• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Argument For A Revolver

Exactly my point ;) I can't find 10mm ammo here. Every redneck within 1000 miles owns a .357 mag of some sort lol. The ammo is plentiful.

that's true. that is a good point if you are going on extended trips. (which is why my dad always used a 30-06 rather than say stuff like 7mm etc -he noted that even convenience stores in Montana or Wyoming had 30-06 ammo back in the days he hunted elk and moose and mule deer)

but if you are in an area where you can get just about anything, the Glock 10MM is the weapon of choice. Some of my buddies who are into Alaskan or Wyoming big game hunts note how popular that 10mm Glock is with the locals

that's true. that is a good point if you are going on extended trips. (which is why my dad always used a 30-06 rather than say stuff like 7mm etc -he noted that even convenience stores in Montana or Wyoming had 30-06 ammo back in the days he hunted elk and moose and mule deer)

but if you are in an area where you can get just about anything, the Glock 10MM is the weapon of choice. Some of my buddies who are into Alaskan or Wyoming big game hunts note how popular that 10mm Glock is with the locals

Yea price is an issue for me too. I won't be making this purchase any time soon, but I don't reload ammo (no time to learn).

Yea price is an issue for me too. I won't be making this purchase any time soon, but I don't reload ammo (no time to learn).

I have loaded well over 400,000 shells in my lifetime. For some calibers-especially 45 ACP, 38 Special and 38 Short colt (for steel events) I almost never shoot factory. I also (when lead was cheaper) loaded thousands upon thousands of 12 and 20 and 28 and 410 shells

That's for the crappy brass framed ones, though. One over charged shot in one of those, and you'll be out a pistol. With the cheaper ones, some folks have said they see noticeable warping with standard recommended loads. Best to just save up for a steel frame. Waiting to drop an extra $150 will prevent a lot of headaches in the future.

All very true but if you just want to see if you like shooting black powder it's a place to start.

Friends don't let friends buy Glocks :2razz:

why? while I prefer Smith and Wessons (other than changing out the rear sights) Glocks have an enviable reputation for reliability and high first hit probabilities

why? while I prefer Smith and Wessons (other than changing out the rear sights) Glocks have an enviable reputation for reliability and high first hit probabilities

Every Glock I have owned and used, jams/failure like clock work, not accurate handgun, I didn't like the feel of them and I don't like a gun that doesn't have a safety. That's why I stick to revolvers and 1911 frames nowadays.

Every Glock I have owned and used, jams/failure like clock work, not accurate handgun, I didn't like the feel of them and I don't like a gun that doesn't have a safety. That's why I stick to revolvers and 1911 frames nowadays.

fair enough-I have had several that have well over 5000 rounds through them with nary a problem. I prefer the SW MP though

I've never had a problem with my 21 and it's been a straight shooter right out of the case. I carry a 1911 because it's thinner. As far as the safety goes, well, I've discovered that as long as I don't finger **** the trigger because I'm bored it really isn't a problem.

I've never had a problem with my 21 and it's been a straight shooter right out of the case. I carry a 1911 because it's thinner. As far as the safety goes, well, I've discovered that as long as I don't finger **** the trigger because I'm bored it really isn't a problem.

I never have a problem with trigger control but I guess it's my time in the Marine Corps but I just don't like a weapon that doesn't have a safety since I carry condition 1.

fair enough-I have had several that have well over 5000 rounds through them with nary a problem. I prefer the SW MP though

My Para-Ordnance 1911 Commander is at over a 1,000 rounds and with no problems to speak of.

I never have a problem with trigger control but I guess it's my time in the Marine Corps but I just don't like a weapon that doesn't have a safety since I carry condition 1.

While it's just my opinion I don't see a whole lot of difference between a trigger safety and a grip safety. The thumb safety on a 1911 is almost an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom