• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you voting ABT (anybody but trump) or do you favor Biden's policies(?)

Why are you voting for Biden/Harris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

Or, are you just a "I hate Trumper"?

ETA: Just Biden voters please.

Last edited:
I have not seen anything worth voting for in either party.

Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

A "both" option would be nice.

IMO, that team will be more competent, effective and do a better job running the country by far than Trump. Seems pretty simple, and very appealing to me.

It's also my view that (almost) anyone running on the Democratic side this year would pass that low bar test, but it doesn't change the fact that I'll vote for the team that I believe will do a better job than Trump has done, and it's not close. I don't personally believe in what I'd refer to as 'purity' tests, in which I must agree entirely with a candidate or have supported that candidate in the primary, and know he or she agrees with me on every large issue or I'll not vote. One could frame the question - who will do a better job than the other? Or possibly - which candidate is the least bad? Same question at the core IMO, with the same answer, in this and all other elections. Biden wasn't my first choice. So sad for me. So I will pick among the remaining choices.... Not hard.

I have not seen anything worth voting for in either party.
I felt that way in 2016 but held my nose at voted for Trump. I knew he was a dick, but at least he understood how the economy worked at the ground floor level while Hilary wanted the village to run it.

IMO, that team will be more competent, effective and do a better job running the country by far than Trump. Seems pretty simple, and very appealing to me.

It's also my view that (almost) anyone running on the Democratic side this year would pass that low bar test, but it doesn't change the fact that I'll vote for the team that I believe will do a better job than Trump has done, and it's not close. I don't personally believe in what I'd refer to as 'purity' tests, in which I must agree entirely with a candidate or have supported that candidate in the primary, and know he or she agrees with me on every large issue or I'll not vote. One could frame the question - who will do a better job than the other? Or possibly - which candidate is the least bad? Same question at the core IMO, with the same answer, in this and all other elections. Biden wasn't my first choice. So sad for me. So I will pick among the remaining choices.... Not hard.
And what specifically do you Sleep Joe and Sleep-with Kamala will do better?

The right wing has no problem with Trump. Why should the left have a problem with Biden/Harris?

That would make the poll meaningless. Choose your prime answer.

Okay. That's less accurate, but no less easy.

I want to see your MAGA yanked out of your hands and dropped down a sanitary sewer, just because you want it.

Okay. That's less accurate, but no less easy.

I want to see your MAGA yanked out of your hands and dropped down a sanitary sewer, just because you want it.
Real American of you, big guy.

There are many elements of the policy agenda that I prefer with Biden, but I never really felt at home with the Democratic Party, including with its foreign policy and green energy agendas. After Jeb got the boot, I really felt out of place with the Republican Party. So, yeah, anybody but Trump.

Get rid of trump at all costs. Neither biden or harris thrills me but have no doubt they will get my vote rather than this demon seed the gop is running.

Not a surprising response. I'll put you down as a "I hate Trump, just because". :lamo

82 more days of trump's lies, chaos, racist hatred and misogynistic sleaze.
Republicans for trump.

I felt that way in 2016 but held my nose at voted for Trump. I knew he was a dick, but at least he understood how the economy worked at the ground floor level while Hilary wanted the village to run it.

We dems so don't know how to run an economy we took the disaster W left america and turned it around in four years giving obama another four years and then he handed trump an economy that was doing just fine. However, the R's will never admit such a thing.

Trump wishes he could be twenty five percent of the president obama was.

QOP?

The astronomy QOP or the **** you QOP?

QAnon + GOP --> QOP -- (should have Googled it first with the other meanings :mrgreen:)
No free air TV air time for Deutsche Donald and his trumpQins.
Wear masks --> Save lives

Last edited:
I still may hold my nose and vote for Harris (but **** Joe Biden) since my mom likes her and I want her nerves to be at ease as she gets older, I really can see Trump has worn on her a bit, and she's pretty progressive and will hold Biden accountable (I sincerely hope), she might be a bit too left but that's fine - overton window and all.

I don't think anyone really likes Biden, and Harris is tolerable. I guess it could always be worse, we could've had a Bloomberg/Clinton ticket or Biden could've chosen Susan Rice or Val Demings (the latter of which was a literal cop at one point). It really says a lot about how out of touch Biden is that those two were even considered however.

Dems have a loooooong way to go before they get their **** together however, and there's still a chance Trump will win. If you want to see Trump removed, I recommend voting for Biden/Harris, but I entirely get it if people are still conflicted between that and voting third-party.

Here is the deal. Every vote for someone not named Joe Biden is essentially a vote for Donald Trump because Biden needs every single vote he can get. Elections do not work in a "this candidate against everyone else" format. If all you care about is making sure Donald Trump loses his job, you need to vote for the only person who can defeat him on November 3. Four years ago we saw what happens when people either do not vote for President at all or wrote in names on their ballots, knowing only two people had a chance. If everyone who already hated Trump had voted for Hillary Clinton, she would have won the Electoral College. That is why Biden, not Bernie Sanders, is the man who will officially be nominated at the DNC in Milwaukee: he can actually defeat Trump.

In normal presidential election years, we could debate the importance of many ideas, positions on political issues, and public office resumes. Not this time. We are talking about an impeached President who lost the popular vote and is cheating for the second time (with Russia again) illegally to win. If Trump wins and the Senate flips, we will see him get impeached again . . . AND convicted.

I was a ABC&T voter in 2016, anybody but Clinton and Trump. I didn't care who the third name on the ballot was, that third name got my vote. This year, I'm just plain sick and tired of the childish antics, the name calling, the throwing of temper tantrums, the very unpresidential behavior, the creation of a ton of needless feuds just because someone had a bad thought about him, the schoolyard bullying tactics, and a bunch more.

Policy, stances on issues, achievements and failures have become to mean nothing to me anymore, I just want an adult in the White House instead of a 74 year old man-child who acts and behaves like a 4 year old spoiled brat. So Biden it is.

Not a surprising response. I'll put you down as a "I hate Trump, just because".

Call it whatever makes you sleep better tonight. I don't really care.

Just today, Trump is openly calling for withholding the funds from the USPS that will prevent them from timely delivering mail in ballots that will be legally cast in the vast majority of states. He's openly trying to interfere with our votes. It's an attack on voting, and an attack on a legitimate election, all because he believes mail in ballots will advantage Biden.

Biden won't do that. Advantage Biden.

Where's the option for "I'm voting for anybody but a Democrat, even though I don't like Trump?"

Back
Top Bottom