• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Arguments for God's Existance

FinnMacCool said:
A semi humorist piece written by atheist. I found it funny and so true.

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm

I am not religious therefore I am not atheist nor do I practice a god-believing religion. To clear this up for the idiots, I don't deny God's existence nor do I say God does exists, BUT...

I do find this link funny because many people do believe there is a God without proof which I find to be mostly because of their parents. BUT... atheists are no better because they themselves have no proof that God does not exist.

A test for both Atheists and God Believers:
GIMME A FREAKIN FACT THAT IS TANGIBLE THAT PROVES THAT EITHER SIDE IS RIGHT THEN ARGUE YOUR HEAD OFF FOR HOURS SAYING ITS RIGHT!!!

Take some of the actual "proofs" of God's existance, by Saint Anselm:

Premise One: A being that cannot be thought of as not existing is greater than a being that can be thought of as not existing.

Therfore, if God can be thought of as not existing, than a greader being that cannot be thought of not existing can be thought of.

Premise Two: God is the being that which nothing greater can be thought of.

Conclusion: God cannot be thought of as not existing.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And there is plenty more where that came from, i.e., Saint Anselm.

Duke

This is was funny, I started reading this, until I realised this was far longer than 300.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
-Emo Philips

128shot said:
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
-Emo Philips

Haha, that reminds me of this argument:

ARGUMENT FROM MIRACLES
(1) My aunt had cancer.
(2) The doctors gave her all these horrible treatments.
(3) My aunt prayed to God and now she doesn't have cancer.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

A couple of my favorites:

ARGUMENT FROM FORMATTING
(1) Behold, foolish Atheists, I present you with an incontrovertible proof of the existence of God.
(2) [Christian posts 10,000 word document without a single paragraph break.]
(3) [Atheists' eyes implode.]
(4) I see that nobody can refute (2).
(5) Therefore, God exists.

ARGUMENT FROM POOR TYPING SKILLS
(1) In tihs essae ill demnstrate that gOd exsits in a way tat's so sure thatno athesit can PSOosibly reftue. J will firts dwmonsrtate waht we canaSSUme fo rGod exisnce,,then how wwe can refute anya rgument wihch pretends teh contrrary to eb true,tehn wel'l expose scinetific evidnece thatGod eeexists then we'll cnolcude. yOU will fnid an acurate&up6to6date bibliography no teh page 43 of tihs essay;i Sugegst yu to pritn iths doculent for a mroe confortable raeding.
(2) [Atheist doesn't bother to read it.]
(3) Therefore, God exists.

BUT... atheists are no better because they themselves have no proof that God does not exist.

Technically you have no proof that the world won't come crashing down tomorrow. Yet, you do not consider it. You do not think of it. You live your life, in the hope death will come in a distant future. The effects of Ascetism are as much yours as it are of those dullards hiding under the umbrella of religion.

You are an 'a-worldcomingdowncrashingtomorrowtheist'. :roll:

Mr U

Did you know there is a holiday specifically for atheists?
April 1st.

Sir_Alec said:
I do find this link funny because many people do believe there is a God without proof which I find to be mostly because of their parents. BUT... atheists are no better because they themselves have no proof that God does not exist.

If an atheist needs to present proof of the non-existence of God, then I'd venture to say that purple unicorns, Santa, the Loch Ness, etc, etc, etc, can exist until someone can muster up some observational evidence that says they don't.

kal-el said:
If an atheist needs to present proof of the non-existence of God, then I'd venture to say that purple unicorns, Santa, the Loch Ness, etc, etc, etc, can exist until someone can muster up some observational evidence that says they don't.

you still have no proof God does not exist. You're just as ignorant as someone who "knows" god exists.

kal-el said:
I got your "purple unicorn" heathen... Check out the av... Glad to see you back :2wave:

Sir_Alec said:
you still have no proof God does not exist. You're just as ignorant as someone who "knows" god exists.

Listen here, I don't need any proof to be a skeptic. Whoever assersts that a magical sky fairy exists, has to prove it. Because that is a direct claim about reality, it affects us all. I do not need to present any proof of saying that a God does not exist, however I'm not saying that "a" God is impossible, just the Bible God. If one claims tht they were taken aboard a UFO, would you just believe them, or would you require proof first?

Originally posted by Apostle13
I got your "purple unicorn" heathen... Check out the av... Glad to see you back

Hey thanks man. Haha, nice avatar.:2razz:

I was brought up in an athiestic household. The closest my father ever got to God was Aliens.
Do I believe in God? Definitely. But I also am aware that this is an issue of faith. How do you explain it? Almost as hard as trying to explain love to someone that has never experienced it.
There are no black and white arguments. There are points in the Bible that took centuries for modern science to find out were correct, but, unfortunately, those who were given the task of teaching the words of God failed to properly do so, and thus, to this day have failed in their tasking.
Religion is a deeply personal thing, and believing is the same.
Arguing the point is, at best, futile. Discussing it is one thing. But I won't waste time arguing for the sake of doing so.
The easiest answer is look how complicated the universe is. And everything in it.
I cannot fathom that it is random chance.

Blue Collar Joe said:
The easiest answer is look how complicated the universe is. And everything in it.

Ever heard of natural symmetry?

kal-el said:
Ever heard of natural symmetry?

Yes I have, and I am not a person who is a strong believer in random chance luck. Natural symmetry merely means balance. I fully agree with it. I am not saying that your beliefs, or lack thereof, are wrong, just inherently different than mine.
Actually, reading this forum recently has surprised me. It has made me take a look at some of my core beliefs on certain issues, and forced me to re-evaluate and change the way I felt.
I am by no means a good christian. I have a long way to go to be one, but I am aware of the steps I need to take. Thus, it is very simple to adjust as needed.
But I still cannot accept that there is no higher authority. Thus, we will simply agree to disagree on this.

Naughty Nurse said:
Gosh, a sensible Christian!!

Just a realist. Nor am I going to resort to the consistent tack of some and toss out verses of the Bible to make my point. I will simply say that, as part of my belief, I have had to change my opinion on the Death Penalty, welfare, and NHS.
Thus, I am working to be better at who I should be, so that God smiles on me.

kal-el said:
Hey thanks man. Haha, nice avatar.:2razz:
Actually I think it kinda sucks... Looks nothing like the uni out in the barn... But then she has polka dots.

Apostle13 said:
Did you know there is a holiday specifically for atheists?
April 1st.

Unlike Christianity which has nothing other than stolen pagan celebrations...

Blue Collar Joe said:

Back to the argument from incredulity. Just because you can't understand something, it must be because of God.

I think this is nothing more than extreme arrogance. Falling back on this argument is putting yourself forth as the ultimate arbiter of knowledge. If it is beyond your understanding, it must be wrong.

MrFungus420 said:
Unlike Christianity which has nothing other than stolen pagan celebrations...

Must you wantonly label all those that believe in God in your silly attack? There is an actual holiday that a Christian celebrates. It is the only one that the Bible mentions, in fact.
It will be celebrated on April the 12th. It does change every year, due to the fact that it was originally honored on the Jewish calander. On the modern calender, it changes, due to a difference in the number of days per year.
It is also called Passover.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Must you wantonly label all those that believe in God in your silly attack? There is an actual holiday that a Christian celebrates. It is the only one that the Bible mentions, in fact.
It will be celebrated on April the 12th. It does change every year, due to the fact that it was originally honored on the Jewish calander. On the modern calender, it changes, due to a difference in the number of days per year.
It is also called Passover.

Nothing personal meant on that, it was merely a tit-for-tat response to saying that April Fool's Day is the atheist holiday.

However, to make you happy, how about I amend my original statement to say pagan and Jewish celebrations.

Also, there is no difference in the number of days per year, there are approximately 365.25 days every year.

Apostle13 said:
Actually I think it kinda sucks... Looks nothing like the uni out in the barn... But then she has polka dots.

Yea I was just saying that to be nice, actually it kinda makes you seem like a gayblade.

kal-el said:
Yea I was just saying that to be nice, actually it kinda makes you seem like a gayblade.
:lol: Just makin' a statement based on your own... Now your back we have to listen to the Santa, easter bunny, sky pixie, sky bloke, flying purple unicorn, etc. per proof for God metaphors/analogies... I figure a pic is worth a thousand right so I'm way up on ya..:cool:

Back
Top Bottom