• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you superstitious?

Are you superstitious?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Kind of

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Both the wife and I have first names starting with the 13th letter of the alphabet.

We consider it a very lucky number... oh, also have a black cat...

I grew up playing baseball which is a very superstitious sport, and my corn cob pipe smoking grandmother hung hex wards around her house. When I was growing up before cutting a new loaf of baked bread we'd always cross the bottom of it three times. Yeah, a bit superstitious.

Not really. I used to be but feel I've kinda grown out of it. What about you?

May be a little. :) ...I hope. :)

Both the wife and I have first names starting with the 13th letter of the alphabet.

We consider it a very lucky number... oh, also have a black cat...

That's not quite right. :2razz: :lol:

I'm only superstitious when it works.

i have OCD. we invented superstition.

Having been involved in sport for most of my life, I can say that, yeah, I am somewhat superstitious.

l believe in the evil eye .but it is a fact ,not a superstition

but it is said we should trust in god and keep praying to avoid any misfortune and harm caused by evil eye.

Not remotely in any way, I consider superstition more than a bit ridiculous.

Middle ground wins for having post #13

Kind of. When I am racing I have a half dollar from the year I was born that my pocket. It was given to me by an old man when I was about 6 years old. He told me it would bring me good luck and keep me safe. Now I am not sure how well it has kept me safe, but I have had pretty good luck having it with me. Since I am not dead yet I guess it has kept me somewhat safe!:)

Kind of. When I am racing I have a half dollar from the year I was born that my pocket. It was given to me by an old man when I was about 6 years old. He told me it would bring me good luck and keep me safe. Now I am not sure how well it has kept me safe, but I have had pretty good luck having it with me. Since I am not dead yet I guess it has kept me somewhat safe!:)

No, it means you are somewhat skilled, what you have in your pocket has nothing to do with it.

No, it means you are somewhat skilled, what you have in your pocket has nothing to do with it.

Somewhat agree. Skill comes from experience, I wasn't always experienced. Old saying goes " I would rather be lucky than good" I have had situations where those words were true.

Not anymore.

l believe in the evil eye .but it is a fact , not a superstition.

And not just a fact, but a job requirement, in some places:

evileye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom