• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you that ignorant when it comes to abortions?

Where did that come from? LOL!
You are fine with companies choosing to discriminate against women that want birth control.....because it will never affect you in your school district. As soon as something might affect you.....trust me you will be the first to file a suit

You are fine with companies choosing to discriminate against women that want birth control.....because it will never affect you in your school district. As soon as something might affect you.....trust me you will be the first to file a suit

I just gave you a scenario of what would greatly affect me in terms of my school insurance and said I'd just get new insurance. What have I ever said that leads you to believe I wouldn't get new insurance, but I'd be the first one in line to file a lawsuit against the district? Please show your work. :)

I look at the posts about the dems and Ginsburg being responsible for abortions. Do you actually think that there were no abortions before Roe, or that there were fewer abortions, then you do not know history. There have been abortions since forever and the number will never really be known as poor families and the rich as well did not tell people as it violated the laws in every state in the union. The only real thing that Roe did was make it safer for women to get one as they could go to a real doctor and have it done. Just so you know I am a Catholic and against abortion as that is what my religion says I must be. Should my or your beliefs be the ones that run this country and all of the women. And do you think that outlawing abortions again will stop them any more than it did before Roe? And now I hear that the religious right wing want to once again outlaw contraceptives. Won't that help the situation?

No, your personal beliefs should not be running the country. I, too, am Catholic.

Womens' choice should remain in place. Not sure where you read that the religious right wing desires to outlaw contraceptives. Do you have a link that supports your statement? I do know that they don't want contraceptives and abortion tax payer funded though.

I just gave you a scenario of what would greatly affect me in terms of my school insurance and said I'd just get new insurance. What have I ever said that leads you to believe I wouldn't get new insurance, but I'd be the first one in line to file a lawsuit against the district? Please show your work. :)
It would cost you a ton to get insurance on your own and you would not even complain?

I'm not buying it

It would cost you a ton to get insurance on your own and you would not even complain?
I'm not buying it

It would also cost me a ton to change districts. So....

Okay? So have you.

oh, no doubt. all Americans have benefitted from the things that liberals fought for. women and minorities especially.

oh, no doubt. all Americans have benefitted from the things that liberals fought for. women and minorities especially.

Yes. The question here is --- why do you keep bringing it up to me, specifically?

which all takes time. so women, after Republicans get enough Justices to overturn it, will have decades and decades of pissed off women who have seen their choice taken away by the CentGov.

oh, and you're welcome for allowing you to wear a bikini if you want.
Some of the larger states, like MI and SD, only have one facility now and their residents go elsewhere because it's closer.

It's not right, but if you choose to live in a neanderthal state...you get stuck with some of those neanderthal inconveniences. Maybe it will change votes...or lose residents.

Why are you telling me about insurance coverage? I asked about his statement about the religious right wanting to outlaw contraceptives.
What greater statement is there than changing the law to suit one's religious agenda? Catholics and evangelicals have been making abortion and women's contraceptives less and less accessible in all conservative states ever since Roe. With any new development in abortion technology and /or women's contraceptives religious conservatives initiate massive efforts to make them illegal or limit availability to the public. Is there any reason to expect this behavior to cease when their religious belief is that contraception is against God's plan? If you want a public statement go to the mission and vision statements of individual sects.

Mission statement of the National Association of Evangelicals:
“Evangelicals believe that government is a gift from God for the common good. Good governance creates the conditions in which human beings fulfill their responsibilities as God’s image bearers and as stewards of God’s creation.”

An editorial from Christian Post
"Every marriage must be open to the gift of children. …. To demand sexual pleasure without openness to children is to violate a sacred trust. ……..evangelical couples may, at times, choose to use contraceptives in order to plan their families and enjoy the pleasures of the marital bed. ……. Not all birth control is contraception, for some technologies and methods do not prevent the sperm from fertilizing the egg, but instead prevent the fertilized egg from successfully implanting itself in the lining of the womb. Such methods involve nothing less than an early abortion. This is true of all IUDs and some hormonal technologies. ……some forms of the Pill may also work through abortifacient effect, rather than preventing ovulation. Christian couples must exercise due care in choosing a form of birth control that is unquestionably contraceptive, rather than abortifacient."

If you eliminate sterilization, the IUD, hormone implants and the pill that means women have no means of controlling pregnancy and leaves males in control of all contraception. The failure rate of condoms, withdrawal, and rhythm method is between 18% and 25%.

What more statement do you require?

Abortion further cheapens life and is the epitome of selfishness. Liberals have absolutely zero concept of duty and obligation.
Care to explain what you consider women's duty and obligation?

Making abortion illegal will not stop women from having an abortion.

The true solution is to keep abortions legal but make birth control accessible and child care accessible for those in need so that abortions are unnecessary unless the woman or unborn has a medical condition that puts their life or long term health in grave danger.
Especially long term forms. Those types are the most reliable. Many bcp are rendered ineffective for the remainder of the month if you inadvertently miss one pill.

Making abortion illegal will not stop women from having an abortion.

The true solution is to keep abortions legal but make birth control accessible and child care accessible for those in need so that abortions are unnecessary unless the woman or unborn has a medical condition that puts their life or long term health in grave danger.
Sadly, sex education and accessible birth control, which might make for fewer abortions, are things that many opponents of abortion find themselves opposing as well. Witness Rush Limbaugh’s idiotic rant against a woman who testified in favor of birth control being included in health insurance. Clinton said it best about abortion, it should be “safe, legal, and rare.”

Okay. That affects women who CHOOSE to participate in that insurance plan. Women who CHOOSE to be part of that religious group and school. Do they have no other choices?

Being for religious liberty to not have to pay for some or all birth control through their insurance isn’t stifling any woman’s ability to get birth control. All women in the country have easy access to birth control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about people whose religious beliefs have them opposed to transfusions? Vasectomies? Capital punishment? Is their religious liberty harmed by financing such things publicly?

What social issues?
Btw, those who would have Roe v Wade overturned, who goes to jail in proposals to outlaw abortions? Would you penalize the doc, the head of the clinic, nurses and attendants, whom? Is there any draft legislation out there one can refer to?

You've been asked at least twice about this statement. Who are these "religious right wing" people who want to outlaw contraceptives?
There arent any. He just made it up.

you mean special rights at the expense of everyone else. See, problem is social liberalism is a copout and cowardice. Let's take it to its logical conclusion and abolish ALL criminal laws, OK? There's social liberalism for ya.

What rights do gays have that straights don't have?

We should let insurance companies cover or not cover whatever they want. It’s their company. They will also suffer the consequences when no one chooses their plan because they refuse to cover certain things. Just like the article you posted. No one is forcing women to take certain insurance plans. No one is restricting women from birth control. Don’t like an LDS insurance plan that covers no birth control? Don’t choose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how you are for choice in drug coverage, but not for choosing a medical procedure....

then you, and people like you, have benefitted massively more (from liberal change) than people like me (i'm a white, male landowner with coin).

then you, and people like you, have benefitted massively more (from liberal change) than people like me (i'm a white, male landowner with coin).

Of course. But would you be saying "you're welcome that you can wear a bikini" to a pro-choice woman like weaver or Scrab?

Of course. But would you be saying "you're welcome that you can wear a bikini" to a pro-choice woman like weaver or Scrab?

all women have benefitted from liberal change.

and i have no idea who those two people are.

Back
Top Bottom