• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona reports record single-day increase in coronavirus cases ahead of Trump’s visit

To say nothing of Brazil, though I believe this may be winter in Brazil.

55 to 65 average highs in Brazil in winter. Similar to lower Florida in winter.

Last edited:
Ducey attended and was apparently NOT wearing a mask. What percentage of fools will not wear masks and say, "Well if the governor doesn't wear a mask neither will I?

Ducey is not part of the solution.

I'm hoping in his next press conference a reporter brings this up. I'm sure he will say he was standing with people who had all been tested blah blah blah! There was no way he would wear a mask in front of Trump. Trump is obviously the start of the problem.

Who have parents and grandparents, not to mention those they come into contact with and those they will come into contact with in the coming days and weeks.

For some reason this message isn't getting through. I think younger kids are also more selfish these days.

It's not impossible. Stand to the side, wait for them to pass at a safe distance, wait at a safe distance for shoppers to get at a safe distance.

I walk outside 6 days a week. I always wear a mask when I am near other people during my walks. Today it was 109 degrees. Uncomfortable? Yeah, a little. But it is doable.

Better than a respirator!

Who said Trump isn't a racist? Every single time he says something like that some racist Trump supporter will feel emboldened, maybe encouraged, to tell an Asian-American to go back to where they came from; to accost them publicly and call them names. None of the Asian-Americans will have a goddam thing to do with COVID's ravaging of America. In fact, some may be doctors or nurses or first responders or med techs or whatever.

What Trump said was/is racist.

It bothers me that the people who attended laughed and cheered when he said it. I have no idea how the pastor or members of the church responded. I would hope the pastor would publicly denounce Trump's racist words. What would Jesus do?

My son-in-law is Chinese-American. Don't worry. He gets told to go home to Mexico. Trumpers are that stupid.:mrgreen:

Is it smart campaign strategy to ignore one's own administration's advice to prevent spread by holding rallies where attendees might get or spread the virus and get very ill or die before they get to vote?

For some reason this message isn't getting through. I think younger kids are also more selfish these days.

old.jpg

Trump was making jokes calling it the Kung-flu, his knuckle dragging ass-rubes all cheered.

Arizona has a lot of troglodytes...

Agree! It seems to attract plenty of dumbass types for some reason. It must be the heat baking their brains.

I think it's fair to say the hoped for summer-heat abatement is not to be.

I think the heat might actually be enhancing the potency of the virus. Just basing this on the drastic increase of confirmed cases in hot weather states like Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

Cases are still on the rise here in California too but the per-capita infection rate is higher in the above-mentioned states.

My son-in-law is Chinese-American. Don't worry. He gets told to go home to Mexico. Trumpers are that stupid.:mrgreen:

Why am I not surprised? It's shameful that he has to face senseless hatred.

I was just picking up food and drove right past this church. I had no clue it exited. There were still a lot of people milling around. I wondered what was up until I saw the sign. Not a good neighborhood.

Its way out in the ugly NE part of town...no thanks.

Ducey attended and was apparently NOT wearing a mask. What percentage of fools will not wear masks and say, "Well if the governor doesn't wear a mask neither will I?

Ducey is not part of the solution.

Ducebag has sealed his fate. He is swine.

I think churches are exempt. The rally was in a church.

I think you may be incorrect. I’m pretty sure churches are included in the mask rule. Not including them would be an incredibly stupid idea. You are free to try to find a source for your belief but it looks like the belief that churches are exempt is a minority opinion. Trump just knows he can flout the law as usual.

Also for anyone interested, the governor did wear a mask.

Gov. Ducey wears Arizona flag mask during Trump rally in Phoenix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you may be incorrect. I’m pretty sure churches are included in the mask rule. Not including them would be an incredibly stupid idea. You are free to try to find a source for your belief but it looks like the belief that churches are exempt is a minority opinion. Trump just knows he can flout the law as usual.

Also for anyone interested, the governor did wear a mask.

Gov. Ducey wears Arizona flag mask during Trump rally in Phoenix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I owe Ducey an apology. Somebody mentioned that he did not wear a mask and I went with it.

Regarding the church exemption. I could have swore I read it somewhere. Maybe I was dreaming. That would be stupid not to include them.

Arizona reports record single-day increase in coronavirus cases ahead of Trump'''s visit

The Arizona Department of Health reported nearly 3,600 additional Covid-19 cases on Tuesday, another record in additional daily cases, ahead of President Donald Trump’s scheduled appearances in the state.

Arizona is averaging about 2,500 daily new cases as of Monday, which is about a 94% increase since one week ago, according to a CNBC analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

The increase in cases and hospitalizations comes as Trump travels to the nation’s border with Mexico and to Phoenix, where he’s scheduled to attend a campaign rally at a local church.
===============================================
There were nearly 3,600 new cases of COVID-19 in Arizona on Tuesday.

I watched the church filling up & there was only a very small number of people wearing masks. The same with the jammed up line to get in outside.

This rally could become a 'super spreader' event in honor of Trump's visit.

This must be Hillary fault!!

I think the heat might actually be enhancing the potency of the virus. Just basing this on the drastic increase of confirmed cases in hot weather states like Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

Cases are still on the rise here in California too but the per-capita infection rate is higher in the above-mentioned states.
That's an interesting thought. Another poster posited the high heat forces us indoors into airconditioning, which might be the cause.

I'm hoping COVID Express will become a thing.:mrgreen:
Keep it South of the Mason-Dixon. Seriously. In fact, I'm sure my Guv wouldn't allow Trump to have it here. Which suits me fine, and why he'll get my vote come the gubernatorial.

The difficult thing is, do we force a Cuomo-style quarantine on our visitors from these high Covid outbreak states. It breaks my heart to do that to my fellow Americans, but we may have no choice if they can't get their act together. Sad, really.

We'll know in 10 days to 2 weeks how devastating the trump rallies were on public health in both AZ and OK :(
Yes, but only in reference to rally-specific infected that are symptomatic. Otherwise, it takes closer to 2 months to see the full effects of the geometric progression they cause rippling through society.

Arizona is also getting some cases from Mexico. The navajo nation has been hit hard. We are also getting a lot of people from states that have more restrictions. I would think they are bringing some of the Covid with them. I'm hopeful the mask wearing will help. I just did curbside at a very popular and busy Mexican restaurant. I must have counted at least 10 people who walked in and then back out because they didn't have a mask. Most people did have a mask which was good.
Few of us here are epidemiologists. But if they're claiming masks cut the infection rate by half, and I see my state doing very well in Covid numbers while having a mask order with high compliance, then I'm tempted to give them the benefit of doubt - for now.

We in Ohio were one of the very first to shut down. We started reopening May 1. Right now restaurants are still under limited seating but everything is pretty much opened up with guidelines to follow. From all I have read we are going to have OSU football this fall.

It is impossible to social distance in a grocery store. It is impossible to social distance in my neighborhood just taking a walk because everyone is taking a walk...….with all their kids, dogs. It has been really hot this past week and wearing that mask is torture. Our state has not made it mandatory to wear a mask. We have seen an uptick in cases but there has also been a lot more testing plus it was expected to uptick while we reopened the economy. The deaths are very low.
I'm finding proper social (6 ft) distancing, which is mandatory here, is a hit & miss affair by the establishment. Though most here seem to be making reasonable efforts, and every check-out line seems to have good adherence to the 6ft floor markers.

My neighborhood is actually pretty good with the 6 ft rule, but it's not too crowded of a neighborhood (unlike my old one!). People are stepping to the other side of the sidewalk or off on the grass to make way for others.

Masks are required inside public places, or outdoors if social distance cannot be maintained. Consequently I'm seeing around 50/50 mask use when walking on the not very busy residential sidewalks of my immediate neighborhood, but there's generally very good and considerate social distancing when encountering others. In the busy business areas or indoors in public places, I'm seeing pretty much 100% mask compliance. The stores will not let you in without a mask. And straight-up, that's the way I want it!

BTW, have you tried disposable surgical masks? You'd have to research if they're the right solution for you, but if so - I can attest I find them reasonably comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom