• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Republicans to begin auditing 2020 ballots in effort to undermine election results

Out of curiosity, how is it that an audit can be construed to undermine the election? All the audit does is validate the vote or identify discrepancies. If it doesn't find any discrepancies then it proves the vote was correct. If it does identify discrepancies then those discrepancies need to be explained.

Are you concerned that there were or are likely to be discrepancies?
The point is not that there is a recount per se (although how many recounts are you willing to have until you stop?), but how it is being conducted. And they way the audit is to proceed is very lopsided to the GOP favor and not a whole lot in the way of transparency.

I thought the Arizona GQP was footing the bill.

To my understanding the State (via the AZ Senate) is paying for the rent of the colosseum, the electricity, the security and the personnel to hand count 2.1 million ballots. No one actually knows how much the audit will cost Arizonans. It's a feckin mess already.

Out of curiosity, how is it that an audit can be construed to undermine the election? All the audit does is validate the vote or identify discrepancies. If it doesn't find any discrepancies then it proves the vote was correct. If it does identify discrepancies then those discrepancies need to be explained.

Find discrepancies? No. Invent discrepancies? Yes.

In other words, it doesnt undermine the countrys faith in election results. So I was right. As a sign of my good nature, I will give you a debating tip: Next time dont confuse your arrogance with intelligence

Once again you revert to useless pretzel logic due to your lack of understanding. Only you have the power to overcome your own ignorance.

In other words, it doesnt undermine the countrys faith in election results.

If the audit is honest.

I suppose you could make the argument that continually calling in to question the election results undermines the country's faith but at this point, those who think the election wasn't fair are just being willfully stupid.

Once again you revert to useless pretzel logic due to your lack of understanding. Only you have the power to overcome your own ignorance.
What is it you think I dont understand?

Find discrepancies? No. Invent discrepancies? Yes.
OK. So you've already decided what the objective is and what the outcome will be. Perhaps, exercising that amazing intuition you have, you can also tell us what the auditors will make up and how they will validate their claims!! The Amazing Kreskin has got nothing on you so please, enlighten us.

OK. So you've already decided what the objective is and what the outcome will be. Perhaps, exercising that amazing intuition you have, you can also tell us what the auditors will make up and how they will validate their claims!! The Amazing Kreskin has got nothing on you so please, enlighten us.
Since the investigating party expects to find election fraud and has limited transparency, I'm sure they'll find just what they are expecting. I don't consider this an audit that is likely to produce unbiased results.

Since the investigating party expects to find election fraud and has limited transparency, I'm sure they'll find just what they are expecting. I don't consider this an audit that is likely to produce unbiased results.
Does it matter to you that both Democrat and Republican observers will oversee every workstation?

Does it matter to you that both Democrat and Republican observers will oversee every workstation?
It bothers me that the investigators are openly biased.

[/QUOTE]
There is not enough band width to cover what you don't understand. Further, I am not interested in teaching you reading comprehension and deductive reasoning.
In other words, you cant make an argument. Rather than admit it you attack me. Not sure why you log in to a debate site when you have no ability to debate

Having to go to Florida to get a non-partisan auditing crew leads me to expect discrepancies. But, since no one will believe them when they merely produce numbers, they're wasting their time.

To my understanding the State (via the AZ Senate) is paying for the rent of the colosseum, the electricity, the security and the personnel to hand count 2.1 million ballots. No one actually knows how much the audit will cost Arizonans. It's a feckin mess already.
They tried to get the former county recorder Helen Purcell, who was in the office for around 20 years to help, she said....no way, this is a mockery.

- Arizona and Maricopa county has had enough checks of the 2020 election. Some just don't accept the results.

- My concern is who was hired (Cyber Ninja). They do not have a record of being unbiased or for that matter of doing quality audits.
The whole process stinks of partisanship.

My question is why doesn't the AZ Senate President accept the results of earlier audits? What information does she have that makes another audit needs to be done? Especially one that has all the markings of being partisan.

I thought the Arizona GQP was footing the bill.
Last I heard is $150,000 was allocated by the Senate. The AZ Republican Party has said they are receiving private contribution that may off set the cost. Lin Wood has said he has donated $50K.

If the audit simply confirms what the other counts have shown then your argument is garbage.
What do you believe is the purpose of this latest effort to hand count the Maricopa County ballots from the 2020 election is?

If the audit is honest.

I suppose you could make the argument that continually calling in to question the election results undermines the country's faith but at this point, those who think the election wasn't fair are just being willfully stupid.
Maybe. But Im not sure how the auditing of ballots is going to change anything. Once a ballot is separated from the envelope it came in, im not sure what there is to inspect. It seems like a waste of time to me, but its not my time being wasted so I dont much care. Nor do I think this has any impact on our precious democracy.

What do you believe is the purpose of this latest effort to hand count the Maricopa County ballots from the 2020 election is?
To see if the count was accurate. Checking and rechecking ballots to insure election integrity strengthens the democratic process.

To see if the count was accurate. Checking and rechecking ballots to insure election integrity strengthens the democratic process.
Already been done and the election certified.

How many more times does that need to be done?

- Arizona and Maricopa county has had enough checks of the 2020 election. Some just don't accept the results.

- My concern is who was hired (Cyber Ninja). They do not have a record of being unbiased or for that matter of doing quality audits.
The whole process stinks of partisanship.

My question is why doesn't the AZ Senate President accept the results of earlier audits? What information does she have that makes another audit needs to be done? Especially one that has all the markings of being partisan.
Not every audit covers the same things. For example, I can audit someone's gross income but that won't tell me anything about their expenses. I can audit policy and procedure but that won't tell me anything about financial viability. People hear the word "audit" and figure it means that everything has been thoroughly checked. That isn't the case at all. Every audit has a "scope" and only the things within that scope can be looked at.

evidently you don't want to debate the issue.

Have a good day.
Im happy to debate the issue. Ive already said that I dont see how this audit will find anything, but if people want to go through the effort, why not let them?

Back
Top Bottom