• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Freeway Shootings Rise to at Least 11, Police Say

coyotedelmar

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Authorities now say they are investigating at least 11 separate shooting incidents along Arizona's heavily traveled Interstate 10, after they confirmed a bullet hole found in the side of a truck today.

Police had previously announced 12 confirmed cases, which ABC News had reported, but later said that one was not confirmed.

The Arizona Department of Safety said that around 9:40 a.m. today, a hole was reported in the side of a commercial truck-tractor pulling a semi-trailer. Detectives determined that the hole was caused by a bullet strike but they were not able to determine when or where the vehicle was when it was struck.

Arizona Freeway Shootings Rise to at Least 11, Police Say - ABC News

Been the big news here, and starting to get more national attention now so decided would throw a post up. The article gets into it later on, but so far only one person has been injured (felt needed to state that ASAP since anything with shooting in the title creates the thought of people being killed/injured). Amazing it has only been one person injured so far. I'm far from an expert, ergo feel free to correct me, but I'd assume that even if they are only aiming at doors/side panels, it's amazing there hasn't been more injuries yet (plus, some have hit windows, though not sure if that was the intent or misses).

Wonder what the motive is, if there is any motive at all.

I hope the conservatives responsible for this are caught!

Damn, scary! :sigh:

Indeed, some schools are ordering busses to avoid freeways right now to be cautious. ATF, FBI, and Phoenix PD are working with DPS (oddly, DPS is leading despite all those agencies with some involvement), including providing equipment used in downtown during Super Bowl week.
Valley school districts rerouting buses to avoid freeways - CBS 5 - KPHO
Freeway shootings: Your concerns. CBS 5 answers. - CBS 5 - KPHO
(the non-school stuff was within the first 5 minutes of the video).

Still don't get the point of doing it, terrorism one would figure would be trying to injure, maybe it is just one of those things you have to be crazy to understand the reasoning behind it *shrugs*

I hope the conservatives responsible for this are caught!

what, rumor in AZ it was Libertarians. :mrgreen:

You at least got part of the statement correctt. I hope the ones "responsible for this are caught"

"Authorities in Arizona said today that they were questioning one person in connection with a spate of shootings that targeted the heavily-traveled Interstate 10 freeway near Phoenix, leaving commuters terrified for weeks.According to ABC News affiliate ABC15.com, officers with the state's Department of Public Safety surrounded a white Chevy Tahoe at a Chevron gas station about 2.4 miles from I-10. ABC15.com said a woman was driving the vehicle and a male was riding in the passenger seat. Both individuals were taken into custody.
The Department of Public Safety said the duo were a mother and son. Authorities said while the mother had been released, the son was still being questioned. It was not clear how old he is."
Arizona Freeway Shootings: 1 Person Being Questioned, Police Say - ABC News

Back
Top Bottom