• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Governor Vows to Fight Any Federal Lawsuit Over Immigration Law

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
FOXNews.com - Arizona Governor Vows to Fight Any Federal Lawsuit Over Immigration Law

"What a disappointment," Brewer told Fox News' Greta Van Susteren on Thursday, saying she was shocked the administration would make such an announcement on foreign TV without giving Arizona officials the news first. Her office hadn't heard from the administration as of Thursday evening.

"We are not going to back away from this issue," Brewer said. "We are going to pursue it, we're going to be very aggressive," Brewer said. "We'll meet them in court ... And we will win."

She added: "The population of America agrees with Arizona."

This bucket of puke of a president is now in the business of suing individual states.

What's next? Is he going to sue Texas over its gun laws? Is it going to sue Mississippi because it builds Toyotas without a union in place? Perhaps Montana for not legalizing medicinal marijuana?

Arizona is quite simply deciding to enforce a law that was already in place, nothing more. And the overwhelming majority of Americans agree - upwards of 75 percent, in fact - despite the media's attempts to portray the nation as disgusted with Arizona.

The Administration has stated the Feds are the ones to set immigration law. What the idiots don't seem to understand is AZ is not changing the federal law. It mearly gives a better means for the State to inforce it. I sure hope this is a one time President.

This bucket of puke of a president is now in the business of suing individual states.

The story is about the Governor of Az, but you couldn't resist a vile, ignorant attack on the President of the United States. How do you far-righties call yourselves Americans?

You allow Limbaugh and Beck to fill your heads with hate and lies, then you spew it all back out on these boards.

BTW - the President appoints an AJ. He has nothing to do with the day-to-day business of the DOJ.

Let the courts review the law and stop with your stupid meaningless attacks on the President.

The story is about the Governor of Az, but you couldn't resist a vile, ignorant attack on the President of the United States. How do you far-righties call yourselves Americans?

You allow Limbaugh and Beck to fill your heads with hate and lies, then you spew it all back out on these boards.

BTW - the President appoints an AJ. He has nothing to do with the day-to-day business of the DOJ.

Let the courts review the law and stop with your stupid meaningless attacks on the President.

I'm not feeling the love from your post either.

Let’s see, the administration (Hillary) states in Argentina news cast that the Admin is going to sue AZ over the law. The Arizona governor learned about it through the news and not a call from Obama's administration. Obama makes the” misguided" statement about the law before Justice has had a chance to read the Law. Homeland Security and Justice made negative comments before reading the law. So how do you think people from Arizona is going to react that support the new law?

Do you realize the President has asked the AG to look into AZ laws. Seems that is getting involved. I will grant that the border issue started before Obama was elected. Yet, what has he done but make negative statements before knowing all the facts.

I will agree that the courts should decided the issue. Yet the Obama administration has done very little to help Arizona. They have even postponed the sending of staff to visit Arizona and discuss the illegal crossing problem.

I don't listen to Rush, Beck or Savage. This is a debate forum. When one of Obama's cabinet members make statements, imo the President is fair game.

I'm not feeling the love from your post either.

I'm also not feeling any intelligence from it. He claims the story is about the arizona governor but that Obama was brought up irrelevantly. If the puke would have actually read the story, he would have seen that it was the governor's response to the president's administration. But never let a chance for a dumbass rant get by the resident moonbat.

Let the courts review the law that was already in place for decades? LOL

It is you that is perpetually and mentally contaminated by anti-American leftist ideology. So much so that the most simplistic subject is too difficult for you to reason. Still defending Etheridge today? (That was a hoot; thanks for that by the way)

And do you honestly believe that Obama, Emanuel, etc, aren't pulling these strings? Really?

"Bush, Bush, Beck, Bush, Limbaugh, Bush, Hannity, Bush" - LOL, seriously is that all you can muster?

Last edited:
If a State leaves the Union we say that they have seceded. What would we call it if a State was forced out (fired) from the Union?

If a State leaves the Union we say that they have seceded. What would we call it if a State was forced out (fired) from the Union?

I'd call it the first of several more that would jump ship to join them.

I'd also call it the first day of the next Civil War.

I'd call it the first of several more that would jump ship to join them.

I'd also call it the first day of the next Civil War.

Hmm... I would hope that it wouldn't go to violence but I can easily see this happening actually. It would be interesting to see if something like this is the match that lights the fuse. Both sides of the political spectrum have been getting near boiling point it sometimes seems like. Either way this thing goes I can see some harsh results from either side.

And seriously? Getting made at a State for enforcing the law? That's just plain silly.

First - this is amature hour at the White House yet again. Having Hillary let the cat out of the bag in South America on June 8th and no one from the WH directly contacting Arizona's governor? Reminds me of high school.

Second - I don't think the actual law itself is un-Constitutional. I will bet that the DoJ will argue that the State doesn't have the right to pre-empt the Federal Government by issuing the law, as border security is under the jurisdiction of the Fed and not the State. On those grounds, the DoJ may have a case against the passage of the law.

Can that actually happen?

Somehow I doubt it.

And even if it could happen it would presumably require the agreement of every other State in the Union, a goodly number of them actually agree with AZ reinforcement of an existing law.

More to the point, can the Federal Government be sued for refusing to back up a law it had originally enacted?

The Administration has stated the Feds are the ones to set immigration law. What the idiots don't seem to understand is AZ is not changing the federal law. It mearly gives a better means for the State to inforce it. I sure hope this is a one time President.

AZ doesn't need to be enforcing this law, it is the responsibility of the US Gov't. Last time I heard, we had a department of homeland security, which contained ICE and Border Security. Had the fed's did their job, AZ would not have had the platform to pass the series of illegal immigration laws. HAD the US spent there money on securing our borders, we would not be having this discussion.

Let's be frank, something had to be done, we are at war on the border, and we have to do something. As much as I hate to admit it, the only state that had the balls to do something about it was AZ. But their handling of it was a PR nightmare. If AZ would not have used a bigoted front man, Russell Pearce, to sponsor these bills, and if they would have addressed the last bill with strong anti profiling language from the beginning, they'd have got better support. Instead, the immigration issue was fodder for conservative politicians in our state that helped to propel a worthless govenor to become popular with conservatives and a narcistic sheriff to grab the lime light.

Oh let's not kid ourselves, the law is working in AZ. Immigrants are leaving our state in large amounts. But many legal legit immigrants are leaving. Conservative will say, "great, collateral damage is a necessary evil." To a point, this may be correct, but our economy is suffering because the exit of legal immigrants, and the boycotts. It is sad, but there is a preception that they are going back to their countries of origin, nope, they are going to the other 49 states.

Last edited:
It is you that is perpetually and mentally contaminated by anti-American leftist ideology. . .

Lame, when someone does not agree with you, they are anti-American? The same old Right Wing rhetoric. If you are on the right and you critize the gov't, you are a patriot. If you are on the left and support it, you are a communist. I guess the only issues that are america are those that are supported by the right? Wow. Seriously, is this you can muster?

Last edited:

Oh puullleeeeze.
Crap oozes from everyone's pores on all ends of the spectrum once they encroach on the 'extreme' ends of belief and ideology. So don't point fingers at some right-wingers when, in order to fly, you have to have 2 wings: left and right.

Can that actually happen?

Somehow I doubt it.

And even if it could happen it would presumably require the agreement of every other State in the Union, a goodly number of them actually agree with AZ reinforcement of an existing law.

More to the point, can the Federal Government be sued for refusing to back up a law it had originally enacted?

I like the points you are making, but I have to wonder when the other states are going to follow. Because without support by the other states with similar laws or without federal enforcement, the illegals are leaving AZ and going to other states instead of going home. Yeah, the States may be waiting the outcome of the court battles, but I tend to think they are also afraid of being boycotted. I like the statement about suing the US gov't for failing to perform their duties set out by the US Constititution. Can we sue them for failing to secure the border, allowing the banking industry to cripple our nation, failing to act quickly after a disaster, e.g. hurricane and oil spill, etc.?

Last edited:
Oh puullleeeeze.
Crap oozes from everyone's pores on all ends of the spectrum once they encroach on the 'extreme' ends of belief and ideology. So don't point fingers at some right-wingers when, in order to fly, you have to have 2 wings: left and right.

Very true, and until the wing fly together, this great bird will continue on downward spiral. I need to rember this when I get pissed at the right. Thanks

Very true, and until the wing fly together, this great bird will continue on downward spiral. I need to rember this when I get pissed at the right. Thanks

Just don't forget that it puts the pilot dead center :)

FOXNews.com - Arizona Governor Vows to Fight Any Federal Lawsuit Over Immigration Law

What's next? Is he going to sue Texas over its gun laws? Is it going to sue Mississippi because it builds Toyotas without a union in place? Perhaps Montana for not legalizing medicinal marijuana?

Arizona is quite simply deciding to enforce a law that was already in place, nothing more. And the overwhelming majority of Americans agree - upwards of 75 percent, in fact - despite the media's attempts to portray the nation as disgusted with Arizona.
Let him bring it on, then these states can hand his ass to him.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Governor Vows to Fight Any Federal Lawsuit Over Immigration LawArizona is quite simply deciding to enforce a law that was already in place, nothing more. And the overwhelming majority of Americans agree - upwards of 75 percent, in fact - despite the media's attempts to portray the nation as disgusted with Arizona.

No AZ created their own law. Had they wanted to enforce the law in place, they would have to have LE officers certified to deal with illegal immigrants.

Your percentages are lame. It is more like 75% of the conservatives agree. No one has yet to produce an unbiased poll that does not ask unbiased questions to give unbiased answers. Show me where the poll was conducted, show me the exact questions, and show me who they asked. Even the 75% poll that demonstrated AZ supported the law is crap. The so called 75% was obtained for the number of AZ's that had previously voted for laws not allowing illegals to get schooling, work, etc. It was not this law. I wish they'd have put this law on the ballot. Had they done it, it would not have turned out to be a PR nightmare.

Quit blaming the Media for this issue and making AZ look bad. We in AZ don't need your help to say it was the media's fault. The law was made by the Az legislature, signed by an AZ governor, and sponsored by a bigot, Russel Pearse, not CBS, et al. Conservatives always preach that one is supposed to accept responsibility for what they have done, unless it involves something that a conservative did.

Besides after the US gov't sues AZ. AZ can sue them for not doing their job, going back to many different presidents, for many decades.

The Arizona law practically parallels Federal Law. If that is, the case...... Does this mean that Obama is going to challenge Federal law? This is simply payback time on part of the admin. The law only applies to those who oppose them and never to them!

Gov. Brewer needs to relax. Secretary Clinton wasn't speaking for the Justice Dept. Instead, she was brown-nosing on behalf of President Obama.

Probably to avoid having to give a blow job to Obama?

Possibly because our Fathers and Grandfathers, Brother & Nephews, Aunts & Uncles fought wars to enable us to have that freedom of speech. We use such when WE see in our view that THIS President does not have the interests of THIS Nation as his primary concern, because we see him apologizing to all other leaders and terrorists.

Freedom of speech.

He, the President has a responsibility to the electorate of this Nation, thus he is fully responsible for the action or indeed inactions of those whom he appoints.

Now if only the Electorate could compel a President to live up to the Constitution he swore on some holy book to uphold, we might all be happy!

Meanwhile although I do not count myself as being a blindly ultra right wing person I shall continue to point out what I personally consider to be this presidents errors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom