• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona's Descent into Madness

“It's a perfect storm here in Arizona. Services are being slashed and burned. Potentially in the next few months we'll be releasing thousands of folks from their relative stability. Our community resources are strapped beyond belief. And the state, which you'd think would be the safety net, we've lit the net on fire.” — Rep. Matt Heinz (D-AZ)¹

It's as if the inmates are in charge of Arizona.

The latest proposal?

Cutting 5,200 “seriously mentally ill individuals” from Medicaid would lower spending by $79.8 million.²

Arizona is a beautiful state to visit. Just beware of the inhabitants.

This would fit much better in the forum instead of the blog section.

Chappy, yep our state budget is in the drain. Not as bad as CA. If we don't have the money, how do you want the State to pay for the "services". How long do you think CA can go on with its debt spending?

Hugh_Akston;bt423 said:
This would fit much better in the forum instead of the blog section.

I don't know why you say that.

I took the time to find a relevant Tucson Congressman's quote and a separate news article describing specifically the Governor's latest budget cuts and I offered my own personal reaction. As such it's a substantive blog entry.

My sense is I spent a lot more effort researching and crafting this blog entry than most members do in creating threads, which is okay for them, the goal in threads is more about interaction than documentation.

My own personal experience is if I had created a thread my carefully crafted opening post would have been buried under a dozen off-topic or trolling comments. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing my effort has resulted in entry #13 in my blog. It serves my purposes far better.

Thanks for your interest, Chappy.

Seems you are using the blog to dodge answering questiions similar to your thread posts. At times an interesting read, but so one sided.

mike2810;bt426 said:
Seems you are using the blog to dodge answering questiions similar to your thread posts. At times an interesting read, but so one sided.

You seem to be saying that I'm using a blog entry instead of a opening a thread so I don't have to respond to your questions. But, in the same breath you say I didn't answer your questions when I posted threads. So if you feel the effect is the same, blog post or thread post, I didn't answer your questions, what's the issue?

The issue is in the treads you rarely debate or answer questions. I understand in blogs you don't need to answer questions. IMO, you have gone to blogs to avoid being challenged on some of your views or statements. enjoy.

mike2810;bt443 said:
The issue is in the treads you rarely debate or answer questions. I understand in blogs you don't need to answer questions. IMO, you have gone to blogs to avoid being challenged on some of your views or statements. enjoy.

And, yet, here you are challenging me and I am responding. The difference I see is that blog entries remain at the top of their pages so comments always have that context whereas thread opening posts quickly disappear under other posts, relevant and (mostly) not.

Back
Top Bottom