• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are You Still Getting Your Tax Cut?

So what of the 2017 tax cut?

• I believe my tax cuts expire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe my tax cuts continue.

• Biden did a good job of making people pay for his spending.

• We're still bleeding.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Hey dupes, I heard that the tax cuts for the middle and lower class were set to expire, while the tax cut for the upper class continue.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone know Biden's piecemeal job of paying for his spending?

Hey dupes, I heard that the tax cuts for the middle and lower class were set to expire, while the tax cut for the upper class continue.

Could you...point us to where you heard this?

Last year was not a good tax year for me, looking like it will be worse this year.

We do know he has raised taxes like we said he would when he lied and said no one under 400K will pay more.

He lied.

We do know he has raised taxes like we said he would when he lied and said no one under 400K will pay more.

He lied.
He should have torn up the 2017 whole, but no, piss everybody off.

He was like Obama saying, "You can keep your insurance." The pissing thing is going to run out.

Could you...point us to where you heard this?
No, a reliable friend, not that I count the message reliable, so I'm here to find out and rant about it.

Many tax cut provisions, especially income tax cuts, will expire in 2025, and starting in 2021 will increase over time; by 2027 this would affect an estimated 65% of the population and in that same year the law's provisions are set to be fully enacted, but the corporate tax cuts are permanent.

As far as "dupes"?

There's definitely one in this conversation, but I don't think it's me.

He lied.
Joe's not the liar in that post.

1672614347718.png

For most people the differences between 2023 and 2025 are negligible

Also this was passed in 2017, before Biden’s term.

Last edited:

Really? How did your “hear” of that?

Some the “Trump” FIT tax rate cuts, made in the TCJA, will expire after 2025.

He lied.
Please support your opinion with links. No murdoch owned media or WSJ editorial board, please. Restoring IRS to functioning level is not tax increases of
households reporting income under $400,000

I did not get one. Due to a combination of removing the exemptions and the SALT ****, our taxes went up.

He lied.

Who was president in 2017, again?

Who was president in 2017, again?

IIRC, in order to pass the TCJA using reconciliation (to avoid a filibuster) the tax law changes had to ‘sunset’ (within 10 years?).

Back
Top Bottom