• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Babeu told CNSNews.com that rather than help law enforcement in Arizona stop the hundreds of thousands of people who come into the United States illegally, the federal government is targeting the state and its law enforcement personnel.

“What’s very troubling is the fact that at a time when we in law enforcement and our state need help from the federal government, instead of sending help they put up billboard-size signs warning our citizens to stay out of the desert in my county because of dangerous drug and human smuggling and weapons and bandits and all these other things and then, behind that, they drag us into court with the ACLU,” Babeu said.

The sheriff was referring to the law suits filed by the American Civil Liberties Union and the U.S. Department of Justice challenging the state’s new immigration law.

“So who has partnered with the ACLU?” Babeu said in a telephone interview with CNSNews.com. “It’s the president and (Attorney General) Eric Holder himself. And that’s simply outrageous.”

“Our own government has become our enemy and is taking us to court at a time when we need help,” Babeu said.

CNSNews.com - Arizona Sheriff:

"Change you can believe in."

I wonder how many were expecting and were disappointed it wasn't Arpaio.

Last edited:
Actually I like Babeu better than Arpaio. He in not as in your face when he speaks. Both are fighting a good fight against illegal immigration, id theft, and drug smuggling. I could see Babeu running for Congress someday. That is if he has an interest to get out of LE. IMO, we need more people like him.

So a right wing blog posts comments by a nobody sheriff and it's supposed to mean something?

So a right wing blog posts comments by a nobody sheriff and it's supposed to mean something?

Got it.... there really aren't any signs in the Arizona desert warning people to stay out. Phoenix really isn't the kidnapping capital of the US. The US government didn't really take Arizona to court over their trying to do something about the Illegal Alien problem in Arizona.

Here are a few facts from the FBI that aren't real either.

The following information IS compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.

* 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

* 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles , Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

* 24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and Federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

* 53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

* 50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

* 71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".

* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

* 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

* 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

* 380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens (which is UN-Constitutional; illegal).

* 97.2% of all costs incurred from those illegal births were paid by the American taxpayers.

Yeah... it's terrible when leaders on the front line fighting the battle are actually heard.

Of course, famous rappers and Hollywierdos, those that barely made it out of high school, are divorced from reality and have their own entourage of protection, those with no skin in the game that get blowjobs from the leftist media are worthy of having their opinion heard on major networks.

Last edited:

A nobody to you maybe. He is a highly respected LE officer in Arizona and many of us share his point of view. Many in Arizona feel Obama has let us down. He is trying to stop initiatives the State has come up with to curb number of illegals in the State. I have yet to see any leadership by Obama to get Congress to act on a "comprehensive" immigration bill that he wants. So for those that say it’s the Feds job, then let’s see some action by the Feds and Congress. So far has been pretty lame.

it is telling that the first response is to look down on him for not being part of the 'worthy' class of commentariatte.

Got it.... there really aren't any signs in the Arizona desert warning people to stay out. Phoenix really isn't the kidnapping capital of the US. The US government didn't really take Arizona to court over their trying to do something about the Illegal Alien problem in Arizona.

The following information IS compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles , Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

* 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and Federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

* 53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

* 71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".

* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

* 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

* 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

* 380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens (which is UN-Constitutional; illegal).

* 97.2% of all costs incurred from those illegal births were paid by the American taxpayers.

redress-albums-stuffz-picture67112136-strawman.jpg

Last edited:

Those numbers don't pass the smell test. Where is the link to the FBI?

Yeah... it's terrible when leaders on the front line fighting the battle are actually heard.

Of course, famous rappers and Hollywierdos, those that barely made it out of high school, are divorced from reality and have their own entourage of protection, those with no skin in the game that get blowjobs from the leftist media are worthy of having their opinion heard on major networks.

No, this is a very selective view of the front line, not THE view of the front line. The fact is, which this biased blogger omits, is that Arizona
police are split on this issue. The policemen's union (yes, the union) are in favor of 1070; but the police chiefs association is not.

Arizona police agencies vary on enforcement of Arizona immigration law

Police Join Fight Against Arizona SB 1070 | Immigrant Rights | Change.org

Police Chiefs Speak Out Against Ariz. SB 1070

No, this is a very selective view of the front line, not THE view of the front line. The fact is, which this biased blogger omits, is that Arizona
police are split on this issue. The policemen's union (yes, the union) are in favor of 1070; but the police chiefs association is not.

Arizona police agencies vary on enforcement of Arizona immigration law

Police Join Fight Against Arizona SB 1070 | Immigrant Rights | Change.org

Police Chiefs Speak Out Against Ariz. SB 1070

Just asking. Do you think change.org is not biased? Yes, not all LE in Arizona supports 1070, but others do. The majority of people in AZ support the law. The Police Chief Assoc. did say they will enforce the law when enacted. They also stated AZ has an illegal problem. Babeu has stated numerous times he would like the Feds to do their job and certail illegal entry. IMO, all LE agree that AZ has an illegal problem. They all would like the Feds to enforce federal immigration laws. Some say 1070 would be just another tool to help with the issue.

I see.... you attack the Sherriff as not being an elitist pundit so we should all disregard anything he says. I post some statistics that back what this nobody Sheriff says and you call it a strawman.

I think you may just be an elitist nobody that supports the invasion of our country by drug dealers, people that deal in human slave traffic, and probably don't mind our border being open to any terrorist that happens to want to come here and kill innocent people, all so you democrats can give amnesty, and the vote to 20 million illegal aliens and secure your power for the next 20 years and continue to destroy this country from within.... or maybe you just can't come up with a logical argument that supports your unsupportable position..... yeah, probably #2.

I see.... you attack the Sherriff as not being an elitist pundit so we should all disregard anything he says. I post some statistics that back what this nobody Sheriff says and you call it a strawman.

I think you may just be an elitist nobody that supports the invasion of our country by drug dealers, people that deal in human slave traffic, and probably don't mind our border being open to any terrorist that happens to want to come here and kill innocent people, all so you democrats can give amnesty, and the vote to 20 million illegal aliens and secure your power for the next 20 years and continue to destroy this country from within.... or maybe you just can't come up with a logical argument that supports your unsupportable position..... yeah, probably #2.

You are good at this straw man stuff. Guess what, I said nothing at all like that either.

You have a link to a site that doesn't have an obviously blatant bias?

That site almost has more links on it that just plain words..... knock yourself out.

That link doesn't have the information you previously posted. ?

Sure it does.... you just have to not be so lazy. Just click the links and read them. I know, way to much trouble.... imagine having to actually do some research.

mouse.gif

I was going to point out the idiocy of the biased blogs methodology of how he came up with his crap...

...estimate of 15 million (illegal aliens) in a population of 300 million which is a 5% representation
[...]
According to FBI's Uniform Crime Reports (UCR), Crime in the United States (CIUS) 2005, for the Estimated Number of Arrests and applying a straight 5% illegal alien participation component we now get:...
Just a straight up one to one ratio???
He's guessing and being as dishonest as one can be, lying out his ass and you fell for it, lock, stock and barrel.

But anyway your blogger went on to out himself:

Even the FBI doesn't seem to want to know as neither the nationality of the perpetrator nor a Hispanic/Latino category is even present in either their Uniform Crime Reports or Victims and Offenders Supplement.

The FBI doesn't keep the statistics that has been claimed.

I know this because I tried to track down your source. I finally went directly to the FBI site and found what your blogger admitted - THEY DON'T KEEP THE STATISTICS THAT HAVE BEEN DISHONESTLY ATTRIBUTED TO THEM.

However I did find the exact same stats you posted on:

FreeRepublic

The latest FBI statistics show 83-percent of murder warrants in Phoenix, Arizona, are for illegal aliens - Stormfront

More of this junk debunked here

I was going to point out the idiocy of the biased blogs methodology of how he came up with his crap...

Just a straight up one to one ratio???
He's guessing and being as dishonest as one can be, lying out his ass and you fell for it, lock, stock and barrel.

But anyway your blogger went on to out himself:

The FBI doesn't keep the statistics that has been claimed.

I know this because I tried to track down your source. I finally went directly to the FBI site and found what your blogger admitted - THEY DON'T KEEP THE STATISTICS THAT HAVE BEEN DISHONESTLY ATTRIBUTED TO THEM.

However I did find the exact same stats you posted on:

FreeRepublic

The latest FBI statistics show 83-percent of murder warrants in Phoenix, Arizona, are for illegal aliens - Stormfront

More of this junk debunked here

LOL........ did you even bother to read your own link?

snopes.com: Just One State - Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles

:lamo

Back
Top Bottom