• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you that ignorant when it comes to abortions?

Abortion further cheapens life and is the epitome of selfishness. Liberals have absolutely zero concept of duty and obligation.
Nah. It's great

which also came from liberals and was fought, tooth and nail, by conservatives.

don't prove my point for me. that's my job.

Your point makes no sense. You’re talking to me as if I am against all of those things and I have you to thank for getting it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liberals are always wrong on the Social issues front.

yes. which is why women can vote, black and whites can marry and gay folks have rights.

lying isn't a good look for conservatives but it's been going on for so long that most people just expect it now.

Your point makes no sense. You’re talking to me as if I am against all of those things and I have you to thank for getting it done.

you have benefitted from all those things that LIBERALS fought for over the decades/centuries.

yes. which is why women can vote, black and whites can marry and gay folks have rights.

lying isn't a good look for conservatives but it's been going on for so long that most people just expect it now.
you mean special rights at the expense of everyone else. See, problem is social liberalism is a copout and cowardice. Let's take it to its logical conclusion and abolish ALL criminal laws, OK? There's social liberalism for ya.

you have benefitted from all those things that LIBERALS fought for over the decades/centuries.

Okay? So have you.

As I said.....it is an example of the religious right making it hard for women to get birth control

Except it’s still not hard for them at all. It’s readily available to any and every woman who wants it.

Except it’s still not hard for them at all. It’s readily available to any and every woman who wants it.

So is treatment for breast cancer and ovarian cancer.

Maybe we should let insurance companies deny paying for that too

So is treatment for breast cancer and ovarian cancer.

Maybe we should let insurance companies deny paying for that too

We should let insurance companies cover or not cover whatever they want. It’s their company. They will also suffer the consequences when no one chooses their plan because they refuse to cover certain things. Just like the article you posted. No one is forcing women to take certain insurance plans. No one is restricting women from birth control. Don’t like an LDS insurance plan that covers no birth control? Don’t choose it.

We should let insurance companies cover or not cover whatever they want. It’s their company. They will also suffer the consequences when no one chooses their plan because they refuse to cover certain things. Just like the article you posted. No one is forcing women to take certain insurance plans. No one is restricting women from birth control. Don’t like an LDS insurance plan that covers no birth control? Don’t choose it.

If you work for a company you can only take their insurance plan.

So its ok if we cut funding for womens issues at your companys insurance company?

If you work for a company you can only take their insurance plan.

So its ok if we cut funding for womens issues at your companys insurance company?

That isn’t true. You can choose a different plan. If anything was cut out of my school insurance that I thought needed to be covered I’d seek other insurance plans.

That isn’t true. You can choose a different plan. If anything was cut out of my school insurance that I thought needed to be covered I’d seek other insurance plans.

But every plan your company covers could choose to not cover those things.

Is that ok?

But every plan your company covers could choose to not cover those things.

Is that ok?

It’s their insurance company - they can do what they want and suffer the consequences financially.

It’s their insurance company - they can do what they want and suffer the consequences financially.

Suffer? They would save money. It is you that would suffer. The company still pays the premiums

Suffer? They would save money. It is you that would suffer. The company still pays the premiums

They aren’t going to make any money when ppl choose another insurance plan or leave the company completely because of the crappy benefits.

They aren’t going to make any money when ppl choose another insurance plan or leave the company completely because of the crappy benefits.

You are squirming. You would fight it in court and you know it. Imagine having to quit a job you have worked your life to get to over this

You are squirming. You would fight it in court and you know it. Imagine having to quit a job you have worked your life to get to over this

I’m not “squirming” at all. You’re giving a hypothetical that would never happen anyway. What school district is going to suddenly choose an insurance plan that refuses to pay for medical procedures? And how would that result in me having to quit teaching?

You’re grasping at straws that will never appear to try to make a point that will never happen.

I’m not “squirming” at all. You’re giving a hypothetical that would never happen anyway. What school district is going to suddenly choose an insurance plan that refuses to pay for medical procedures? And how would that result in me having to quit teaching?

You’re grasping at straws that will never appear to try to make a point that will never happen.

You mean like a company that refuses to pay for birth control? Hmmmmmmm. LOL

I look at the posts about the dems and Ginsburg being responsible for abortions. Do you actually think that there were no abortions before Roe, or that there were fewer abortions, then you do not know history. There have been abortions since forever and the number will never really be known as poor families and the rich as well did not tell people as it violated the laws in every state in the union. The only real thing that Roe did was make it safer for women to get one as they could go to a real doctor and have it done. Just so you know I am a Catholic and against abortion as that is what my religion says I must be. Should my or your beliefs be the ones that run this country and all of the women. And do you think that outlawing abortions again will stop them any more than it did before Roe? And now I hear that the religious right wing want to once again outlaw contraceptives. Won't that help the situation?

Why are you opposed to abortion?

You mean like a company that refuses to pay for birth control? Hmmmmmmm. LOL

A SCHOOL isn't going to use an insurance company that refuses to pay for birth control unless it's a super conservative parochial school. What company would choose an insurance plan that refuses to pay for medical procedures for cancer?

And if you choose to work for a super religious conservative school or company, then you most likely agree with with most or all of their beliefs. If you do have a problem with it, don't work there or don't choose their insurance.

Making abortion illegal will not stop women from having an abortion.

The true solution is to keep abortions legal but make birth control accessible and child care accessible for those in need so that abortions are unnecessary unless the woman or unborn has a medical condition that puts their life or long term health in grave danger.

If birth control and child care were free and easily accessible, and a mother has no medical or health condition, yet still wanted an abortion, would you oppose it?

A SCHOOL isn't going to use an insurance company that refuses to pay for birth control unless it's a super conservative parochial school. What company would choose an insurance plan that refuses to pay for medical procedures for cancer?

And if you choose to work for a super religious conservative school or company, then you most likely agree with with most or all of their beliefs. If you do have a problem with it, don't work there or don't choose their insurance.
But why not? Lets say its a conservative state. Lets say times change and the states allow this. You may have been at this school for 20 years. Should you have to quit and start over?

Now it starts to get uncomfortable for you.

But why not? Lets say its a conservative state. Lets say times change and the states allow this. You may have been at this school for 20 years. Should you have to quit and start over?

States "allow" what? It's up to the school district and board to choose an insurance plan for their employees. No school district in their right mind is going to choose an insurance plan that eliminates birth control or cancer treatments and procedures. Like I said, you're speaking in hypotheticals that will never happen. But I'll bite this one time just to humor you -- if my school district decided to choose an insurance plan where only eye drops were covered, I wouldn't leave my school. I would get new and better insurance.

Now it starts to get uncomfortable for you.

You're not very good at reading people. :p

States "allow" what? It's up to the school district and board to choose an insurance plan for their employees. No school district in their right mind is going to choose an insurance plan that eliminates birth control or cancer treatments and procedures. Like I said, you're speaking in hypotheticals that will never happen. But I'll bite this one time just to humor you -- if my school district decided to choose an insurance plan where only eye drops were covered, I wouldn't leave my school. I would get new and better insurance.

You're not very good at reading people. :p
Discrimination is fine.....until it affects you.

Back
Top Bottom