• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you voting ABT (anybody but trump) or do you favor Biden's policies(?)

Why are you voting for Biden/Harris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

Or, are you just a "I hate Trumper"?

ETA: Just Biden voters please.

The virus is the main issue. Biden stated very simply way back in January what needed to be done and why Trump would fail.

“My policies will always uphold science, not fiction.” At the same time Biden also told us why Trump would fail. “Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.”

Truer words were never spoken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The virus is the main issue. Biden stated very simply way back in January what needed to be done and why Trump would fail.
He did? Back in January he called Trump xenophobic and racist for curtailing travel from China.
George50 said:
“My policies will always uphold science, not fiction.” At the same time Biden also told us why Trump would fail. “Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.”
Except Trump is giving all 50 governors daily updates and recommendations. And yet Fauci has said they've done everything possible. Is Biden accepting that science?
George50 said:
Truer words were never spoken.
nonsense.

It's called reality. You should visit sometime. Read the Constitution first, however.

Not reality in then slightest, and you've been proven wrong on this subject several times.

Your party sucks when it comes to the economy. Even Trump acknowledged this in the days before he had to pretend so he could pander to idiots.

He did? Back in January he called Trump xenophobic and racist for curtailing travel from China.
Except Trump is giving all 50 governors daily updates and recommendations. And yet Fauci has said they've done everything possible. Is Biden accepting that science?
nonsense.

Biden called Trump xenophobic because Trump called it the “Chinese virus.”

Fauci said that they were doing everything possible “right now” way back in March. That has not always been true, it was only true right then. Fauci has mostly been quite unhappy with our response.

We are doing very poorly compared to other countries.

US: 2qtr GDP = -32.9%, unemployment rate = 10.2% deaths per million to date = 514, deaths yesterday = 1,284

Germany: 2qtr GDP = -10.1%, unemployment rate = 4.2%, deaths per million to date = 111, deaths yesterday = 5

South Korea: 2qtr GDP = -3.3%, unemployment rate = 4.3%, deaths per million = 6, deaths yesterday = 0

Both Germany and South Korea also had smaller GDP drops in the 1st quarter than the US.

The bottom line is that we have done far worse both health wise AND economically than countries lead by leaders who follow the science rather than deny it.

The main things that Germany and South Korea and Germany did that we did not is to encourage social distancing, mask wearing, as well as testing, quarantine and contact tracing early on. They also had lockdowns that were no stricter than ours but waited to reopen until they could manage new outbreaks. Unfortunately for us Trump was an impediment instead of an enabler on all of these fronts.

From the very beginning Trump has worked against the scientists. Whether it be on the wearing of masks, his reluctance to use the powers he alone has to take measures to expand testing capabilities in order to facilitate contact tracing, his general denial of the severity of the virus, or his encouraging states to reopen quickly without regard to the guidelines developed by his own administration.

He has also worked against the governors. While they were trying to get their constituents to wear masks, Trump was disparaging people that wear masks, saying that they were being politically correct and that they were wearing them to show their disapproval of him. When governors were pleading for more testing capabilities instead of using his power to mobilize industry Trump was dragging his feet. When governors were trying to follow the reopening guidelines, he was yelling LIBERATE, LIBERATE.

Trump repeatedly downplayed the severity of the pandemic instead of making people aware of the danger and encouraging social distancing. He has also tried to hide the scientists who don’t downplay the severity of the virus from public view. Trump could have ramped up testing quickly through a public/private partnership. He was warned that such a partnership was needed in January, but did not act until mid March after states were pleading for more testing and the political pressure was so great he was forced to do something. Unfortunately he has long been known to dislike testing because he thinks it makes him look bad and doesn’t seem to understand that it is one of the keys to reducing the number of cases.

Perhaps we could not have done as well as South Korea in contact tracing due to privacy concerns (something we might want to think about in preparation for the next national emergency), but we could have done as well as Germany who is one of the best. Merkel also has to work with her states to get things done like we do in the US. Even though she does not have direct authority over the states she still worked hard to get a coordinated response. It’s interesting that Trump is willing to send 75,000 federal workers to assist the cities with crime when many don’t want the help but not with testing and contact tracing when they do want help.

The true test of leadership is how one performs in a crisis. Trump has shown himself to be nothing but the spoiled bully he is who was handed his position in life on a silver platter by his father. Unfortunately you can’t bully a virus. When faced with a crisis he has failed miserably resulting in a plunge in popularity. Merkel on the other hand has shown herself to be a true leader. As a result her popularity has soared to more than 70%, more than a 20% jump. It’s a shame Trump couldn’t have done the same.

Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

Or, are you just a "I hate Trumper"?

ETA: Just Biden voters please.

It's not about 'hating' The Donald. It's about what's best for the US. Period.

And that's....no more Donald.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

It's not about 'hating' The Donald. It's about what's best for the US. Period.

And that's....no more Donald.
No, it's definitely hating Trump. I've read enough of your posts to know that. And I think you do too.

Biden called Trump xenophobic because Trump called it the “Chinese virus.”

Fauci said that they were doing everything possible “right now” way back in March. That has not always been true, it was only true right then. Fauci has mostly been quite unhappy with our response.

We are doing very poorly compared to other countries.

US: 2qtr GDP = -32.9%, unemployment rate = 10.2% deaths per million to date = 514, deaths yesterday = 1,284

Germany: 2qtr GDP = -10.1%, unemployment rate = 4.2%, deaths per million to date = 111, deaths yesterday = 5

South Korea: 2qtr GDP = -3.3%, unemployment rate = 4.3%, deaths per million = 6, deaths yesterday = 0

Both Germany and South Korea also had smaller GDP drops in the 1st quarter than the US.

The bottom line is that we have done far worse both health wise AND economically than countries lead by leaders who follow the science rather than deny it.

The main things that Germany and South Korea and Germany did that we did not is to encourage social distancing, mask wearing, as well as testing, quarantine and contact tracing early on. They also had lockdowns that were no stricter than ours but waited to reopen until they could manage new outbreaks. Unfortunately for us Trump was an impediment instead of an enabler on all of these fronts.

From the very beginning Trump has worked against the scientists. Whether it be on the wearing of masks, his reluctance to use the powers he alone has to take measures to expand testing capabilities in order to facilitate contact tracing, his general denial of the severity of the virus, or his encouraging states to reopen quickly without regard to the guidelines developed by his own administration.

He has also worked against the governors. While they were trying to get their constituents to wear masks, Trump was disparaging people that wear masks, saying that they were being politically correct and that they were wearing them to show their disapproval of him. When governors were pleading for more testing capabilities instead of using his power to mobilize industry Trump was dragging his feet. When governors were trying to follow the reopening guidelines, he was yelling LIBERATE, LIBERATE.

Trump repeatedly downplayed the severity of the pandemic instead of making people aware of the danger and encouraging social distancing. He has also tried to hide the scientists who don’t downplay the severity of the virus from public view. Trump could have ramped up testing quickly through a public/private partnership. He was warned that such a partnership was needed in January, but did not act until mid March after states were pleading for more testing and the political pressure was so great he was forced to do something. Unfortunately he has long been known to dislike testing because he thinks it makes him look bad and doesn’t seem to understand that it is one of the keys to reducing the number of cases.

Perhaps we could not have done as well as South Korea in contact tracing due to privacy concerns (something we might want to think about in preparation for the next national emergency), but we could have done as well as Germany who is one of the best. Merkel also has to work with her states to get things done like we do in the US. Even though she does not have direct authority over the states she still worked hard to get a coordinated response. It’s interesting that Trump is willing to send 75,000 federal workers to assist the cities with crime when many don’t want the help but not with testing and contact tracing when they do want help.

The true test of leadership is how one performs in a crisis. Trump has shown himself to be nothing but the spoiled bully he is who was handed his position in life on a silver platter by his father. Unfortunately you can’t bully a virus. When faced with a crisis he has failed miserably resulting in a plunge in popularity. Merkel on the other hand has shown herself to be a true leader. As a result her popularity has soared to more than 70%, more than a 20% jump. It’s a shame Trump couldn’t have done the same.

With all due respect, George, I'm not going to waste my time trying to correct the pigsty of **** you've posted above. Why too many in correct facts, mindless blather and general bull****.

No, it's definitely hating Trump. I've read enough of your posts to know that. And I think you do too.

If that many people just hate trump personally, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of trump.

If that many people just hate trump personally, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of trump.
Not a ringing endorsement of the mental capacities of the Trump haters.

Not a ringing endorsement of the mental capacities of the Trump haters.

Okay, sounds like you've got the hating bug yourself.

Oh, I dont hate him but I think he's a total and complete lowbrow narcisistic moron.

But no matter, I still see clearly how much damage and division he's done to this country. I dont have the blinders of his followers to keep me from that. And I was willing, in the beginning to see what he could do. I did want him to fix health care as promised, for instance. Um...nada.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

With all due respect, George, I'm not going to waste my time trying to correct the pigsty of **** you've posted above. Why too many in correct facts, mindless blather and general bull****.

Translation: I got nothing.

Nope, I don't hate,

giphy.gif

Of course you aren’t going to try because you know you can’t refute any of it. You are just in denial and run and hide when confronted with the facts.

Of course you aren’t going to try because you know you can’t refute any of it. You are just in denial and run and hide when confronted with the facts.

Having seen any facts just "biden-truths". :lamo

Having seen any facts just "biden-truths". :lamo

As I said you don’t even make an attempt to debate the facts because you know you can’t refute any of the facts I referenced in my earlier post. You are just proving me right with your post above.

Agreed, Yes, there are a few things about Biden that I either like or "am satisfied with" but he was never my first choice.
He's okay, but we need someone stronger and more capable of bringing more people together.
My ideal choice would have been Sherrod Brown.
I really liked Bernie but had Bernie fizzled out earlier and had Brown entered the race I would have switched.

So, for me, it's both "get rid of Trump by any means necessary" AND a little bit of Biden at the same time.
He's okay, not ideal but definitely a step up from Trump, a moldy piece of cheese is a step up from Trump.

He was not my first choice, but if I could go back and do it again, he would be my first choice.

He has a nasty grin and so does Harris. This should be a fun campaign.

Back
Top Bottom