• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in - Tucson News Now

52-year-old convicted kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell Tuesday.

Castro was being held at the Correction Reception Center in Orient, OH in Pickaway County.

He was sentenced August 1 to life in prison, plus 1,000 years, for kidnapping and sexually assaulting Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus while holding them captive in his Seymour Avenue house for over a decade.

Ohio State Police and the Department of Corrections are investigating the death.

JoEllen Smith from the Department of Corrections released this statement:

Inmate Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell this evening at 9:20 pm at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient. He was housed in protective custody which means he was in a cell by himself and rounds are required every 30 minutes at staggered intervals. Upon finding inmate Castro, prison medical staff began performing life saving measures. Shortly after he was transported to OSUMC where he was pronounced dead at 10:52 pm. A thorough review of this incident is underway and more information can be provided as it becomes available pending the status of the investigation.

Well, that didn't take long.

That's why the death penalty is so pointless. Basically, he escaped his punishment.

2vlwrpf.jpg

It's kind of shameful how the state can't keep people in their custody safe. Not that I'm mourning his death or anything, but still, the state does an absolutely terrible job of keeping inmates safe.

Jailhouse justice. A pedophiles life expectancy in Federal Prison is not very long.

So ironic that he held little girls as prisoners for so many years but didn't have the guts to stick it out in jail himself.

Jailhouse justice. A pedophiles life expectancy in Federal Prison is not very long.

I agree...his life span wouldn't be long, but I would have liked knowing that he would have suffered as much as the young women that he held captive...even if it had only been a couple or so years before his demise. And who knows, he may well have been forced to endure torture for those years that he survived. And we all know that he tortured his victims...so...in the end, as you said...jailhouse justice would have been served.

This made me less Angry ;)

I agree...his life span wouldn't be long, but I would have liked knowing that he would have suffered as much as the young women that he held captive...even if it had only been a couple or so years before his demise. And who knows, he may well have been forced to endure torture for those years that he survived. And we all know that he tortured his victims...so...in the end, as you said...jailhouse justice would have been served.

Agreed. Ironic that jailhouse justice is not considered cruel and unusual, but castrating the bast@rd, putting him in a hole and feeding him through a tube for the next 20 years while he has to live in his his own body waist... is.

c'mon don't be shy everyone knows death is the ultimate punishment and that's what he got!

It's kind of shameful how the state can't keep people in their custody safe. Not that I'm mourning his death or anything, but still, t
he state does an absolutely terrible job of keeping inmates safe.

What happened in this case is a common occurrence.

This guy has escaped punishment for his many crimes because the state didn't do its job.

That's why the death penalty is so pointless. Basically, he escaped his punishment.

I agree, I would love for him to have been tortured much longer, but the news does not sadden me. It actually makes me happy he is gone and good riddance to him. The women will not have to testify against him, and I hope that the rest of their lives are pleasant and enjoyable and wish for only the best for them. I know you can never take that away, but I really hope they find good things from here on out.

It's kind of shameful how the state can't keep people in their custody safe. Not that I'm mourning his death or anything, but still, the state does an absolutely terrible job of keeping inmates safe.

yeah, the fact that rape is acceptably common is rather disgusting

Back
Top Bottom