• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Arizona: Election rigged where it wasn't needed?

gavinfielder

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Something Is Going Seriously Wrong at Arizona Polls Today]Page not found - U.S. Uncut

I doubt any intentional sabotage couldn't produce as wide a discrepancy as the primary outcome; I think Hillary would have won Arizona regardless.

Nobody knew that two days ago, though--as far as anyone knew, it was still contested. Both campaigns knew Arizona was the only state still in question yesterday. It's also well-known that every state Bernie has won, he won it through high turnout and every state Clinton won, she won it through low turnout. I have to wonder who had a hand in the Arizona problems and how much.

Last edited:
I believe Maricopa county receives state funding to setup polling stations. I believe that the GOP controlled legislature cut back funding for the polling. I'm not sure if Purcell, the county recorder is totally to blame for the lack of polling stations, she admitted they did not anticipate the level of stations needed.

Oh, it was unquestionably rigged. There's a petition that has soared in rate-of-new-signatures (roughly 3,000 to 8,000 new signatures per hour) demanding the White House to investigate. I predict it will have reached the needed 100K signatures by 10 to 10:30 PM and we'll be seeing a DOJ invesigation within the week. Hillary's toast. If this goes the way I and many others are predicting, this is the end of Clinton's pseudo-legitimacy.
The Revolution Is Now

Rigged to what end?

Independents cannot vote in the Primaries in AZ. So republicans vote for republican candidate and dems vote for a dem candidate.

Rigged to what end?

Independents cannot vote in the Primaries in AZ. So republicans vote for republican candidate and dems vote for a dem candidate.
Which provides plenty of incentive for those registrations to suddenly change. There's a lot of reports of that having happened yesterday.

With all due respect, Arizona has closed presidential primaries but open state primaries so a lot of people (especially on the Democrat side) switch things up from year to year and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising if they forgot. On top of there has been a HUGE campaign to get people to use mail in ballots. If you were mailed a ballot you can't vote at the polls. If you trashed your ballot that's on you. Finally, it takes less than a minute to check your polling location on the Secretary of State website and with all the redistricting that's we've dealt with the last couple of years you're nuts not to check before you head out to vote.

Historically, primaries in AZ draw less than 30% voter turnout. This election both parties saw close to 50% turnout. That was unprecedented.

With all due respect, Arizona has closed presidential primaries but open state primaries so a lot of people (especially on the Democrat side) switch things up from year to year and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising if they forgot. On top of there has been a HUGE campaign to get people to use mail in ballots. If you were mailed a ballot you can't vote at the polls. If you trashed your ballot that's on you. Finally, it takes less than a minute to check your polling location on the Secretary of State website and with all the redistricting that's we've dealt with the last couple of years you're nuts not to check before you head out to vote.

Historically, primaries in AZ draw less than 30% voter turnout. This election both parties saw close to 50% turnout. That was unprecedented.

Correct.

Also independent voters is the largest block at almost 35%. Part of the problem was independents made up some of the people waiting in line to vote , just to find out they really can't.
Maybe it should have been clearer to the person, but I also believe a person has a responsibility to educate themselves on the election laws of the State.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...zona-voter-registration-independents/6526385/

Oh, it was unquestionably rigged. There's a petition that has soared in rate-of-new-signatures (roughly 3,000 to 8,000 new signatures per hour) demanding the White House to investigate. I predict it will have reached the needed 100K signatures by 10 to 10:30 PM and we'll be seeing a DOJ invesigation within the week. Hillary's toast. If this goes the way I and many others are predicting, this is the end of Clinton's pseudo-legitimacy.
The Revolution Is Now

You sure that's a good idea? Like the white house would really investigate and admit voter fraud perpetrated by liberals?

Maybe when Trump is in office..

Trump certainly had a big win in Arizona. I still haven't figured that one out yet. On one hand the people of Arizona send two senators Flake and McCain to Washington, both who were part of the gang of eight amnesty bill that almost passed into law that did little to secure the borders. They are also a state that has such a porous border that allows so many illegals into this country from God knows where. Then the same Republicans turn around and support Trump over his illegal immigration stance. Why didn't the good people of Arizona select senators that would put the state first in seeing the border secure versus sending two to Washington who are in the pockets of the Chamber of Commerce to insure cheap labor at the cost of security. Go figure......

Trump certainly had a big win in Arizona. I still haven't figured that one out yet. On one hand the people of Arizona send two senators Flake and McCain to Washington, both who were part of the gang of eight amnesty bill that almost passed into law that did little to secure the borders. They are also a state that has such a porous border that allows so many illegals into this country from God knows where. Then the same Republicans turn around and support Trump over his illegal immigration stance. Why didn't the good people of Arizona select senators that would put the state first in seeing the border secure versus sending two to Washington who are in the pockets of the Chamber of Commerce to insure cheap labor at the cost of security. Go figure......

Your post pretty much exactly explains it..

Sick of all talk no action politicians..

They want a WALL.

Your post pretty much exactly explains it..

Sick of all talk no action politicians..

They want a WALL.

But they elected senators like McCain multiple times, that want amnesty and cheap labor for corporations. There seems to be a conflict of interest.

A whole lot of the voters out here are making their decisions based on name recognition. Trump is drawing people who never or rarely vote as well as a large percentage of those who just want anybody but establishment. Frankly, I've been surprised at the number of generally smart, conservative salt of the earth people I know who voted for Trump.

But they elected senators like McCain multiple times, that want amnesty and cheap labor for corporations. There seems to be a conflict of interest.

John McCain’s Campaign Promises
John McCain's Campaign Promises | CPS News

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
Secure borders, deport criminals, prosecute those who hire illegal aliens
“I will work with others and we will secure our borders and then we will round up the 2 million people who have committed crimes here illegally and get them out of this country. We will have a temporary worker program with biometric, tamper-proof documents. And anybody who hires someone without those tamper-proof documents will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”—1/26/08, Fort Myers, Fla.

Control illegal immigration, create new temporary-worker program
“[In a McCain administration], illegal immigration has been finally brought under control and the American people accepted the practical necessity to institute a temporary-worker program and deal humanely with the millions of immigrants who have been in this country illegally.”—5/15/08, Columbus, Ohio

Expand the Criminal Alien Program
“As president, I will expand the Criminal Alien Program. We will require that the federal government assume more of the costs to deport and detain criminal aliens because this is a problem of the federal government’s own making.”—7/1/08, Indianapolis

Did he do what he said?
Did it work and do what they wanted it to accomplish?
Has it gotten any better?
Was there any tougher immigration option to vote for at the time?
Could they want to be tougher on immigration now than they did then?
Could they have changed their minds about what they want realizing that the other plan wasn't working to benefit them?

Rigged to what end?

Greetings, mike2810. :2wave:

It's the same way in Ohio. I asked what ballot Independents were getting, and they said none, since they cannot vote in the Primaries. I'm not sure how they know which ballot to send for the early voting people on a year like this where each party had a different ballot because of a possible GOP brokered convention, but maybe they have to declare a party when they ask for an early ballot? I don't know. My neighbor is a Dem, and we are both "voting day" voters, but my GOP ballot had twice as many questions on it than hers did because this year I also had to choose who got the delegates, since late last year our legislature voted to change Ohio into a "winner-take-all" State.. Weird....

any state that can't manage to get voters in and out within the hour should have to surrender control of election planning to the feds for at least one cycle. my guess is that this would be pretty good motivation.

Rigged to what end?

That's not correct.

Yes. Arizona has an open primary law that allows any voter who is registered as independent to cast a ballot for one of the officially recognized political parties. The Primary Election is not the same as a Presidential Preference Election, while an independent voter may cast a ballot in a Primary Election, only voters who are registered with a recognized party may cast a ballot at the Presidential Preference Election.
2016 Election Information | Arizona Secretary of State

As for changing party registration you have to do so at least 29 days before the election.

You sure that's a good idea? Like the white house would really investigate and admit voter fraud perpetrated by liberals?

Maybe when Trump is in office..

The DOJ doesn't care who is liberal or who is conservative. To them, a criminal is a criminal. At this point, everything is so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised to see Lynch get Lynched along with Hillary.

Greetings, mike2810. :2wave:

It's the same way in Ohio. I asked what ballot Independents were getting, and they said none, since they cannot vote in the Primaries. I'm not sure how they know which ballot to send for the early voting people on a year like this where each party had a different ballot because of a possible GOP brokered convention, but maybe they have to declare a party when they ask for an early ballot? I don't know. My neighbor is a Dem, and we are both "voting day" voters, but my GOP ballot had twice as many questions on it than hers did because this year I also had to choose who got the delegates, since late last year our legislature voted to change Ohio into a "winner-take-all" State.. Weird....

As far as I know , Independents do not get an early ballot for the Primary elections. They can for the main elelection
AZ recognizes, Republican, Democrat and Green Party.

Az is a winner take all State.

That's not correct.

Yes. Arizona has an open primary law that allows any voter who is registered as independent to cast a ballot for one of the officially recognized political parties. The Primary Election is not the same as a Presidential Preference Election, while an independent voter may cast a ballot in a Primary Election, only voters who are registered with a recognized party may cast a ballot at the Presidential Preference Election.

Is the presidential preference election a primary?

As for changing party registration you have to do so at least 29 days before the election.

Can independent voters cast a vote in the presidential preference election?
No, only voters registered with a participating political party may vote in the PPE.

What do you think AZ just had on 3/22/2016. It was the Presidential Preference election.
That is what this thread is about. Sorry I used the wrong word. my bad.
My point stands the election that just happened 3/22, Independents could not vote.

Can independent voters cast a vote in the presidential preference election?
No, only voters registered with a participating political party may vote in the PPE.

What do you think AZ just had on 3/22/2016. It was the Presidential Preference election.
That is what this thread is about. Sorry I used the wrong word. my bad.
My point stands the election that just happened 3/22, Independents could not vote.

After reading up on this you are right. THe media has been calling this the Arizona Primary , which it is not. Apparently the Arizona Primary is on August 30th.
Arizona is unusual in that they have two elections like this. My state does not and I am unaware of any others. Add to this the labeling by all the media and no wonder there was confusion.

I think they really need to simplify their election process.. Too many rules, like the IRS..

After reading up on this you are right. THe media has been calling this the Arizona Primary , which it is not. Apparently the Arizona Primary is on August 30th.
Arizona is unusual in that they have two elections like this. My state does not and I am unaware of any others. Add to this the labeling by all the media and no wonder there was confusion.

I get confused between the Preference election and Primary also. AZ is a strange State at times.

A whole lot of the voters out here are making their decisions based on name recognition. Trump is drawing people who never or rarely vote as well as a large percentage of those who just want anybody but establishment. Frankly, I've been surprised at the number of generally smart, conservative salt of the earth people I know who voted for Trump.

I think a lot of that has to do with the media. Trump is a marketer and he has used the media to market himself. If you turn on Fox it is Trump 24/7 starting with Fox and Friends. He calls into that show and many others everyday and they drop everything to hold an infomercial conversation with him. His largest group of supporters tend to be senior citizens who are retired and probably watch a lot more TV than most. And isn't Arizona like Florida full of retirees? There's the early voting factor in Arizona too where a lot of people had already voted for Rubio.. With so many candidates making up the anti-Trump vote, it has made it much easier for Trump to win. He won't have that big advantage going forward. We are starting to see this in the latest Emerson poll out of Wisconsin. Cruz is up over Trump not to mention Cruz's huge victory in Utah where Trump came in 3rd and Kasich a distant 2nd after camping out in Utah all week. More concerning news over Trump came out yesterday showed in a head to head with Clinton he loses by double digits up from previous weeks. At this point, I am hoping Cruz can keep him from reaching enough delegates and it goes to a contested convention and we end up with a candidate that can beat Clinton.

Last edited:
Something Is Going Seriously Wrong at Arizona Polls Today]Page not found - U.S. Uncut

I doubt any intentional sabotage couldn't produce as wide a discrepancy as the primary outcome; I think Hillary would have won Arizona regardless.

Nobody knew that two days ago, though--as far as anyone knew, it was still contested. Both campaigns knew Arizona was the only state still in question yesterday. It's also well-known that every state Bernie has won, he won it through high turnout and every state Clinton won, she won it through low turnout. I have to wonder who had a hand in the Arizona problems and how much.

Well, if they had their voters registration card, this is easily contested.

This belongs in the conspiracy forum.

Back
Top Bottom