• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you voting ABT (anybody but trump) or do you favor Biden's policies(?)

Why are you voting for Biden/Harris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Call it whatever makes you sleep better tonight. I don't really care.

Just today, Trump is openly calling for withholding the funds from the USPS that will prevent them from timely delivering mail in ballots that will be legally cast in the vast majority of states. He's openly trying to interfere with our votes. It's an attack on voting, and an attack on a legitimate election, all because he believes mail in ballots will advantage Biden.

Biden won't do that. Advantage Biden.

Since when is declining to give a agency funds that they're not entitled to in the first place "withholding?"

If states want to have mail-in ballots sent out to every voter, sometimes twice, let them pay for it.

Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

Or, are you just a "I hate Trumper"?

ETA: Just Biden voters please.
i will be voting BIDEN/HARRIS, and yes Biden was my preferred choice, but i would have voted for whatever candidate came out of the democrat side of things, and yes, trump most definitely has to go.

I was a ABC&T voter in 2016, anybody but Clinton and Trump. I didn't care who the third name on the ballot was, that third name got my vote. This year, I'm just plain sick and tired of the childish antics, the name calling, the throwing of temper tantrums, the very unpresidential behavior, the creation of a ton of needless feuds just because someone had a bad thought about him, the schoolyard bullying tactics, and a bunch more.

Policy, stances on issues, achievements and failures have become to mean nothing to me anymore, I just want an adult in the White House instead of a 74 year old man-child who acts and behaves like a 4 year old spoiled brat. So Biden it is.

One of the elder statesmen on DP has spoken.

Where's the option for "I'm voting for anybody but a Democrat, even though I don't like Trump?"

Read the poll question again.... :roll:

And if you're voting for anyone but a Democrat, you are at least totally comfortable with four more years of Trump as President. Whether you "like" him or not isn't that relevant as far as I can see.

82 more days of trump's lies, chaos, racist hatred and misogynistic sleaze.
Republicans for trump.

Wrong. Donald Trump's stupid lies, racism, misogynistic crap, and bullying will continue to be news for a while after his last day in office. Kamala Harris is a former sheriff and state Attorney General, so she can help Joe Biden appoint the federal Attorney General and DOJ Secretary and hire the FBI director, who would be able to put Trump where he belongs. Don't expect Trump to stop being in the news on January 21.

Since when is declining to give a agency funds that they're not entitled to in the first place "withholding?"

If states want to have mail-in ballots sent out to every voter, sometimes twice, let them pay for it.

States cannot fund the USPS. That's a federal agency, authorized right there in the Constitution.

It's not a surprise that you're fine with Trump pledging to block any funds from the USPS and to declare openly that he INTENDS on the USPS being unable because of budget problems to timely deliver ballots. If Trump supports something, the MAGA lemmings follow him, no matter how much of an abuse of power it is or that it threatens a core function in our system. It's a cult at this point. It's one reason why so many of us will figuratively crawl on broken glass to the polls to cast our votes for Biden this election.

And it's why exactly no one should take the "I don't like Trump" stuff seriously. No one cares what anyone "likes" but what they enable and support by voting for Trump.

Last edited:

The states you mention have been bankrupted by Trump's response to COVID also.
The history books will view the Trump admin as an epic catastrophe.
How long do you think it will take Democrats to clean up this GOP mess?

Wrong. Donald Trump's stupid lies, racism, misogynistic crap, and bullying will continue to be news for a while after his last day in office. Kamala Harris is a former sheriff and state Attorney General, so she can help Joe Biden appoint the federal Attorney General and DOJ Secretary and hire the FBI director, who would be able to put Trump where he belongs. Don't expect Trump to stop being in the news on January 21.

You got me on not mentioning the 78-day transition in that post.
Or will it take longer?

That Republicans for Biden comment was a clip from Arizona I saw.
If media really hated Trump, they wouldn't give him free air time at this moment every day.

i am an anti-Republican independent. i choose the most viable other. unfortunately, our system only provides me with one of those. i hope to see that change, assuming that Tweety completely destroys the Republican party, which would be the only silver lining of this debacle.

The states you mention have been bankrupted by Trump's response to COVID also./QUOTE]

How do you figure? Was the governor of California incapable of enacting measures to contain the spread of the virus? What did he need from Trump that he didn't get?

That would make the poll meaningless. Choose your prime answer.

Well if Biden had Trump's policies, I wouldn't vote for him either. I also wouldn't vote for a different republican with Trumps policies.

So I went with policy, as it's more important to me.

My actual feeling is far more nuanced than any of your poll options.

Last edited:
The states you mention have been bankrupted by Trump's response to COVID also.

How do you figure? Was the governor of California incapable of enacting measures to contain the spread of the virus? What did he need from Trump that he didn't get?
I fixed your post when I accidentally saw it.

Are you accidently forgetting Trump sabotaging New York, Illinois, and several other Blue states, as we heard from Kushner?

Okay. That's less accurate, but no less easy.

I want to see your MAGA yanked out of your hands and dropped down a sanitary sewer, just because you want it.

I'm gonna stick with my brother on this one.

**** your MAGA.

I fixed your post when I accidentally saw it.

Are you accidently forgetting Trump sabotaging New York, Illinois, and several other Blue states, as we heard from Kushner?

Ok, so you dodged one question and asked another.

I'm not accidentally forgetting anything, so feel free to substantiate the claim you're making.

I like Biden and Harris, but I would have voted for whoever it was that was not Trump. I'd have voted for Jeb Bush if that was the choice. Trump needs to be removed.

The right wing has no problem with Trump. Why should the left have a problem with Biden/Harris?
What? How is that relevant? To reverse the question I'm voting for Trump because I disagree with Biden's agenda.

There are many elements of the policy agenda that I prefer with Biden, but I never really felt at home with the Democratic Party, including with its foreign policy and green energy agendas. After Jeb got the boot, I really felt out of place with the Republican Party. So, yeah, anybody but Trump.
Thanks for a rational answer.

Get rid of trump at all costs. Neither biden or harris thrills me but have no doubt they will get my vote rather than this demon seed the gop is running.
Thanks for being honest.

Dump Trump at all cost. He is a cancer that needs to be excised. Hopefully this will be the only time I ever feel the need to actually vote for a Democrat.

Just curious. The about of actual political debating done here lately has diminished and the "I'll vote for anyone but Trump" types have taken over. So, my question is whether you actually see something appealing in the Biden/Harris agenda and will vote for them according - if so, please be specific.

Or, are you just a "I hate Trumper"?

ETA: Just Biden voters please.

Both. Nothing could be worse than Trump's divisive domestic policies or his failed trade war and traitorous foreign blunders. And that does not even include his disastrous handling of the pandemic either. Trump is a trifecta of failure. Biden will bring back American prestige abroad and help reunite this nation at home but most importantly he will bring us in line with the rest of the world and get the virus under control here by listening to the experts.

Last edited:
We dems so don't know how to run an economy we took the disaster W left america and turned it around in four years giving obama another four years and then he handed trump an economy that was doing just fine. However, the R's will never admit such a thing.

Trump wishes he could be twenty five percent of the president obama was.
LOL, and did the poorest job of "turning it around" since the Great Depression. The economy turned itself around; all you guys did was act as a boat anchor to slow its progress. Oh, and you "handed" Trump an economy that was anemic at best, The final year of Obama saw growth of 1.6% and a weak stock market.

Back
Top Bottom