• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona's new border protection law

herculean

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the news online regarding Arizona's new border protection law, does the ambiguity in section 1070 call for possible racial profiling?

I like the saying

"You cannot infer what is explicitly denied".

If the Arizona law bans racial profiling, then no amount of racial profiling can be implied.

Amazing how pro-illegals try to say SB 1070 allows for racial profiling even though it is nowhere to be found in SB 1070. I would think that since the bill is less that 20 pages long it is would be very easy for pro-illegals to highlight, copy and paste on a political forum the part of the bill that allows for racial profiling if it actually did allow for racial profiling. I guess thats why Obama is suing for supremacy clause and not racial profiling because he such claims of racial profiling are unsubstantiated.

Last edited:
I think its great how I can put my nose to a bill, raise a technicality and deny the reality that the bill could only result in racial profiling to effectively address the issue for which the bill was written.

I've never been pulled over by a cop where he said, "Oh you're white. Have a good day.".

Amazing how pro-illegals try to say SB 1070 allows for racial profiling even though it is nowhere to be found in SB 1070. I would think that since the bill is less that 20 pages long it is would be very easy for pro-illegals to highlight, copy and paste on a political forum the part of the bill that allows for racial profiling if it actually did allow for racial profiling. I guess thats why Obama is suing for supremacy clause and not racial profiling because he such claims of racial profiling are unsubstantiated.

As we have seen in California and now Colorado...the lefts agenda and opposition to the Arizona law is bull****. It has NOTHING to do with 'race' or racism or any such thing. It has nothing to do with the state enforcing federal law...for gods sake the federal government FUNDED ICE initiatives to train the state to do the exact same thing. They are anti enforcement of ANY illegal immigration laws. Its that simple, and anyone that denies it...I'll go on record...they arent JUST a liar they are a God damned liar.

The discussion would be SO MUCH more effective if they were just honest. Stop hiding behind bull**** rhetoric.

The possibility of racial profiling is no more likely in this law than any other law. In fact there is less of a chance, because this law specifically forbids it.

I think its great how I can put my nose to a bill, raise a technicality and deny the reality that the bill could only result in racial profiling to effectively address the issue for which the bill was written.
Then please show where in the bill it allows for racial profiling.The bill is less than 2o pages long

When did I ever say it was written into the bill?

How does an officer identify a suspected illegal immigrant in a state bordering mexico?
Do you deny that this law was written to detain illegal immigrants?
Do you deny that the vast majority of them are going to be mexican?
How is this going to be effectively done without profiling?
Is this law designed to be ineffective?
Do you expect officers will be 'suspecting' fluent english speaking white people of being illegal immigrants and then asking for their papers?

The response has been written in threads many times that the ambiguity in how a person becomes a 'suspected' illegal is sufficient enough to allow for the bill to result in racial profiling.

This is about as non-racist as a bill forbidding picnics with watermelons and fried chicken and grape soda. That wouldn't be racist at all. :roll:

Or is it that its just going to be an ineffective bill y'all support for the message it sends?

How does an officer identify a suspected illegal immigrant in a state bordering mexico?
Do you expect officers will be 'suspecting' fluent english speaking white people of being illegal immigrants and then asking for their papers?

The response has been written in threads many times that the ambiguity in how a person becomes a 'suspected' illegal is sufficient enough to allow for the bill to result in racial profiling.

This is about as non-racist as a bill forbidding picnics with watermelons and fried chicken and grape soda. That wouldn't be racist at all. :roll:

Under your premise, Federal law would be unenforceable. I'm a cop. I pull someone over for a traffic violation. He has no driver's license. He has no insurance. He has no identification on him at all. I wouldn't be profiling in the STOP because he'd broken the law. I can reasonably suspect that he has something to hide. He's going to jail. If he quacks like a duck and is walking like one, too, I'm going to check to see whether he's in the country legally. So, I guess you're right. I'm profiling quackin'/walkin' ducks. So be it.

Now, SE102, since illegal immigration is ILLLLEGAL, how would YOU enforce it?

Or is it that its just going to be an ineffective bill y'all support for the message it sends?

Nope...thats not it all. First off...you cant possibly know...second off...unless your ass is in Arizona it has no impact on YOU, third off...the 'message' is the same MESSAGE the FEDERAL INS laws is supposed to be sending. the MESSAGE is NOT we hate mezcans...it is NO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. The left is the one pretending its a hateful 'message'. Foruth...its STILL leftist excuses bull****. The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is SUPPSOED to be doing what Az is doing. the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT spent millions of dollars training states to DO this very thing.

Nope...not even a little bit buying it. And if we were face to face I'm betting you couldnt even say that with a straight face.

Nope...thats not it all. First off...you cant possibly know...second off...unless your ass is in Arizona it has no impact on YOU, third off...the 'message' is the same MESSAGE the FEDERAL INS laws is supposed to be sending. the MESSAGE is NOT we hate mezcans...it is NO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. The left is the one pretending its a hateful 'message'. Foruth...its STILL leftist excuses bull****. The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is SUPPSOED to be doing what Az is doing. the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT spent millions of dollars training states to DO this very thing.

Nope...not even a little bit buying it. And if we were face to face I'm betting you couldnt even say that with a straight face.

I'll qualify that as a disgruntled rant. Next.

Hopefully this law or legislation in the near future can prevent illegals from obtaining licenses. It would definitely make the job easier.

Unless Mexicans suddenly start driving the speed limit and signaling for turns.

It doesn't allow for someone to be stopped for no reason. When I get pulled over, I have to show ID. If I don't have one do you think the officer should just say ok fine, have a nice day. No, because it's his duty to find out who I am. If I'm in the country illegally it should be his duty to take me in and contact ICE. If others are in the car and he suspects they are illegals or not he still has the right to ask for ID. It's a federal law that non citizens who are here legally are supposed to carry their greencards with them at all times. If I have to show who I am why should legal immigrants be held to other standards.

Why wouldnt I enforce immigration laws if I were the federal government.

Answer my question,... uh.... you?

Bbak at 8:30 eastern time.

Hope you're headed to class. Your post makes no sense. My question was: Now, SE102, since illegal immigration is ILLLLEGAL, how would YOU enforce it?

I'll qualify that as a disgruntled rant. Next.

If that makes you feel better...qualify it as you like. It doesnt change the fact that every negative argument against the Az law since it was announced is absolutely mindless leftist BULL****.

If that makes you feel better...qualify it as you like. It doesnt change the fact that every negative argument against the Az law since it was announced is absolutely mindless leftist BULL****.

Maybe they are trying to cover Obamas butt. He's the one who said the law would allow for you to be stopped if you were just taking your kids out for ice cream.

Maybe they are trying to cover Obamas butt. He's the one who said the law would allow for you to be stopped if you were just taking your kids out for ice cream.

They all kneejerk jumped on this without even READING it. The fact is the democrats NEED these folk to stay in power. They need the poor hispanic vote...they need to dangle the carrot of citizenship if for no other reason than to blame the evil republicans for not making them citizens. Its politics. its ALL it has EVER been.
I still mainain Arizona should shut the power switch off to California and 'honor their boycott, and then countersue the federal government for failure to enfirce federal laws.

They all kneejerk jumped on this without even READING it. The fact is the democrats NEED these folk to stay in power. They need the poor hispanic vote...they need to dangle the carrot of citizenship if for no other reason than to blame the evil republicans for not making them citizens. Its politics. its ALL it has EVER been.
I still mainain Arizona should shut the power switch off to California and 'honor their boycott, and then countersue the federal government for failure to enfirce federal laws.

Did anyone see that thing Brewer put out with the Kermit the frog puppet and reading or should I say not reading of the bill? It was hilarious.

When most pro-illegals say SB 1070 is racist or allows for racial profiling then would think that somewhere in that bill allows for racial profiling or is racist.

1.The officer can simply check the legal status of everyone they pull over.
2.The driver has no driver's license.
3.The Driver has no insurance.
4.The driver does not speak fluent english,which would indicate that there is the possibility that the individual is in the country legally but should have his immigration documents on him like that law says he is supposed to.

Why would I deny that?

Why would that have anything to do with a bill being racist? The fact most illegals are Mexican does not make the bill racist just because the bill targets illegals.

1.The officer can simply check the legal status of everyone they pull over.
2.The driver has no driver's license.
3.The Driver has no insurance.
4.The driver does not speak fluent english,which would indicate that there is the possibility that the individual is in the country legally but should have his immigration documents on him like that law says he is supposed to.

The only way this bill would be ineffective is if Obama, McCain, Kennedy or Bush wrote this law?

I would suspect that they wouldn't be suspecting fluent english speakers of any race period.

No mostly it is wah I do not like Arizona's anti-illegal immigration law so I am going to lie and says it allows for racial profiling since no one can prove the bill is racist or allows for racial profiling.

Seeing how anyone of any race can be illegal if they are in the country illegally and this bill targets illegals and those who hire illegals I fail to see how this bill is racist. Besides that People regardless of race love fried chicken, watermelon and grape soda.

When most pro-illegals say SB 1070 is racist or allows for racial profiling then would think that somewhere in that bill allows for racial profiling or is racist.

A) The law is designed to curb illegal immigration, or at least address it in some way in a functional fashion.
B) The illegal immigrants are coming mostly from mexico.
C) An officer must have reasonable suspicion that a person is illegal...

How is an illegal identified? Define the mechanism by which an officer can cite reasonable suspicion that a person is illegal? Lack of papers is not an argument because legal residents do not carry papers other than an illegal. Illegals would have access in many situations to drivers licenses, meaning they are not a sufficient proof of citizenship. What papers suffice? Is that at the discretion of the officer?

When he checks everyones papers in the car that he ever pulls over does that mean everyone without papers gets put into an ICE holding cell?

I fail to see how your one example of a guy with no ID driving a car is any good. He's going to be written up for driving without a license, and at the officers discretion he can be handled through ICE.

No mostly it is wah I do not like Arizona's anti-illegal immigration law so I am going to lie and says it allows for racial profiling since no one can prove the bill is racist or allows for racial profiling.

....what?

The only way this bill would be ineffective is if Obama, McCain, Kennedy or Bush wrote this law?

...what?

The fact most illegals are Mexican does not make the bill racist just because the bill targets illegals.

Please read what you said and give it some deeper thought. You essentially finish my argument with this admission that the targeted are mexican, have fun not profiling them.

Back
Top Bottom