• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona abortion protest: Police release tear gas, lawmakers ‘held hostage’ in Senate building

Let's see.......no injuries, no property damage, (Ooops, sorry apparently one widow was broken at the Dept. of Agricuture down the street and they were booed by the protestors), no arrests.

That's some pretty crappy violence.

All the good little F news cultists are snapping to attention.

That is some world class hand wringing from the rightists right there.
Oh I definitely have not seen the kind of violence that some have promised and that’s a good thing.

That was definitely stupid but it’s one instance compared to the multiple instances that occurred during the George Floyd protests. A large part of why Jan. 6 occurred the way it did is because, by that time, violence as protest had been largely normalized. But hey, if Jan 6 is what it took for people to realize that riots are bad, at least something positive came of it.

Courts and legislatures are trying to strip away human rights. The people should be rioting. It's the only rational response.
Where was this concern for stripping away rights during government imposed lockdowns?

That was definitely stupid but it’s one instance compared to the multiple instances that occurred during the George Floyd protests. A large part of why Jan. 6 occurred the way it did is because, by that time, violence as protest had been largely normalized. But hey, if Jan 6 is what it took for people to realize that riots are bad, at least something positive came of it.

LOL.....the "but Johnny made me do it" defense.

This is the weakest of weak sauce.

It’s really interesting that when leftists behave badly the leftists on this forum already have pre-made excuses to justify it.
You have zero credibility on this. Seriously, this makes you look clownish.

The police should of opened fired on the protesters like they did on Ashlee Babbitt
Which protester here was trying to breach a secured and barricaded area where congressmen were being protected by LEO?

Does that make you see how stupid your post is? I can keep going if you don’t yet.

Where was this concern for stripping away rights during government imposed lockdowns?
Lockdowns as a temporary public safety measure are a rational response to a global pandemic. That has absolutely nothing to do with the right to reproductive healthcare.

Lockdowns as a temporary public safety measure are a rational response to a global pandemic. That has absolutely nothing to do with the right to reproductive healthcare.
Lockdowns caused their own harm and people had every right to oppose them.

You have zero credibility on this. Seriously, this makes you look clownish.
Once again. Leftists seem to love gaslighting people. It’s almost as if they believe they’re so right that violence is always justified to reach their political ends

Once again. Leftists seem to love gaslighting people. It’s almost as if they believe they’re so right that violence is always justified to reach their political ends
Keep going. Please.

Talk more about how the left believes in using violence to reach a political end. Throw in a statement or two about how J6 was just a lark by only a few dozen overzealous patriots.

Let me cue up the calliope music while you craft your retort...

Unfortunately, once again, liberals are acting like just what they are. This is them. Always.

Keep going. Please.

Talk more about how the left believes in using violence to reach a political end. Throw in a statement or two about how J6 was just a lark by a only few dozen overzealous patriots.

Let me cue up the calliope music while you craft your retort...
The real name of the song is "Entrance of the Gladiators."

What we really need is more protesters on both sides of an issue carrying arms to protect themselves. The Supreme Court is working toward this in their decisions.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

Did they try and stop the certification of an election?

No? Okay, then you clearly don't know what insurrection means.
Definition of insurrection
  1. The act or an instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government.
  2. A rising up; uprising.
  3. The act of rising against civil authority or governmental restraint; specifically, the armed resistance of a number of persons to the power of the state; incipient or limited rebellion.
Insurrection isn't limited by partisan political rhetoric. Despite a prosecutor who openly espoused inflating charges as part of a shock and awe campaign it took a number of months for partisan political pressure to induce charges of insurrection.

This crap is gonna get out of hand.
Anyone who broke the law should be charged.

See how easy it is to be intellectually honest and not pretend its no big deal like people want to do with Jan 6?

Also in this case, there is no evidence of damage to the building, any weapons, or people being hurt (per the article provided, (hint hint, I am leaving an opening here)). So far this looks pretty meh.

Obviously, if the facts change, my assessment may as well.

Last edited:
I am oky with the exceptions of rape, incest, or mortal danger to the life of the mother.

Define mortal danger. Also, guess how many women are now going to claim they were raped in these red states.

So essentially the story is:

1. Pro-choice protesters were getting loud/'rowdy'.
2. Police decided to use teargas.
3. AZ lawmakers were instructed not to exit the building
4. Fox News decided to declare a "hostage" situation, literally using quotes in their article.

Back
Top Bottom