referring to. The law, men, always had the prerogative, even if not commonly seen anymore. The Catholic Church would still like to. It still supports marital rape.

So yeah...it was a much less free society for women until the 60s-70's especially.

It sounds like he did, how do you translate that scripture? 1 Corinthians 7.

That NEITHER husbands NOR wives are suppose to refuse sex to their spouses.

Nothing you would accept. You are very dogmatic about abortion. I'm at least flexible on it.

So it's not a matter of principle with you.

So what is it?

Back
Top Bottom