• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

That was the summer of ERON... You know Ken Lay... who was best friends with...??

Actually, if you see the documentary--Eron:Smartest Guys in the Room -- that summer is what helped get Arnie elected.

The question I was looking for: Who was George W. Bush?

Ken Lay and Bush were "best friends"? Link?

Amusing how when it comes to Obama and his relationship with Wright/Ayers/etc., people like you considered it a smear to make absurd claims like that.

Yeah, because we don't have any power plants in CA.:roll:

I picture every employee of the AZ power companies saying: Tell that jackass to STFU. We like working.

So the theory is that it would be trivial for LA to find another power supplier, but it would be incredibly difficult for AZ to find another power purchaser?

Sounds like wishful thinking.

So the theory is that it would be trivial for LA to find another power supplier, but it would be incredibly difficult for AZ to find another power purchaser?

Sounds like wishful thinking.

Well this whole thing in itself is entirely unnesecary, just have have the Mayor of LA and the Governor of AZ just fight in the ring and be done with it.

Arizona needs to just pull out it's balance sheet, put it on the table, look at California, and laugh hysterically.

Uhhhh. We are in the dumps too. Not as bad as CA but not good either. We just had a vote for a temporary 1cent sales tax increase.

Our dickhead senators and congressmen threatened to cut education so they could get the votes in for the bill. Scumbags.

Arizona: The ‘Enron’ of States

Simply that Arizona like Enron cut off power to innocent people to serve their own selfish purposes.

Simply that Arizona like Enron cut off power to innocent people to serve their own selfish purposes.

and Los Angeles didn't cut off involvement with Arizona FIRST to serve it's own selfish purposes?

And illegal immigrants haven't come into our country and broken our laws in the process to serve their own selfish purposes?

Kettle meet pot.

Arizona's leaders are the only ones trying to do the RIGHT thing.

Even the Democratic Party Platform claims to support anti-illegal immigrant measures (such as found in this bill) - so I think the only ones ON the right track is Arizona - everyone else is just taking a partisan nitpick approach.

Far from the BS that the Democrats claimed to believe in: " abandon[ing] the politics of partisan division and find[ing] creative solutions to promote the common good."

I started a thread about the hypocrisy surrounding the Democrats sudden anti-Arizona effort view:http://www.debatepolitics.com/immig...ts-arizonas-measures-illegal-immigration.html

Adding to that - here's two other JUICY tidbits taken from the Democratic Party Platform which actually suggests that the government should PROTECT Arizona for these 'boycotts' being waged against it.

It also states that they feel illegals should learn English.

We will fight discrimination against Americans who have always played by our immigration rules but are sometimes treated as if they had not.

For the millions living here illegally but otherwise playing by the rules, we must require them to come out of the shadows and get right with the law. We support a system that requires undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, pay taxes, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens. They are our neighbors, and we can help them become full tax-paying, law-abiding, productive members of society.

Too bad the REAL Democrats aren't like their PLATFORM that they wrote and claim to believe in - I agree with a lot of things they've written but, in reality, They're full of ****.

Last edited:
I support it :shrug:

I guess if you can't just pick out the bad apples you've gotta card everyone at the door. . . too bad they won't actually make the system work, Democrats fail horribly at getting technology to be on their side.

I guess if you can't just pick out the bad apples you've gotta card everyone at the door. . . too bad they won't actually make the system work, Democrats fail horribly at getting technology to be on their side.

Only they won't be carding everyone at the door. Just those who look browner than others and can't speak english so good.

Only they won't be carding everyone at the door. Just those who look browner than others and can't speak english so good.

That was referring to the suggested workers-ID card that everyone who's legally employed will carry.

That was referring to the suggested workers-ID card that everyone who's legally employed will carry.

This already exists. It's called an H1B.

I support it

with all due respect, surely you realize few care whether you do or do not personally support this or that

the point is---the party in power is all over the parking lot on this profound problem, typically incoherent, preferring to play puny politics, instead

ie, the exact opposite of leadership

the president is pathetic

he refuses to enforce federal law on the border

he throws stones at the people of arizona for doing his job for him

And yet when LA council members proposes to cut off business to innocent people to serve their own selfish purposes, you're giddy. Why could that be?

Arizona better be careful, LA might decide not to let any water out of Hoover dam...

This is stupid, proof that protectionism (on both sides) is bad right here.

Last edited:
Arizona better be careful, LA might decide not to let any water out of Hoover dam...

This is stupid, proof that protectionism (on both sides) is bad right here.

Arizona better be careful?

Hard to be careful when your citizens are being kidnapped, murdered and raped all in the name of avoiding being thought to be racist. . . or some other state's interest in :shrug: What's LA's interest, here? Ensuring that they're forever in debt?

You'd think they'd be thankful.
Illegal Immigration sure as hell hasn't helped California out at freaking all - but they want it to continue?

Well this whole thing in itself is entirely unnesecary, just have have the Mayor of LA and the Governor of AZ just fight in the ring and be done with it.

I think they require a beer summit.

What will their beer choices be?

Dos Equis?
Modelo?

Dude.... they invented the internet...

:shock:

Dude.... they invented the internet...

:shock:

A few at UCLA pioneered Arpanet which preceded Janet. It connected them to UU and UCASB.

It's a by proxy relationship in which a state/city tries to claim a positive by taking notoriety for something that they didn't actually have anything to do with.

I know I know - too serious with that one :D

A few at UCLA pioneered Arpanet which preceded Janet. It connected them to UU and UCASB.

It's a by proxy relationship in which a state/city tries to claim a positive by taking notoriety for something that they didn't actually have anything to do with.

I know I know - too serious with that one :D

Well, I was talking more along the lines of the democrats being bad with technology and Al Gore inventing the internet.

Way to ruin a joke.

Back
Top Bottom