• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you that ignorant when it comes to abortions?

When did you hear that? I don't know anyone who wants to outlaw contraceptives aside from some Catholic zealots.

There's probably a billion catholic zealots on this planet. There are also a great many American, southern, christian zealots who desire to outlaw contraception and abortion. Furthermore, the pro-lifers who are in favor of birth control still vote for the same asswipes who pander to the contraception haters. So, I fail to see how the distinction matters. Either way, women get screwed by republicans.

There are also a great many American, southern, christian zealots who desire to outlaw contraception

Evidence of this? Didn't think so. Unless you are thinking about IUDs which many consider an abortive device.

Evidence of this? Didn't think so. Unless you are thinking about IUDs which many consider an abortive device.

First of all, don't say there's no evidence and then provide it. Secondly, when the owner of Hobby Lobby went to court to make sure he didn't have to provide sinful birth control to his female employees, what was that if not christian zealotry?

Besides, my point still stands that you and the anti-contraception people are voting for the same morons. Deal with it.

Making Birth control accessible and reliable to women who do not wish to gestate a pregnancy reduces greatly
the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Wanted pregnancies are rarely aborted unless something went medically wrong with the pregnancy.
the pill revolutionized women and yet out of wedlock births are still super high

strong traditions bring down abortion rates

First of all, don't say there's no evidence and then provide it. Secondly, when the owner of Hobby Lobby went to court to make sure he didn't have to provide sinful birth control to his female employees, what was that if not christian zealotry?

no because Hobby Lobby pays for most birth control methods

case closed.

Besides, my point still stands that you and the anti-contraception people are voting for the same morons. Deal with it.

That wasn't evidence of "outlawing contraception". It was evidence of a religious employer not wanting to pay for insurance coverage on a few birth control methods.

Please explain the Hobby Lobby argument and decision in your own words.

no because Hobby Lobby pays for most birth control methods

case closed.

It's so interesting just how many people don't know this. They don't know because the loudest voices (i.e. the media, celebrities, etc.) only say "Hobby Lobby wants to ban contraception". The truth doesn't matter as long as their agenda is heard and believed.

Why is this so hard. The places where abortions go down are places with strong sex education and birth control availability. There is no doubt. If you doubt this, take a look at high schools that relied on purity pledges. Yeah, that didn't work out so well.
If you want to reduce abortions, increase real sex education and availability of birth control. You may not like it. But it is the proven, most effective way to reduce unwanted pregnancies, therefore abortions. Your sons and daughters are counting on you. Don't let them down. Again.

It's so interesting just how many people don't know this. They don't know because the loudest voices (i.e. the media, celebrities, etc.) only say "Hobby Lobby wants to ban contraception". The truth doesn't matter as long as their agenda is heard and believed.
It'a only a matter of time before the pill is considered an abortifacient.

I look at the posts about the dems and Ginsburg being responsible for abortions. Do you actually think that there were no abortions before Roe, or that there were fewer abortions, then you do not know history. There have been abortions since forever and the number will never really be known as poor families and the rich as well did not tell people as it violated the laws in every state in the union. The only real thing that Roe did was make it safer for women to get one as they could go to a real doctor and have it done. Just so you know I am a Catholic and against abortion as that is what my religion says I must be. Should my or your beliefs be the ones that run this country and all of the women. And do you think that outlawing abortions again will stop them any more than it did before Roe? And now I hear that the religious right wing want to once again outlaw contraceptives. Won't that help the situation?
Easy one first, contraceptives will not get outlawed, far too many women on both sides depend on them. Abortion legal or not. Both are wrong as it takes a life. Laws against may or may not cause a drop but we have laws against rape, robbery, murder and a host of other crimes that don't stop. I appreciate the you follow the teaching of your religion, so many don't. Someone who gets pregnant is asked to make the sacrifice of 9 months carrying the child, just as Christ made the sacrifice of his life to save christians from sin.

Yes, you proved my point. Case closed.

Your point was that the Hobby Lobby case was proof of your assertion that many people want to outlaw contraception. But the Hobby Lobby case had nothing to do with outlawing contraception. So....

the pill revolutionized women and yet out of wedlock births are still super high

In 1980-1981 the abortion rate in USA was

Lasted 2019 figures:

In 1980-1981 there were 26.9 abortions per 1,000 USA women.
By 2017 they dropped to 13.5 per 1,000 USA women.

The USA is among the lowest abortion rate of counties that allow First trimester abortions and we allow abortions up to viability which shows how few abortions the USA women have after the first trimester.

it is lower than Australia, Denmark, France, Hungry, Poland, Sweden, New Zealand, etc.

and is about the same as Canada and the United Kingdom.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/wrjp336abrate2.html

Abortion Rates by Country
(countries listed by name)

compiled by Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 25 February 2017

Abortion rates per 1000 women ages 15-39, most recent data

Last edited:
Your point was that the Hobby Lobby case was proof of your assertion that many people want to outlaw contraception. But the Hobby Lobby case had nothing to do with outlawing contraception. So....

Are you joking?

The whole thing was about insurance providing BIRTH CONTROL against the RELIGIOUS BELIEFS of the company's owner. Quit being obtuse. It absolutely proves my point.

Are you joking?

The whole thing was about insurance providing BIRTH CONTROL against the RELIGIOUS BELIEFS of the company's owner. Quit being obtuse. It absolutely proves my point.

Yes, that’s exactly what it was about. It wasn’t about “outlawing contraception” as you suggested.

Yes, that’s exactly what it was about. It wasn’t about “outlawing contraception” as you suggested.

Really? You're going to hitch your wagon to that absurd distinction? He took his religious objection to birth control to the Supreme Court, coddifying in law his misogyny and elitism. And, you doubt he'd make it illegal too, if he could? You're naive.

Really? You're going to hitch your wagon to that absurd distinction? He took his religious objection to birth control to the Supreme Court, coddifying in law his misogyny and elitism. And, you doubt he'd make it illegal too, if he could? You're naive.

He can't make it illegal. And, yes, he should've taken his religious objection to the courts. It's not misogyny or elitism - it's freedom of religion. Don't like him practicing his religion? Don't work there.

You have a quote from him calling for contraception to be made illegal? I'd like to see it.

In 1980-1981 the abortion rate in USA was

Lasted 2019 figures:

In 1980-1981 there were 26.9 abortions per 1,000 USA women.
By 2017 they dropped to 13.5 per 1,000 USA women.

The USA is among the lowest abortion rate of counties that allow First trimester abortions and we allow abortions up to viability which shows how few abortions the USA women have after the first trimester.

it is lower than Australia, Denmark, France, Hungry, Poland, Sweden, New Zealand, etc.

and is about the same as Canada and the United Kingdom.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/wrjp336abrate2.html

Abortion Rates by Country
(countries listed by name)

compiled by Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 25 February 2017

Abortion rates per 1000 women ages 15-39, most recent data

abortion doesnt stop out of wedlock births, its meaningless

women are getting less not because of birth control

Back
Top Bottom