• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona surpasses 5,000 coronavirus deaths

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The Latest: Arizona surpasses 5,000 coronavirus deaths

PHOENIX -- Arizona has reached a grim milestone of more than 5,000 known coronavirus deaths.

The state Department of Health Services reported 629 confirmed coronavirus cases and 29 more deaths on Saturday to total 5,007.

Meanwhile, Arizona State University President Michael Crow says 452 students have tested positive for the coronavirus. More than half involve students who live off campus in the metro Phoenix area.

Crow says 205 students are currently in quarantine on the Tempe campus.
==========================================================================
Arizona continues to be a regional hot-spot for the coronavirus.

PHOENIX -- Arizona has reached a grim milestone of more than 5,000 known coronavirus deaths.

The state Department of Health Services reported 629 confirmed coronavirus cases and 29 more deaths on Saturday to total 5,007.

Meanwhile, Arizona State University President Michael Crow says 452 students have tested positive for the coronavirus. More than half involve students who live off campus in the metro Phoenix area.

Crap.

meh .... so ?
I can't do a damned thing about it and I'm tired of hearing the fatalistic fear mongering..
y'all try to have a happy day.

That's more Americans who died than who died in the Iraq war.

Total fearmonger BS!

AZ has been trending down for a month and a half. AZ has gone from 21% positive average per week to the current 5%. AZ has one of the lowes Rt's in the nation. Hospital statistics are the lowest they've been throughout the pandemic. Businesses are being allowed to open up because we have reached proper benchmarks. We've gone from averaging 3800 cases a day to less than 600. This number is dropping quickly. Many of the daily reported deaths you see are from June and July.

ADHS - Data Dashboard

Some pretty steep downward trends.

Take a look at the heat map below. Does it look like AZ is a hot spot.

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

Do some research next time you try to preach your doom and gloom.

Last edited:

Wait I thought the pandemic was over and we won. That is what I heard at the RNC.

That's tragic, but still less than a third of what New Jersey had, and less than a sixth of what NY had.

So, we've hit a point where the news that 5,000 are dead in a single state from a virus is considered fearmongering and unimportant?

Great.

The failures of the federal non-response are going to reverberate for a long time. And sadly the death toll will continue to steadily increase.

Total fearmonger BS!

AZ has been trending down for a month and a half. AZ has gone from 21% positive average per week to the current 5%. AZ has one of the lowes Rt's in the nation. Hospital statistics are the lowest they've been throughout the pandemic. Businesses are being allowed to open up because we have reached proper benchmarks.

ADHS - Data Dashboard

Some pretty steep downward trends.

Take a look at the heat map below. Does it look like AZ is a hot spot.

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

Do some research next time you try to preach your doom and gloom.

So reaching 5000 deaths is good news?

TMW2020-04-15colorLARGE.jpg

So, we've hit a point where the news that 5,000 are dead in a single state from a virus is considered fearmongering and unimportant?

Great.

Fearmongering it is,
and truly important Only to those who lost loved ones.

have you given thought to seeing a audiologist?
some give hearing tests for free.

So all those 1000's of people at Trump's Whitehouse RNC finale speech were wearing invisible masks and half of them were manikins so they were really social distancing? Good to know. It looked to me like they were acting like the pandemic was over.

The failures of the federal non-response are going to reverberate for a long time. And sadly the death toll will continue to steadily increase.

Failure of State elected officials to respond should reflect in their respective coming elections.
The Feds have done as is Constitutionally set forth.

It probably is to you. I bet you can't wait to check the death numbers each day. It's gotta be good for Biden right?

I look at what is going on right now in this moment. AZ was the national hot spot for a while and now we have turned it around. Liberals just look at numbers and freak out. Learn to take a deeper look and don't be such a little CNN parrot!

Failure of State elected officials to respond should reflect in their respective coming elections.
The Feds have done as is Constitutionally set forth.

Trump will have more than 200,000 dead on his resume by election day. Time to boot his worthless ass.

Good news? no, unless one attempts to use it for political gain.
Bad news for their loved ones.
for the remainder of us....
unless addicted to adrenaline rush of fear
It just Is.

So all those 1000's of people at Trump's Whitehouse RNC finale speech were wearing invisible masks and half of them were manikins so they were really social distancing? Good to know. It looked to me like they were acting like the pandemic was over.

If that's your viewpoint, so be it.... but it is a view and not what you heard anyone say.

Trump will have more than 200,000 dead on his resume by election day. Time to boot his worthless ass.

Not his resume....
maybe the 'experts' who were calling the shots
from the CDC.

If that's your viewpoint, so be it.... but it is a view and not what you heard anyone say.

So it's a do as I say not as I do sort of thing? Or is it that "what you see and hear is not what's happening."

Great.

No, I think the fearmongering (I would actually go for it being a political jab, but what do I know?) is pointing out the number of deaths and claiming that AZ is a hotspot, without also pointing out useful information like the fact that the daily new case rate has dropped dramatically.

Not his resume....
maybe the 'experts' who were calling the shots
from the CDC.

Time for a president with the stones to call the shots, apparently. Time to boot Trump’s worthless ass.

What's the big deal? Everyone dies eventually. Dying is good actually..

RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg

Some probably think it good..
everyone wants to go to heaven
they just don't wanna' do it today.

Back
Top Bottom