• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you that ignorant when it comes to abortions?

If they only started promoting men in your school district you would scream bloody murder

LOL! What? How does your brain come up with this stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! What? How does your brain come up with this stuff?

You are fine with discrimination.....untilnit affects you

IMO, the entire U.S., if the religious anti-abortion and anti-contraception folks ever get their way. Oh, and an entire population of workers stuck with religious anti-contraception employers. That's "who," in my view at least.

Anyone who chooses to work for a super religious organization is most likely super religious themselves. And, as I said, no one is chained to their employer.

Abortion will never be banned. Birth control will never be banned. The extreme less than 10% of the population isn’t going to take over and turn the US into The Handmaids Tale. If you think there’s a good chance it will happen, then you’re not in tune with reality.

🍿 - I've enjoyed these popcorn ready train wrecks of threads lately.

BTW, it is galactically ignorant to assume there were not abortions before Roe v Wade, and even worse to assume that post some decision that nullifies Roe v Wade all of a sudden abortions will stop. Applying law like this to an obvious social and economic fault always backfires, with our on nation's history illustrating time and time again we need something other than 'do not do this' laws.

The harsh truth here is acceptance of what usually deals best with these sort of things, and that is education and basic knowledge.

The more we are open about sexuality, communication, pregnancy prevention, personal responsibility, social consciousness, what have you the more likely we are not going to need Roe v Wade or overturning Roe v Wade mentality.

Using the death of a justice to amplify the polarization of the abortion debate is also galactically ignorant. "Murder" and "innocent baby killing' and whatever else is just the emotion of the debate, there is an answer and looking to today's political climate to be the end all of this issue is foolish. Going with the religious debate also amplifies the division and solves nothing.

There is a better way, and it is not that complicated.

🍿 - I've enjoyed these popcorn ready train wrecks of threads lately.

BTW, it is galactically ignorant to assume there were not abortions before Roe v Wade, and even worse to assume that post some decision that nullifies Roe v Wade all of a sudden abortions will stop. Applying law like this to an obvious social and economic fault always backfires, with our on nation's history illustrating time and time again we need something other than 'do not do this' laws.

The harsh truth here is acceptance of what usually deals best with these sort of things, and that is education and basic knowledge.

The more we are open about sexuality, communication, pregnancy prevention, personal responsibility, social consciousness, what have you the more likely we are not going to need Roe v Wade or overturning Roe v Wade mentality.

Using the death of a justice to amplify the polarization of the abortion debate is also galactically ignorant. "Murder" and "innocent baby killing' and whatever else is just the emotion of the debate, there is an answer and looking to today's political climate to be the end all of this issue is foolish. Going with the religious debate also amplifies the division and solves nothing.

There is a better way, and it is not that complicated.
And that better way would be pro-choice where everybody minds their own business, doesn't try to manage other people's sex lives and does what they think is best for them and what they believe. Why is this not the solution?

Yes. And it's your opinion that it's nothing more than that. Right?
It is an opinion and the only one that matters is that of the individual woman choosing it, or not. I'd guess that every medical procedure is significant to the person receiving it.

. ....... Abortion will never be banned. Birth control will never be banned. The extreme less than 10% of the population isn’t going to take over and turn the US into The Handmaids Tale. If you think there’s a good chance it will happen, then you’re not in tune with reality.

It doesn't have to reach The Handmaids level of control to be a disaster for most women. Simply making abortion illegal again will be quite enough of a disaster for all practical purposes. The anti-abortion movement last year introduced 370 bills into state legislatures restricting, banning or making abortions illegal by one means or another. Thirty five passed. If every year 35 abortion restrictions pass it's only a short time until it is again made illegal. If Ms Barrett is appointed Roe will be overturned. She believed Scalia was right that abortion is a matter states have to decide not the federal government.

It doesn't have to reach The Handmaids level of control to be a disaster for most women. Simply making abortion illegal again will be quite enough of a disaster for all practical purposes. The anti-abortion movement last year introduced 370 bills into state legislatures restricting, banning or making abortions illegal by one means or another. Thirty five passed. If every year 35 abortion restrictions pass it's only a short time until it is again made illegal. If Ms Barrett is appointed Roe will be overturned. She believed Scalia was right that abortion is a matter states have to decide not the federal government.

And still abortion won't be banned. Some states might have lots of abortion restrictions, but no state is going to make all abortions illegal.

And still abortion won't be banned. Some states might have lots of abortion restrictions, but no state is going to make all abortions illegal.
Ireland had ALL the abortion restrictions, and women died. Supposedly they could to save the mother's life, but not if there was still a fetal heartbeat. How about if we just keep 'that one?' Abortion wont technically be lilegal...but women would still die due to govt force.

Time will eventually provide the answer.

I look at the posts about the dems and Ginsburg being responsible for abortions. Do you actually think that there were no abortions before Roe, or that there were fewer abortions, then you do not know history. There have been abortions since forever and the number will never really be known as poor families and the rich as well did not tell people as it violated the laws in every state in the union. The only real thing that Roe did was make it safer for women to get one as they could go to a real doctor and have it done. Just so you know I am a Catholic and against abortion as that is what my religion says I must be. Should my or your beliefs be the ones that run this country and all of the women. And do you think that outlawing abortions again will stop them any more than it did before Roe? And now I hear that the religious right wing want to once again outlaw contraceptives. Won't that help the situation?
Real doctors prolong life, not terminate it.

Euthanasia is legal in several states now.
Wrong again
Never, not even once was a healthy person euthanized anywhere. "Fetuses" are aborted while healthy.
How many kids do you have?

Never, not even once was a healthy person euthanized anywhere. "Fetuses" are aborted while healthy.
How many kids do you have?
Well a fetus is not a healthy person. Lol

What is your address?

Real doctors prolong life, not terminate it.

A pregnancy involves many more lives than just a fetus. A whole family is involved in the addition of a new member. Almost every woman that gets an abortion has thought seriously about how adding a child will effect her family situation. The woman's abortion does preserve life. ..... the lives of the already born family.

Just like the human experimentation of Nazi Germany. Abortion is the ultimate moral failure for America, and I would hope God judges us harshly for this sin.

Godwin's Law

God does not forbid a woman from terminating her pregnancy, so he will not "judge us harshly" for having legal abortion.

Back
Top Bottom