• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you that ignorant when it comes to abortions?

The ACA was designed provide coverage for those medical procedures, processes, medications, examinations etc that got the biggest savings for the amount spent. At the top of the list was coverage for women's contraceptives. The savings to the public for a woman, especially a low wage worker, not having a child are huge.

That all the anti-abortion organizations are against the biggest savings possible, women's contraceptives, tells you their fight against abortion has nothing to do with saving money and quite a lot about installing their ideology as the law.

Why are you telling me about insurance coverage? I asked about his statement about the religious right wanting to outlaw contraceptives.

i'm waiting for the day that the Republican Party loses 80% of all women (since Republican, Democrat and Independent women all have abortions).

it'll be a seismic shift similar to what happened when LBJ signed the Civil Rights act.

i'm waiting for the day that the Republican Party loses 80% of all women (since Republican, Democrat and Independent women all have abortions).

it'll be a seismic shift similar to what happened when LBJ signed the Civil Rights act.

What will have to occur to cause 80% of women to leave the Republican Party?

Why are you telling me about insurance coverage? I asked about his statement about the religious right wanting to outlaw contraceptives.
The religious right wants to make it harder for women to get contraception.

Deny that

RvW overturned.

What makes you think 80% of Republican women would be against the overturning of Roe v. Wade?
What exactly do you think would happen if Roe v. Wade is overturned?

What makes you think 80% of Republican women would be against the overturning of Roe v. Wade?
What exactly do you think would happen if Roe v. Wade is overturned?

because women from all walks of life have/need abortions and once the Republicans (mainly men) take that option away they'll flip. we're not talking about you, we're talking about younger women and those with daughters who value the choice for themselves and their families.

now, once it's overturned, it will be like prohibition. it will go underground.

because women from all walks of life have/need abortions and once the Republicans (mainly men) take that option away they'll flip. we're not talking about you, we're talking about younger women and those with daughters who value the choice for themselves and their families.

now, once it's overturned, it will be like prohibition. it will go underground.

Prohibition was a nation-wide ban on the production and sale of alcoholic beverages. If RvW was overturned today, there wouldn't be a nation-wide ban on abortions tomorrow.

What makes you think 80% of Republican women would be against it? What made you say that number?

Making Birth control accessible and reliable to women who do not wish to gestate a pregnancy reduces greatly the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Exactly. And yet some on the pro-life side oppose some or all forms of reliable contraception as well. It truly boggles the mind at times.
:rolleyes:

Prohibition was a nation-wide ban on the production and sale of alcoholic beverages. If RvW was overturned today, there wouldn't be a nation-wide ban on abortions tomorrow.

What makes you think 80% of Republican women would be against it? What made you say that number?

because women, just like men on other issues, value choice for themselves.

and we're not talking about abortion being outlawed tomorrow. it'll take decades and the women then will be even more liberal than they are now (since all Americans become more liberal with each passing century). it's why we let you vote now.

because women, just like men on other issues, value choice for themselves.

Yes, and they will still have lots of choices even if RvW is ever overturned....including abortion.

and we're not talking about abortion being outlawed tomorrow. it'll take decades and the women then will be even more liberal than they are now (since all Americans become more liberal with each passing century). it's why we let you vote now.

That contradicts what you said about it being synonymous with Prohibition. If everyone gets more liberal as time moves on, then abortion will never be a nation-wide illegality like Prohibition was.

Yes, and they will still have lots of choices even if RvW is ever overturned....including abortion.

That contradicts what you said about it being synonymous with Prohibition. If everyone gets more liberal as time moves on, then abortion will never be a nation-wide illegality like Prohibition was.

yes, because women in the South will definitely have the right of choice once RvW is overturned. do you actually hear yourself?

the populace becomes more liberal with each passing century. that has nothing to do with the Court.

oh, and you're welcome for allowing you to marry a black man if you so choose.

yes, because women in the South will definitely have the right of choice once RvW is overturned. do you actually hear yourself?
the populace becomes more liberal with each passing century. that has nothing to do with the Court.
oh, and you're welcome for allowing you to marry a black man if you so choose.

Why are you saying "you're welcome" for that? Odd.

If RvW was ever overturned, some states absolutely might try to outlaw it almost completely --- no state will outlaw it across the board. Women aren't chained to their state's border unless you think it will be illegal for a pregnant woman to cross their state's border. This increasing liberal country suddenly becomes Gilead? Please.

If the populace becomes more liberal, then the populace elects more liberal which, in turn, appoints more liberal judges.

Why are you saying "you're welcome" for that? Odd.

If RvW was ever overturned, some states absolutely might try to outlaw it almost completely --- no state will outlaw it across the board. Women aren't chained to their state's border unless you think it will be illegal for a pregnant woman to cross their state's border. This increasing liberal country suddenly becomes Gilead? Please.

If the populace becomes more liberal, then the populace elects more liberal which, in turn, appoints more liberal judges.

which all takes time. so women, after Republicans get enough Justices to overturn it, will have decades and decades of pissed off women who have seen their choice taken away by the CentGov.

oh, and you're welcome for allowing you to wear a bikini if you want.

which all takes time. so women, after Republicans get enough Justices to overturn it, will have decades and decades of pissed off women who have seen their choice taken away by the CentGov.

oh, and you're welcome for allowing you to wear a bikini if you want.

Again, what’s with the “you’re welcome” thing? Why should I thank you for that? Explain it.

The religious right wants to make it harder for women to get contraception.

Deny that

Give me an example and we’ll discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, what’s with the “you’re welcome” thing? Why should I thank you for that? Explain it.

so, you're thinking it was traditionalists/conservatives/social conservatives who pushed for the freedoms that you enjoy today? you thinking it was the Conservatives/Southern Conservative/Social Conservatives who pushed for all that stuff? or do you realize it was liberal thinking people that earned you your current rights?

now, get back in the kitchen, i need a sandwich. and go have some babies.

so, you're thinking it was traditionalists/conservatives/social conservatives who pushed for the freedoms that you enjoy today? you thinking it was the Conservatives/Southern Conservative/Social Conservatives who pushed for all that stuff? or do you realize it was liberal thinking people that earned you your current rights?

now, get back in the kitchen, i need a sandwich. and go have some babies.

Ooooh, I see. You think I would’ve been against interracial marriage and women wearing bikinis just because I’m pro-life? LOL!

Okay. That affects women who CHOOSE to participate in that insurance plan. Women who CHOOSE to be part of that religious group and school. Do they have no other choices?

Being for religious liberty to not have to pay for some or all birth control through their insurance isn’t stifling any woman’s ability to get birth control. All women in the country have easy access to birth control.

Okay. That affects women who CHOOSE to participate in that insurance plan. Women who CHOOSE to be part of that religious group and school. Do they have no other choices?

Being for religious liberty to not have to pay for some or all birth control through their insurance isn’t stifling any woman’s ability to get birth control. All women in the country have easy access to birth control.

As I said.....it is an example of the religious right making it hard for women to get birth control

Ooooh, I see. You think I would’ve been against interracial marriage and women wearing bikinis just because I’m pro-life? LOL!

hell no. i think you wouldn't be voting or wearing bikinis if social conservatives would have won.

hell no. i think you wouldn't be voting or wearing bikinis if social conservatives would have won.

Okay? So.... YOU’RE welcome that you can have sex with and marry any willing man of your choice.

Okay? So.... YOU’RE welcome that you can have sex with and marry any willing man of your choice.

which also came from liberals and was fought, tooth and nail, by conservatives.

don't prove my point for me. that's my job.

Back
Top Bottom