• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Legislature Passes Bill Requiring Proof Of US Citizenship To Vote

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
👏👏👏👏👏

This is a no brainer. Why would anyone oppose voter ID?
—————

The Arizona Legislature passed a bill this week that would ensure only U.S. citizens with proof of identification are eligible to register to vote in the state.

Arizona Republican Gov. Doug Ducey gives his state of the state address at the Arizona Capitol on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022. (Ross D. Franklin/AP Photo).
Under House Bill 2492, Arizona voters would be required to provide proof of citizenship on voter registration forms.

The state Senate passed the bill March 23 in a 16–12 vote, with 12 Democrats voting against the bill and two others—Democratic Sens. Lela Alston and Juan Mendez—opting not to vote. The state House already passed the bill, which now heads to Republican Gov. Doug Ducey’s desk to be signed into state law.

WHO can prove USA citizenship? YOU can't!

I can because I prepared my voting rights folder last year.

Exactly right. Who can even prove they're human as far as that goes. Hell my Corgi could submit a valid mail in ballot.
Well some cant tell what a woman is

Well some cant tell what a woman is

It's ultimately going to be up the Supreme Court to determine how many sexes there are and how do you join one of them. Seems our species is truly trying to destroy itself.

Good thing.

We have it here in Austria too.

There must be safeguards in place that only citizens are allowed to vote.

A citizen must provide a passport for example to register to vote.

Preferably only once, like we here in Austria and much of EURope. When you are born, you get automatically registered in your city and therefore to vote too. Same when you acquire citizenship.

Great news!

Sadly, blue states will never do the same.

My TN voter registration states valiid TN or Gov ID required to vote

Lessee… to sum up, 1- Republicans from Donald Trump recently to GOP strategist and leader Paul Weyrich some years ago have said the GOP doesn’t win when turnout is great, and thus they prefer it when fewer people vote; 2- there is little evidence of election fraud; so 3- republicans, only republicans, have introduced well over 425 restrictive bills in 49 states, bills which make it harder to vote. Hard to figure what’s up, that is, how a system that has served us well for many generations collapsed so dramatically in just a short time. It must have taken a genius, a very stable genius, to point this out and stimulate this corrective action. Maybe that person believed he was burned by election fraud himself.

Lessee… to sum up, 1- Republicans from Donald Trump recently to GOP strategist and leader Paul Weyrich some years ago have said the GOP doesn’t win when turnout is great, and thus they prefer it when fewer people vote; 2- there is little evidence of election fraud; so 3- republicans, only republicans, have introduced well over 425 restrictive bills in 49 states, bills which make it harder to vote. Hard to figure what’s up, that is, how a system that has served us well for many generations collapsed so dramatically in just a short time. It must have taken a genius, a very stable genius, to point this out and stimulate this corrective action. Maybe that person believed he was burned by election fraud himself.
Focus, this isn't about DT. Many brave people waited in line for the privilege to vote.

Look at what this country has come to. There are actually people arguing for non citizens to vote.
My God, we need to vote out these crazy progressives ASAP.

I am a progressive, but I fully support these measures for citizenship proof.

👏👏👏👏👏

—————

The Arizona Legislature passed a bill this week that would ensure only U.S. citizens with proof of identification are eligible to register to vote in the state.

Arizona Republican Gov. Doug Ducey gives his state of the state address at the Arizona Capitol on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022. (Ross D. Franklin/AP Photo).
Under House Bill 2492, Arizona voters would be required to provide proof of citizenship on voter registration forms.

The state Senate passed the bill March 23 in a 16–12 vote, with 12 Democrats voting against the bill and two others—Democratic Sens. Lela Alston and Juan Mendez—opting not to vote. The state House already passed the bill, which now heads to Republican Gov. Doug Ducey’s desk to be signed into state law.

I'm fairly sure that most states require proof of citizenship when one applies for a driver's license and/or I.D. card. I would think the citizenship issue should be handled when applying for voter registration.

The GOP has made it a partisan one, as evidenced by some of the measures it has introduced, such as shortening voting hours or days, eliminating Sunday voting, the types of acceptable picture IDs etc.
Partisans make it so. Wailing about not being able to get a proper ID, although one has years to plan?

👏👏👏👏👏

—————

Because they will now make the required ID as difficult as possible for certain people to get.

👏👏👏👏👏

—————

Why do we need proof of citizenship to vote when we already proved our citizenship when we registered to vote? That current voter ID card is more than enough.

Last edited:
👏👏👏👏👏

—————

Have fun on voting day, AZ. A couple other states have also done this and neither is actually enforcing it because it requires separate ballots and voting booths for state/local and federal candidates; the feds don't allow proof of citizenship so they can't be on the same ballot. So voters have to stand in two lines and vote twice in two different booths. Or something like that.

I see nothing at all wrong with requiring proof of citizenship to vote, but for some reason, the feds say no.

Why do we need proof of citizenship to vote when we already proved our citizenship when we registered to vote? That current voter ID card is more than enough.
No its not obviously or they wouldn’t have needed the law.

Have fun on voting day, AZ. A couple other states have also done this and neither is actually enforcing it because it requires separate ballots and voting booths for state/local and federal candidates; the feds don't allow proof of citizenship so they can't be on the same ballot. So voters have to stand in two lines and vote twice in two different booths. Or something like that.

I see nothing at all wrong with requiring proof of citizenship to vote, but for some reason, the feds say no.
For ‘some reason’

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom