• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Argument For A Revolver

My youngest has a family of her own now and came to me a few months ago asking about guns (I'm the "gun guy" in the family). So for her birthday I bought her one of these ('cause she asked for a pink one).

pink lady.jpg

It's a .38 special with a pink laser-sight! She loved it as it was very "girly" and easy for her to shoot. Frankly, I thought it was a fun little gun to shoot and have become completely enamored with it!

My youngest has a family of her own now and came to me a few months ago asking about guns (I'm the "gun guy" in the family). So for her birthday I bought her one of these ('cause she asked for a pink one).

View attachment 67152903

It's a .38 special with a pink laser-sight! She loved it as it was very "girly" and easy for her to shoot. Frankly, I thought it was a fun little gun to shoot and have become completely enamored with it!
Did it come with sparkly bullets for the eventual rainbow shrouded dead body that will result? And I know pink is in because we send all our soldiers to war with pink guns because they, and their Barbie Dream Houses, are so very scary.

Did it come with sparkly bullets for the eventual rainbow shrouded dead body that will result? And I know pink is in because we send all our soldiers to war with pink guns because they, and their Barbie Dream Houses, are so very scary.

Manufacturers have discovered that there is a huge and expanding market for women who are now carrying concealed, and they are, in free market fashion, providing them with what they want... and women tend to want things in pretty colors. :shrug:

It still shoots, so who cares.

Manufacturers have discovered that there is a huge and expanding market for women who are now carrying concealed, and they are, in free market fashion, providing them with what they want... and women tend to want things in pretty colors. :shrug:

It still shoots, so who cares.
5036cea13583e.jpg

Scary. Let's play doctor now, you be the patient.

Last edited:

Was there any point to your post, at all?

Seriously.

I've had more than my share of smart-ass post addressed to me in the past but yours is unique in that it seems completely pointless.

It's even too stupid to be funny.

Seriously.

I've had more than my share of smart-ass post addressed to me in the past but yours is unique in that it seems completely pointless.

Let me add to the laughs:

"3-year-old S.C. toddler dead after playing with pink gun he thought was toy: police
The child was fatally shot in the head while playing with 7-year-old sister. The death has been ruled accidental and no charges have been filed against parents."

Read more: 3-year-old S.C. toddler dead after playing with pink gun he thought was toy: police - NY Daily News
3-Year-Old-Shot-With-Pink-Gun.jpg

Fun times

Let me add to the laughs:

"3-year-old S.C. toddler dead after playing with pink gun he thought was toy: police
The child was fatally shot in the head while playing with 7-year-old sister. The death has been ruled accidental and no charges have been filed against parents."

Fun times

So now you're desperately trying to find a reason.

gun cloud.jpg

Epic Fail!

Seriously.

Consider the delivery and the source and ignore.

Not a darn thing wrong with revolvers. If it spit lead it will do you fine...assuming you are accurate with it. I am personally still looking at a lightweight .357 for hiking and charming snakes and bigger animals that may become a potential hazard. My 9mm won't really be efficient for that.

If you're going to shoot 357, lightweight isn't the way to go unless your wrist is made of hammer-forged steel. Also, if your nine won't handle a bigger animal, you might want to go with 44 mag. 357 mag and 9mm output the same pressure (35,000 psi), and the 357 mag is only .1 mm larger than the 9mm. A Ruger Redhawk might be worth looking into. You can even get 44 cal shot shells for snakes and rodents.

Last edited:
For playing with a toy? That's sure what it looks like eh? All it needs is the Barbie stickers and matching purse.

But the parents knew it was not a toy. And should have treated it as such.
Yes, they should be jailed.

If you're going to shoot 357, lightweight isn't the way to go unless your wrist is made of hammer-forged steel. Also, if your nine won't handle a bigger animal, you might want to go with 44 mag. 357 mag and 9mm output the same pressure (35,000 psi), and the 357 mag is only .1 mm larger than the 9mm. A Ruger Redhawk might be worth looking into. You can even get 44 cal shot shells for snakes and rodents.

Lol. Well. The first handgun I ever shot was a .357. I've never been afraid if recoil and if you make the first shot count...who cares about recoil lol. But. It isn't about PSI. It is about FP of energy. The 9mm is 400 max and the .357 is at 800 max. Plus you can use .38 +p, and of course my favorite for snake charming...ratshot.

For playing with a toy? That's sure what it looks like eh? All it needs is the Barbie stickers and matching purse.

The parents should be jailed for being stupid enough to leave a loaded handgun in reach of a 3 year old.

It doesn't matter what color it is. Are you saying girls don't buy guns?

Not a darn thing wrong with revolvers. If it spit lead it will do you fine...assuming you are accurate with it. I am personally still looking at a lightweight .357 for hiking and charming snakes and bigger animals that may become a potential hazard. My 9mm won't really be efficient for that.

do you know what is the single best choice for hiking and dealing with potential two legged and four legged threats?

No its not one of those 5 shot huge SW cannons. Or a 44 automag etc

the baddest and most lethal handgun you can get that is easy to carry, easy to shoot and reliable is a GLOCK 20

15 shots of hot 10MM is one NASTY weapon that is pure hell on just about anything you can run into in NA. and 15 shots of hot 10MM is going to be far more effective than 5 shots of those wrist busting 460 rounds out of a 5 pound Smith and Wesson revolver.

do you know what is the single best choice for hiking and dealing with potential two legged and four legged threats?

No its not one of those 5 shot huge SW cannons. Or a 44 automag etc

the baddest and most lethal handgun you can get that is easy to carry, easy to shoot and reliable is a GLOCK 20

15 shots of hot 10MM is one NASTY weapon that is pure hell on just about anything you can run into in NA. and 15 shots of hot 10MM is going to be far more effective than 5 shots of those wrist busting 460 rounds out of a 5 pound Smith and Wesson revolver.

I'd rather have a full 5 chambers than an empty 15 round magazine lol. I've literally seen 1 box of 10mm in all my ammo trips. Everyone carries .38s and .357 lol. Especially in max loadings. Plus I have a Security Six on "permanent loan" from my father lol (he doesn't ever shoot handguns and so he let me "keep it" till he wants it back).

I'd rather have a full 5 chambers than an empty 15 round magazine lol. I've literally seen 1 box of 10mm in all my ammo trips. Everyone carries .38s and .357 lol. Especially in max loadings. Plus I have a Security Six on "permanent loan" from my father lol (he doesn't ever shoot handguns and so he let me "keep it" till he wants it back).

I don't plan on going someplace with pistol and not having ammo for it

I don't plan on going someplace with pistol and not having ammo for it

Exactly my point ;) I can't find 10mm ammo here. Every redneck within 1000 miles owns a .357 mag of some sort lol. The ammo is plentiful.

Back
Top Bottom