• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Arizona Style' Immigration Law Proposed in Texas

I always thought only smart Texans leave Texas...so if you send them all back, the IQ of the state might just get a bit higher. It will take a bunch of them tho, to counter the effect of Bush moving back to Texas

Coughs I am one of them eyes looks back and forth.

About this law, this is just another long line of bills that take way people rights that are legal immigrants. I mean come on Texas R's even posed a bill that cut the befits of kids that were born here because their parents were illegal. Rolls eyes! I am saying that the R's are demonizing a group of people because they are different from them it like the Muslim's going to put Sharia Law even thought the constitution forbids it bogeyman. I got to say I know that the Illegals and non Citizen pays more in Taxes than legal and actual citizens plus the fact no one can get away without paying taxes in any state.

Coughs I am one of them eyes looks back and forth.

About this law, this is just another long line of bills that take way people rights that are legal immigrants. I mean come on Texas R's even posed a bill that cut the befits of kids that were born here because their parents were illegal. Rolls eyes! I am saying that the R's are demonizing a group of people because they are different from them it like the Muslim's going to put Sharia Law even thought the constitution forbids it bogeyman. I got to say I know that the Illegals and non Citizen pays more in Taxes than legal and actual citizens plus the fact no one can get away without paying taxes in any state.

My brother gets by on 50% disability from the VA, about $700, nothing else. If there was a disability rating for lazy, he would get 100% for that. He has never worked a job aside from a few years in the Navy. Because of the homestead act in Texas, he gets to keep the home he inherited from our parents even tho he cannot afford to pay property taxes. When he dies, tho, Texas owns the house unless some relative makes a claim and pays all the back taxes.
The place is in pretty bad shape, can't imagine any of my siblings wanting the place, except maybe one who can't afford to pay the back taxes.

I didn't know naturalized citizens had "Im not illegal" tattooed to their foreheads and were immune to being profiled as illegals as such.

They wouldn't be. They would exhibit no signs of being illegal immigrants.

They wouldn't be. They would exhibit no signs of being illegal immigrants.

Signs like what? Speaking a foreign language? Being a little too dark in complexion? What signs did you have in mind?

Signs like what? Speaking a foreign language? Being a little too dark in complexion? What signs did you have in mind?

" Originally Posted by Harshaw
They wouldn't be. They would exhibit no signs of being illegal immigrants."

Chappy, he said no signs. Think you misread what Harshaw wrote. Jumped the gun a little.

My brother gets by on 50% disability from the VA, about $700, nothing else. If there was a disability rating for lazy, he would get 100% for that. He has never worked a job aside from a few years in the Navy. Because of the homestead act in Texas, he gets to keep the home he inherited from our parents even tho he cannot afford to pay property taxes. When he dies, tho, Texas owns the house unless some relative makes a claim and pays all the back taxes.
The place is in pretty bad shape, can't imagine any of my siblings wanting the place, except maybe one who can't afford to pay the back taxes.

This is a shining example of a stupid policy.. Wow I feel sorry for you.

As I said before, I don't think it's the states' duty (or right) to enforce immigration laws. However, since the federal government doesn't seem to have any interest in doing it, I support this kind of legislation.

This is a shining example of a stupid policy.. Wow I feel sorry for you.

don't feel sorry for me, the one thing I can say about that brother, he has never asked me for money...no, 2 things, he never married so he never subjected some poor women to his life style...
He has asked our older sister for money a few times, and gotten it, but he knows better than to ask me....
I know that he is lazy...and he knows that I know...

BTW, he lives near you, want to meet him?

Last edited:
don't feel sorry for me, the one thing I can say about that brother, he has never asked me for money...no, 2 things, he never married so he never subjected some poor women to his life style...
He has asked our older sister for money a few times, and gotten it, but he knows better than to ask me....
I know that he is lazy...and he knows that I know...

BTW, he lives near you, want to meet him?

Um no thanks I'd rather not xd.

Um no thanks I'd rather not xd.

2 brothers, 2 sisters in the area you live in. One sister in Kingswood, another in Houston, older brother in Louisiana, younger brother in Livingston.....and me, I stay far, far away... occasionally visit the sister in Kingswood, tho.

" Originally Posted by Harshaw
They wouldn't be. They would exhibit no signs of being illegal immigrants."

Chappy, he said no signs. Think you misread what Harshaw wrote. Jumped the gun a little.

No signs, like not speaking a language other than English, like not being a little too dark, etc. Gun not jumped.

I think it's time to seriously reconsider the land mine treaty so we can properly secure our border.

Villa.jpg

Pancho and Black Jack circa 1917.

I wish them well the more the merrier until we get a Person in the Oval office who will take the oath seriously.

Haven't had one of those since the Army under the command of Black Jack Pershing went after Pancho Villa, back almost 100 years ago.

Those were the days. Imagine the Constitution still meant something, and when our border was violated, and much less than it is today the Shtuff hit the fan.

I grew up in Texas, NE side of Houston....Smiley High, class of 64.....at least 2 of my siblings are stupid, but to be fair, they would probably be just as stupid in other states....

I think you're stupid for leaving this great state, but to be fair, Utah and Az aren't bad choices.
Sometimes you post like you're from the left coast though.:lol:

No signs, like not speaking a language other than English, like not being a little too dark, etc. Gun not jumped.

Signs like having no driver's license when you are pulled over for running a red light. No ID either.
Signs like when the cops are called to break up a brawl and none speak English and they have no form of ID.
I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I've ever had a situation where I was in contact with the law, I ALWAYS had to show ID.
We have the right to know who is in our country. If they are here illegally the law needs to be enforced. If the federal gov. won't do it, the states should be allowed to.

Do you know who I am. Who did I ever call a racist? Cept bicycleguy hes a racist. Freakout elsewhere please.

Amazing how you say you are not calling anyone a racist or that a bill is racist but yet you make bull **** accusations that the bill authorizes racial profiling.

You are a r****t by conclusion who would support the expansion of government, prisons, policing, at the expense of your government and people's coffers with no consideration for the consequences on legal immigrants of the color in question. You would never support such an expansion of policing and government for any other purpose with such a disregard for the rights of law abiding citizens in any other situation. Your approval of parties with conflict of interest of the people the law intends to represent fundamentally undermines any legitimacy to whatever government you envision.

If the police can ask for ID, do DUI checks, pull you over for speeding then they can ask if you are here legally and if you claim to be here legally then you should have the documents on you that federal law says you must keep on you at all times. This is not some expansion of the government of what ever the hell else you claim it to be.

Oh great. Yet another example of conservatives being all for small government -- except for when the alternative is politically expedient.

Oh great. Yet another example of conservatives being all for small government -- except for when the alternative is politically expedient.

How does requiring police officers spend a few extra minutes at most to verify the legal status of someone whom they have lawful reason for stopping a increase in the size government? Amazing how some of you people act like small governments means we take the regulations we have now as though it was some cup that is already full of water and that we are not support to take out or add anything extra.

I think you're stupid for leaving this great state, but to be fair, Utah and Az aren't bad choices.
Sometimes you post like you're from the left coast though.:lol:
Utah is a dry state, and I don't mean alcohol....after moving away from humidity, I can't go back.
Moderates don't have to agree with the left or the right, we moderates is savvy enough to see that good ideas can come from either direction...
I want better schools/education along with less welfare, a smaller army (filled boots) but enough smart weapons to make up the difference, higher taxes (than now) for all, but more deductions for families, etc..
I could go on, but it would either bore or irritate the fringe element here on DP...:2razz:

How does requiring police officers spend a few extra minutes at most to verify the legal status of someone whom they have lawful reason for stopping a increase in the size government? Amazing how some of you people act like small governments means we take the regulations we have now as though it was some cup that is already full of water and that we are not support to take out or add anything extra.

Besides, aren't the police supposed to verify the identity of EVERYONE they pull over? How are they supposed to issue tickets to people they cannot even identify? They take your license, they run it through their computer to see if you have any warrants, what's wrong with running the immigration status of EVERYONE at the same time? Therefore, it can't be a racial thing, it's a police thing.

How does requiring police officers spend a few extra minutes at most to verify the legal status of someone whom they have lawful reason for stopping a increase in the size government?

Any time you give the government more authority, you are increasing the size of government -- even if you don't create departments or hire more agents. "Size" as a term used in reference to the government speaks to both the abstract and the finite.

Amazing how some of you people act like small governments means we take the regulations we have now as though it was some cup that is already full of water and that we are not support to take out or add anything extra.

Amazing how some of you people act like you can be a small government conservative and still argue for bigger government when one of your pet peeves comes up.

Oh well.

At least nobody's calling me a liberal this time. :lol:

Besides, aren't the police supposed to verify the identity of EVERYONE they pull over? How are they supposed to issue tickets to people they cannot even identify? They take your license, they run it through their computer to see if you have any warrants, what's wrong with running the immigration status of EVERYONE at the same time? Therefore, it can't be a racial thing, it's a police thing.

What the police officer is supposed to be verifying is that:
  • Your driver's license is valid
If they opt to check local law enforcement databases to make sure you're not a wanted fugative, I can dig that, but that's not supposed to be why they pulled you over.

At any rate, citizenship is not in any way shape or form the business of local authorities. Residency, yes. Citizenship, no.

Any time you give the government more authority, you are increasing the size of government -- even if you don't create departments or hire more agents. "Size" as a term used in reference to the government speaks to both the abstract and the finite.

Amazing how some of you people act like you can be a small government conservative and still argue for bigger government when one of your pet peeves comes up.

Oh well.

At least nobody's calling me a liberal this time. :lol:
damn liberal.....there, feel better now?:2razz:
IMO, there is a big issue here that does not get addressed often enough. The more illegals we have doing jobs that Americans shouldn't be too proud to do, the closer we come to more welfare and other benefits for those same Americans.
We pay people to stay home and do nothing, while illegals come here and do the work our "welfare class" should be doing, and would be doing if they had no welfare to fall back on...
I have relatives, my side of the family, who have spent most of their lives avoiding any work, much less hard work....and they know all the excuses. There must be a book of excuses they use since they all sound as tho they have read that book...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom