• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona voters approve Prop. 208, education tax on state's highest earners

If you were a good teacher, would you pick the place that's hot as hell for less money, or the place with higher pay that you didn't have to use oven mitts to touch your steering wheel in the summer?

Our teachers are leaving our state. We don't have enough teachers.

They are not even leaving the state....as I indicated previously.

The two sisters I know both jumped into cosmetology. More money....less stress.

They'd go back if there was less stress and a chance they could actually teach instead of babysitting.

Not sure what you are saying about the climate. Lots of people are picking it. One of the fastest growing places in the country....for a reason. In December, I used to play football in t-shirt and still sweat a little.

They are not even leaving the state....as I indicated previously.

The two sisters I know both jumped into cosmetology. More money....less stress.

They'd go back if there was less stress and a chance they could actually teach instead of babysitting.

Not sure what you are saying about the climate. Lots of people are picking it. One of the fastest growing places in the country....for a reason. In December, I used to play football in t-shirt and still sweat a little.
I'm a native and the friends I have who've graduated college leave because of lack of funding and crappy conditions here but yeah, especially after Covid, teachers are leaving for the reasons you've mentioned as well. Who wants that stress.

Arizona has a brutal summer. It's not California weather. You put up with the heat for the beautiful winters, no snow, and at one time cheaper living but that last ones not really an option anymore, out housing prices are soaring. Hopefully our snow birds come back now that Covid is less of a thing.

It looks like that prop 208 is dead.

I'm a native and the friends I have who've graduated college leave because of lack of funding and crappy conditions here but yeah, especially after Covid, teachers are leaving for the reasons you've mentioned as well. Who wants that stress.

Arizona has a brutal summer. It's not California weather. You put up with the heat for the beautiful winters, no snow, and at one time cheaper living but that last ones not really an option anymore, out housing prices are soaring. Hopefully our snow birds come back now that Covid is less of a thing.
I am a native too, and I voted for 208, and I am damned sick of this shit in my state. They did it with medical marijuana a few times, and with other things we voted for. The old boy money folk want to do things their way, voters be damned.

Back
Top Bottom