• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona voters approve Prop. 208, education tax on state's highest earners

That's okay

There were those who thought just like you in the final years of Rome even when pillar's are falling down all around them

keep up the good work!
Indeed, I will. As I said, the invitation stands. Come before the pillars fall and have some fun.

Money is mobile, folks. When the bureaucratic beast finds there is less taxable income from the desert's "high earners" than forecasted, where do you suppose he'll turn next?

Indeed, I will. As I said, the invitation stands. Come before the pillars fall and have some fun.

Nah... been there and seen already the sights and sounds

I was thinking before to move there , but No way Jose!!!

The average Teacher salary in AZ was 50,000 something a year before this

Not too shabby for a scheduled 185 days of work a year?
Arizona teachers are among the lowest paid in the nation. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. Adjusted for local cost of living, federal figures show elementary teachers actually rank 49th in earnings and high school teachers 48th.

Oh, dear. Arizona passed a referendum by the rules.

This is literally worse than Hitler.

Please try to be more honest.

1607128724899.png1607128724899.png

Arizona teachers are among the lowest paid in the nation. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. Adjusted for local cost of living, federal figures show elementary teachers actually rank 49th in earnings and high school teachers 48th.

What’s wrong with that? Teachers most other places are way overpaid. You’re comparing true market value to overvalue. Clearly they’re not underpaid since people are taking the job.

this never made sense to me.
you ruin a state with your idiotic politics then get sick of the crap you passed. you then move to a different state and do the same thing again acting like it is going to turn out differently. that is the definition of insanity.

we passed a school bill here but it is a .5 cent increase on the sales tax and it affects everyone in the county.
Liberals want all their liberal stuff but they don't like paying for it. So they ruin one state by electing liberals who implement these policies and then they want to move away from the taxes. Problem is then they want their liberal stuff at the new location but they can't figure our how to get someone else to pay for it.

What’s wrong with that? Teachers most other places are way overpaid. You’re comparing true market value to overvalue. Clearly they’re not underpaid since people are taking the job.
Do you know the average pay of teachers across the country? Hardly overpaid when you compare them to Drs, lawyers, and mostly to politicians.

Do you know the average pay of teachers across the country? Hardly overpaid when you compare them to Drs, lawyers, and mostly to politicians.

Most politicians don’t make that much money. There may be extreme cases but congress, US Senate, and Presidential salaries are not high.

Doctors and Lawyers are not typically salaried workers, not the ones making the most money anyway. If a lawyer bills you 200 an hour and you pay it and they work insane hours that’s not being overpaid.

Teachers work salaried work that’s not scalable. And if it were so easy then maybe teachers should all become doctors and lawyers. Or since most are women maybe they should marry one.

Underpaid women can always act more wifely and marry into a higher salary.

Clearly they’re not underpaid since people are taking the job.
um, we have had YEARS of teacher shortages, pre-covid. standards lowered, exceeding state laws on class size, extending subs contracts has not rectified the situation. you know nothing.

Mob rule?

I love how those that don't even pay a tax can make those that pay taxes pay even more

Advertising this as a (mere?) 3.5% upper state income tax (bracket) rate increase is clever. In reality it raises the top AZ state income tax (bracket) rate from the current 4.5% to 8% which is about a 78% tax (bracket) rate increase. This is (to be) accomplished by adding a 5th AZ state income tax (bracket) rate dedicated to the richest (who elect to stay in) AZ.

Last edited:

It's shabby compared to a senator. Or a president who plays golf one out of every five days.

It's shabby compared to a senator. Or a president who plays golf one out of every five days.

And how many "senators" or "Presidents" are there compared to all the Teachers in AZ?

? You are not a fan of the legal system? Would you prefer the mobs just go to their homes and kidnap them?

Yes, when the "Legal System" has been COMPROMISED I'm NOT

I am sure arizona will turn into venezuela in precisely 9 days.

I am sure arizona will turn into venezuela in precisely 9 days.

No, it will be a "death by a thousand cuts" kinda thing Taco(Much slower)

call me when california's economy isn't bigger than that of most countries. If AZ has that same thousand cuts, then I look forward to their prosperity.

call me when california's economy isn't bigger than that of most countries. If AZ has that same thousand cuts, then I look forward to their prosperity.

Well, Tesla looks like they're packing their bags(LOL)

Hey Guy, poor analogy. Calif is Blessed with fertile land/weather(#1 Ag State)

They have many ports with LA being the largest?

Nope, but AZ will tax those making over $250K at the same rate CA now taxes those making over $45.7K.

Back
Top Bottom