• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Sheriff I'll jail the protesters

I knew it'd be that authoritarian prick Joe Arpaio when I saw this thread title...

I've only seen the article in the link you posted, but it depends on the situation. He is not saying he would jail them simply for protesting against the Immigration Bill. If they are trespassing or keeping officers from doing their job they should be penalized for that. If he is imprisoning them simply because he disagrees with them that is wrong. I need to know what it means when the article says "block his jail".

One has to wonder what exactly that racist thug needs to do before he is considered to be crossing the line.

I've only seen the article in the link you posted, but it depends on the situation. He is not saying he would jail them simply for protesting against the Immigration Bill. If they are trespassing or keeping officers from doing their job they should be penalized for that. If he is imprisoning them simply because he disagrees with them that is wrong. I need to know what it means when the article says "block his jail".

IMO, only partisanship would allow someone to jump to the conclusion that he must mean that he's going to arrest people simply for protesting. People have protested this guy for years and I've never heard him arresting any of them unfairly. I don't always agree with this guys policies but I'm not going to bend the truth to trash his name. There's too much of that going on as it is.

One has to wonder what exactly that racist thug needs to do before he is considered to be crossing the line.

He says it's "a crime to be here illegally and everyone should enforce" the law.

He's right.

So let me get this right. A Hispanic US Citizen is racist for arresting Hispanic Illegal Aliens? Just because they are breaking the law? Is that what you are saying? :confused:

Maybe he will be considered to have crossed the line when he actually breaks the law instead of just enforcing it, like he is paid to do.
The citizens of Maricopa County seem to like him pretty well. They keep re-electing him. With 31.8% of the population being Hispanic that would be pretty tough to do if he were the "racist" you want to paint him as.

Just more Leftist whingeing.

We'll be hearing 'there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant' next.

Honestly, many weirdos say it: There's No Such Thing As An Illegal Alien

I think they've taken John Lennon's Imagine album as a fully matured political manifesto set to music!

:roll: This is the man who is considered a tough sheriff taken away a person right to protest.

Arizona sheriff: I'll jail immigration protesters - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

You pro-illegals crack me up.Your thread title is misleading. It falsely implies that Sheriff Joe will arrest people for simply protesting. Let you show his quote in case some other pro-illegals wishes to continue to spread your blatant lie.

Arizona sheriff not relenting after court ruling - NewsChannel 9 WSYRMaricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says that if protesters want to block his jail, he'll put them in it.

Do you pro-criminals and pro-illegals(technically the same thing as pro-criminals since illegal immigration is a crime) realize that the more you publicize Sheriff Joe Arpaio efforts the more likely this kind of thing can spread to other states? You people are basically advertising the fact that criminals do not need cable television, air conditioning, that there is more than one way to crack down on illegals,criminals can work in chain gangs, you can crack down on illegal immigration and criminals can actually be treated like criminals when they are incarcerated. You people are basically highlighting the fact that the scum in office are not doing their damn job.

Last edited:
Just more Leftist whingeing.

We'll be hearing 'there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant' next.

Honestly, many weirdos say it: There's No Such Thing As An Illegal Alien

I think they've taken John Lennon's Imagine album as a fully matured political manifesto set to music!

So if I understand this article right, anarchy is now called a voluntary society?
I would invite Mr. Stevens (the author) to move to Somalia if he thinks a "voluntary society" is such a cool idea.
Hmmmm, That could be a really good topic for a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom