• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are You Tired of the Separation of Church and State?

JH Oldoc

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If you are, you might be Lauren Boobert.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boebert-says-she-tired-separation-205248681.html

Brad Dress
Tue, June 28, 2022 at 4:52 PM

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) says she is “tired” of the long-standing separation between church and state in the U.S., adding that she believes “the church is supposed to direct the government.”
In a Sunday speech at the Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colo., ahead of her primary election on Tuesday, Boebert argued that “the government is not supposed to direct the church,” falsely claiming that dividing religion from the system of government was not what the Founding Fathers intended.
“I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk — that’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter and it means nothing like they say it does,” Boebert said, earning a round of applause from the audience.

What we need is Theocracy.....apparently
Can inquisition and witch burnings be far behind?

Brad Dress

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) says she is “tired” of the long-standing separation between church and state in the U.S., adding that she believes “the church is supposed to direct the government.”
In a Sunday speech at the Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colo., ahead of her primary election on Tuesday, Boebert argued that “the government is not supposed to direct the church,” falsely claiming that dividing religion from the system of government was not what the Founding Fathers intended.
“I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk — that’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter and it means nothing like they say it does,” Boebert said, earning a round of applause from the audience.

Sounds like someone has been reading her the ideas of David Barton and David Limbaugh.

Brad Dress

Two weeks before Boebert was sworn into office she got her GED.

I’m not throwing rocks at people who have a GED. Boebert has the right to say whatever she wants, but people who trust her knowledge of history and give credence to her interpretation of the Constitution are the ones who grew up playing left home at away games.

Two weeks before Boebert was sworn into office she got her GED.

I’m not throwing rocks at people who have a GED. Boebert has the right to say whatever she wants, but people who trust her knowledge of history and give credence to her interpretation of the Constitution are the ones who grew up playing left home at away games.
Well, you know. Boobert certainly knows better than Jefferson what the founders meant. LoLz

Brad Dress

The lame brains in this country know nothing about either.

Would she have a problem with ALL American students being given extra time for Islamic prayer if one feels the need?

Absolutely not.

Religion (or theology) is the repository and vehicle for most of our moral teachings.

I'd love to see atheist kids have the chance to be someplace where they can mediate or play games while others do what they want to do.

Absolutely not.

Religion (or theology) is the repository and vehicle for most of our moral teachings.

I'd love to see atheist kids have the chance to be someplace where they can mediate or play games while others do what they want to do.
I am an atheist

I don't know any that meditate, especially children

But ok

I am an atheist

I don't know any that meditate, especially children

But ok

I said whatever.....they can play games.

I am certainly not for forcing kids to pray or listen to lessons or anything that goes against their faith (theological or secular).

However, the idea of whitewashing religion from the public was never the intent of the founders and isn't a good idea.

Certainly, when you have morons out carrying signs saying "God hates fags" I have to wonder if the almighty doesn't step away from his celestial desk for a drink and wonder just how stupid his creations can be.

I said whatever.....they can play games.

I am certainly not for forcing kids to pray or listen to lessons or anything that goes against their faith (theological or secular).

However, the idea of whitewashing religion from the public was never the intent of the founders and isn't a good idea.

Certainly, when you have morons out carrying signs saying "God hates fags" I have to wonder if the almighty doesn't step away from his celestial desk for a drink and wonder just how stupid his creations can be.
As a gay man, I try to take no notice of institutional homophobia permitted in MANY places of worship.

Live and let live

Brad Dress

Have those arsewipses.ever Heard of Jefferson?

Wall.of seperation.?

The GOP are loons

As a gay man, I try to take no notice of institutional homophobia permitted in MANY places of worship.

Live and let live

As a hetero man, I have to apologize to you for the stupidity of some of those in the human race.

What I truly believe is that people of faith see their (my) most treasured institution, marriage, being destroyed..... not by gays or trans or anyone else.....

But by those who get married and are divorcing at a rate of over 50%.

If that wasn't happening, I am not sure that gay marriage or gayness would be that big a deal.

Have those arsewipses.ever Heard of Jefferson?

Wall.of seperation.?

The GOP are loons

There is no separation of church and state in the constitution.

Except for the first amendment which simply states congress can't limit the establishment of religion.

What I truly believe is that people of faith see their (my) most treasured institution, marriage, being destroyed..... not by gays or trans or anyone else.....
How in the world do lgbtq people destroy marriage.

Please explain.

Except for the first amendment which simply states congress can't limit the establishment of religion.
You can Care to reed Jefferson..

Will ya?

And the First amendment is.clear enough...

As a hetero man, I have to apologize to you for the stupidity of some of those in the human race.

But by those who get married and are divorcing at a rate of over 50%.

If that wasn't happening, I am not sure that gay marriage or gayness would be that big a deal.
Please no need, honest.

Christ preached tolerance and forgiving others of transgressions. I don't believe in the Christian doctrine, but there is much to be taken from this messege, even for an atheist.

T

Of corse there is...this why rhe US is supreme...

You religious people will (hopefully) Not Turn the US into a theocracy WHICH i am sure you maY
wanna

You can Care to reed Jefferson..

Will ya?

And the First amendment is.clear enough...

I have read Jefferson.

The first amendment says... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.....

What part of that am I missing.

History shows that several states had state sponsored religions well into the early 1800's and they were NEVER challenged.

The states got smart and wrote them out of their state Constitutions....but nothing was ever said about the fact they existed.

T

Of corse there is...this why rhe US is supreme...

You religious people will (hopefully) Not Turn the US into a theocracy WHICH i am sure you maY
wanna

Can't help that you think you can post your opinion as fact.

Let me know when you want to discuss what is real.

Back
Top Bottom