• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you sure there is no God ? [W: 352]

Are you sure there is no God ?

• Total voters
That doesn't really make it a discussion then does it? If there's no discourse allowed then it's mere propaganda.

I have thought that the Religion sub forum should be under the Tavern sub forum. After all, it is supposed to be amicable discussion only there...

I have thought that the Religion sub forum should be under the Tavern sub forum. After all, it is supposed to be amicable discussion only there...

I think there should be a 'religious feud forum' , or a 'theist vs atheist' forum.. or 'religious free for all'.

In neither the Torah, nor any of the other books of the Tanakh, does God appear to humanity as a man. That is simply untrue.

He does - he is God but is seen in the appearance of a human man. My previous link provided scriptural evidences of this.

Last edited:
5 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, when I will set up of David a righteous shoot, and he shall reign a king and prosper, and he shall perform judgment and righteousness in the land.
ההִנֵּה יָמִים בָּאִים נְאֻם יְהֹוָה וַהֲקִמֹתִי לְדָוִד צֶמַח צַדִּיק וּמָלַךְ מֶלֶךְ וְהִשְׂכִּיל וְעָשָׂה מִשְׁפָּט וּצְדָקָה בָּאָרֶץ:

6In his days, Judah shall be saved and Israel shall dwell safely, and this is his name that he shall be called, The Lord is our righteousness.
ובְּיָמָיו תִּוָּשַׁע יְהוּדָה וְיִשְׂרָאֵל יִשְׁכֹּן לָבֶטַח וְזֶה שְּׁמוֹ אֲשֶׁר יִקְרְאוֹ יְהֹוָה | צִדְקֵנוּ:

Rashi: The Lord is our righteousness: The Lord will vindicate us during this one’s days.

Nothing even close to God being the Moshiach.

Strawman. Ignoring the Second Coming again.

Strawman. Ignoring the Second Coming again.

That is a Christian idea.. in Judaism, there is no 'second coming' The Moshiach is going to get it right the first time.

Ignoring the Second Coming again.

Take it to the religion forum. This religious debate between you and Sherman123 belongs there. Although I find it quite fascinating when religious minded people debate. They never seem to agree on the ultimate "Truth".

That is a Christian idea.. in Judaism, there is no 'second coming' The Moshiach is going to get it right the first time.

Show me in scripture where there is no second coming?

Take it to the religion forum. This religious debate between you and Sherman123 belongs there. Although I find it quite fascinating when religious minded people debate. They never seem to agree on the ultimate "Truth".

Not a chance.

Since the Messiah is God in Christianity, in scripture, and in various rabbinic writings, it's a legitimate discussion topic for this thread, as it goes to the argument about if there's a god and who is he?

Not a chance.

Since the Messiah is God in Christianity, in scripture, and in various rabbinic writings, it's a legitimate discussion topic for this thread, as it goes to the argument about if there's a god and who is he?

Incorrect. No rabbinical writings will say the Mesisah is God. .. If they do, they are not of the Jewish faith. End of story.

Not a chance.

You are not debating from a skeptical viewpoint, which is what this forum is for. If you want to nitpick about religious books and so-called prophecies, there is a forum for it.

Show me in the Jewish scriptures that say there will be.

I could, noting Isaiah 53, Daniel chapter 9, Daniel 7:13-14, and other scriptures, but you'd just be in denial, as usual.

Incorrect. No rabbinical writings will say the Mesisah is God. .. If they do, they are not of the Jewish faith.

Ha ha, the old "No True Scotsman" argument. Nice try.

I could, noting Isaiah 53, Daniel chapter 9, Daniel 7:13-14, and other scriptures, but you'd just be in denial, as usual.

We have had a discussion on each and every one of those, and it has been shown to you where your claims are flawed, because of mistranslation and it being out of context. I think you should be embarrassed to constantly bring up issues you have been shown to be so wrong with.

Ha ha, the old "No True Scotsman" argument. Nice try.

No, not a 'true scottsman' at all. but rather a definition of the very essence of the theology. Would you think someone is Christian who says Jesus is not the messiah, but claims to be Christian anyway?

I have noted you have relied on sources that have out right lied about what the rabbi's actually said though.

Re: Are you sure there is no God ?

A story you can tell your kids....after they stopped believing in Santa Claus. :lamo

Laugh if you must but the myth of Santa Claus is a good exercise of faith that helps to ease the child into the concept of religion much like the death of the family dog teaches the child the concept of dying.

I see a pattern here. LOL!

Laugh if you must but the myth of Santa Claus is a good exercise of faith that helps to ease the child into the concept of religion much like the death of the family dog teaches the child the concept of dying.

I see a pattern here. LOL!

Are you saying that Santa Clause is God Lite??

Are you saying that Santa Clause is God Lite??

It's a practice of faith. An exercise of sorts. First, you really believe because you're told it's the truth. Then, as time passes by, you pretend to believe because you think you'll get more presents. Eventually, the gig is up and you just look stupid believing in Santa.

But it's cool because now you got religion now that you're all grown up. That will carry you until you're dead and others won't look at you nearly as weird as they do when you're 21 and say you still believe in Santa. Just say you believe in Jesus instead and you're good to go.

Show me in scripture where there is no second coming?

Show me in scripture where it says Moses liked spaghetti. It isn't there, but that doesn't mean its true. Are you really going to rely on an absence of evidence argument? The Moshiach is, according to scripture, going to fulfill a series of specific prophecies, and then rule as a King. It doesn't say 'he'll die first, then finish the job'. The onus is therefore on you to supply evidence of a second coming.

No, not a 'true scottsman' at all. but rather a definition of the very essence of the theology. Would you think someone is Christian who says Jesus is not the messiah, but claims to be Christian anyway?

I have noted you have relied on sources that have out right lied about what the rabbi's actually said though.

Ramoss, save that NONSENSE for somebody who believes your folly.

Ramoss, save that NONSENSE for somebody who believes your folly.

Oh, I am quite sure that you will evade, deny and all those actions , I am pointing out the information for third party observers, who , upon looking at the attitudes and support given by each side, particularly when it comes to how you, as a representative of fundamentalist Christianity react, to make their own decision about who is much more likely to be correct.

Show me in scripture where it says Moses liked spaghetti. It isn't there, but that doesn't mean its true. Are you really going to rely on an absence of evidence argument? The Moshiach is, according to scripture, going to fulfill a series of specific prophecies, and then rule as a King. It doesn't say 'he'll die first, then finish the job'. The onus is therefore on you to supply evidence of a second coming.

Listen, one of your great rabbis - Maimonides (Rabbi Moses Ben Maimon) - said about the Messiah in Daniel chapter 9: "Daniel has elucidated to us the knowledge of the end times. However, since they are secret, the wise [rabbis] have barred the calculation of the days of Messiah’s coming so that the untutored populace will not be led astray when they see that the End Times have already come but there is no sign of the Messiah" (Igeret Teiman, Chapter 3 p.24.)"

That's right. First the Messiah is 'cut off' (killed, and matches Isaiah 53:8 - "For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was punished..."), AND THEN, AFTER THE MESSIAH IS KILLED, the following is written: "War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed."

Does that sound like a Messiah who ushers in world peace when he first appears on the scene? No, it doesn't.

So, here's the order from Daniel 9:

Jerusalem will be rebuilt.
The Messiah will appear.
The Messiah will be cut off / killed.
After that, war will continue until the end.

It fits the Jewish Messiah Jesus perfectly, but not the Jewish Messiah who will appear and immediately bring peace to the world. You guys have it out of order. Which is why you had to create two Messiah's (Messiah ben Joseph and Messiah ben David) to try to explain things.

Remember, one of your great Rabbis understood Daniel 9 spoke about the Messiah, and he wasn't the only one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom