• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona Files Legal Brief Hitting Back at Federal Ruling Against State's Immigration

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer's lawyers on Thursday filed the first brief in their appeal of a ruling that put the most controversial elements of Arizona's new immigration law on hold.

The governor says the federal ruling blocking portions of Arizona's controversial immigration law "has caused irreparable harm" to the state's residents.

Brewer wants the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco to reverse the ruling U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton made last month.

The governor's office says Bolton abused her discretion by applying the wrong legal standards and basing her ruling on the federal government's speculation that it would be harmed by Arizona's law. Brewer says the judge ignored key provisions of federal law that allow states to enforce immigration law.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Files Legal Brief Hitting Back at Federal Ruling Against State's Immigration Law

GO AZ GO AZ GO!

Re: Arizona Files Legal Brief Hitting Back at Federal Ruling Against State's Immigrat

I hope Arizona is successful. But seeing how this is left circuit court, I think Arizona is going to have to take this all the way to the SC.

Re: Arizona Files Legal Brief Hitting Back at Federal Ruling Against State's Immigrat

No opinion on the legal merits? Don't really care about right or wrong...it's just left and right for the sheep.

I'm sure Media Matters will post soon so you'll know what to think and how to feel on the issue, we understand that you need that before you post anything remotely on topic.

I think MOST posters realize I'm CHEERING ON AZ actions here, because I agree with them. Is that... not obvious to you? Do I need to write a 2000 word dissertation on why I posted this and what I think about the issue?

Wait, I know! I'm race-bating with this, I'm secretly pushing to make people hate Mexicans! I'm Islam-Baiting Obama too!

:roll:

I'm sure Media Matters will post soon so you'll know what to think and how to feel on the issue, we understand that you need that before you post anything remotely on topic.

I think MOST posters realize I'm CHEERING ON AZ actions here, because I agree with them. Is that... not obvious to you? Do I need to write a 2000 word dissertation on why I posted this and what I think about the issue?

Wait, I know! I'm race-bating with this, I'm secretly pushing to make people hate Mexicans! I'm Islam-Baiting Obama too!

*GASP* Our secret is out!

:D

No opinion on the legal merits? Don't really care about right or wrong...it's just left and right for the sheep.

What difference does it make to you? It's not like you're competent to discuss them.

If you think you are, perhaps you could give me your assessment of Plyler v. Doe.

The court injunction had no legal merits.

It seems that the entire legal argument is that the officer is required to demand proof of lawful residence for those stopped for other matters who appear to be in the country (and hence the state) illegally.

The simplest solution to that is to check the residency status of ALL persons lawfully stopped by law enforcement. Since the possession of a legitimate drivers license or state issued ID is sufficient proof, almost no real citizens will be unnecessarily detained.

But it certainly removes all arguments that the cops will be "profiling" the Invaders or targeting hispanic descended real Americans, won't it?

Back
Top Bottom