• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you still a Trump Supporter?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Much to my amazement there doesn't seem to be many Trump supporters on here. I think I can maybe name three off the top of my head and a couple who I thought were Trump supporters are actually seeing the light and realizing that the man is an idiot who isn't ready to run the country.

So is DP really actually becoming void of Trump supporters?

Also if you are on any other political forums, what is your experience like on there? More or less Trump supporters than DP? You don't have to name the other forums, if you don't want to.

I just thought this would be an interesting discussion to have to see if Trump actually has any sort of online ground movement. As it seems to be most rampant on Facebook and Twitter, not necessarily people who follow politics closely and those who would go on a discussion board to learn about politics daily.

Never have been, never will be.

Much to my amazement there doesn't seem to be many Trump supporters on here. I think I can maybe name three off the top of my head and a couple who I thought were Trump supporters are actually seeing the light and realizing that the man is an idiot who isn't ready to run the country.

Also if you are on any other political forums, what is your experience like on there? More or less Trump supporters than DP? You don't have to name the other forums, if you don't want to.

I just thought this would be an interesting discussion to have to see if Trump actually has any sort of online ground movement. As it seems to be most rampant on Facebook and Twitter, not necessarily people who follow politics closely and those who would go on a discussion board to learn about politics daily.
Trump is the best GOP candidate in the race. I voted for him and the only other person I would have voted for was Rand Paul.

I am still a Trump supporter.

I know a number of co-workers who are still Trump supporters.

In Wisconsin, Trump still got 35% of the primary votes. http://graphics.latimes.com/election-2016-wisconsin-results/

As of this poll on 04/06/16, if Trump were the nominee 61% of Republicans polled in Wisconsin would still vote for him. Six Charts to Explain the Wisconsin Primary Results - NBC News

I have no idea what other's in this Forum think...but despite all the hype and character assassination Trump still has supporters.

As stated in another thread, I've already said all that I needed to say in counter to the anti-Trump commentary. There is really nothing more to say. :shrug:

Last edited:
I think trump will bring the change I expected from Obama. I cannot bring myself to vote for Hillary. I am not ready to give up my rights yet. I will never support rewarding criminals with citizenship while millions of people are turned denied because they respect our laws and immigration policies.

Sure, I am still here, still supporting Trump. Maybe with a little less vigour, his chances of getting the chair have gone down, and it is all his fault. But you know what? Bernie has done very well, I did not think he had this fight in him, though his political skill still suck, so my disappointment in Trump is balanced out pretty well. I am very happy with how things have been going and I think that maybe the best thing for the Rebellion is if the R's outright steal the nomination from Trump. I can count on the D's to do it to Sanders, hell they would even if Clinton was on charges, they would find a way to not nominate Sanders, who clearly does not want the job anyways.

I think it is likely that I care less about the show till the convention.

But I cant wait to see that!

Last edited:
Never been a Trump supporter...never will be.

From my personal contacts...there do seem to be fewer people supporting him...but the ones who do, seem to be even stronger in their support.

I'm hoping Hillary Clinton is our next president, so I'm kinda enjoying the carnage over there no matter who eventually wins.

I think trump will bring the change I expected from Obama. I cannot bring myself to vote for Hillary. I am not ready to give up my rights yet. I will never support rewarding criminals with citizenship while millions of people are turned denied because they respect our laws and immigration policies.

Why do you think trump has a better shot than Obama? They basically have the same naive attitude towards what they can accomplish. Obama has sort of become an elite while still not bothering to have accomplished much change and something tells me Trump won't be able to shed his renegade image which may be fun but would be disastrous for most government functions. I don't see trump handling defeat well. He never has and once you are the president you are bound to be defeated at some point. Trump can't beat Hillary tho

Personally, I think there are a LOT more Trump supporters than anyone thinks. You won't hear from them because it's so damn chic to hate on Trump. To say you support Trump is to open yourself up to personal attacks, and baseless hyper-partisan sycophantic nonsense.

Why do you think trump has a better shot than Obama? They basically have the same naive attitude towards what they can accomplish. Obama has sort of become an elite while still not bothering to have accomplished much change and something tells me Trump won't be able to shed his renegade image which may be fun but would be disastrous for most government functions. I don't see trump handling defeat well. He never has and once you are the president you are bound to be defeated at some point. Trump can't beat Hillary tho

I think he is using the media. He knows he will not get the party support unless he becomes their puppet like Hillary. He doesn't want to spend his money so that leaves free media coverage. He knows the media has no interest in what is good for America. Now outrageous hype, racial line walking, and any other ridiculous actions and that make for good news for the majority of people who are lucky to know who is even running. He may use the media to force congress to do what is good tor America and not just what is politically correct.

Personally, I think there are a LOT more Trump supporters than anyone thinks. You won't hear from them because it's so damn chic to hate on Trump. To say you support Trump is to open yourself up to personal attacks, and baseless hyper-partisan sycophantic nonsense.

You won't hear from them?! Are you serious? Trump supporters have no trouble identifying themselves. They just aren't on this forum for some reason. Maybe because they DO come across as utter fools spouting his talking points worse and more dumbed down than any other candidate they may have supported in the past. So they end up getting banned.

You might want to get your mental state evaluated if you think people are only against trump because of baseless nonsense. It's so easy to find one small thing wrong with trump but I won't go into that unless you want me to.

I was open to Trump for awhile, but when debate-after-debate transpired where he was short on details it became obvious he wasn't interested in advancing the conservative cause. We still don't know what kind of Supreme Court Justice he would nominate. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he can't manage a campaign. That means the Presidency is totally out of his league.

I think he is using the media. He knows he will not get the party support unless he becomes their puppet like Hillary. He doesn't want to spend his money so that leaves free media coverage. He knows the media has no interest in what is good for America. Now outrageous hype, racial line walking, and any other ridiculous actions and that make for good news for the majority of people who are lucky to know who is even running. He may use the media to force congress to do what is good tor America and not just what is politically correct.

Obama used the media too and then shut them out once he became president. The media have a hard time ever getting ahold of Obama now and they actually like him!!!

No one in the media except for a few right wingers on Fox News likes trump or his ideas. You can hear it in their voices when they mockingly question him. "Do you really think that Mr. Trump?" "How can you realistically do this Mr. Trump?"

Either way the media is only so powerful even if they liked his ideas. Why do you think trump has a better chance at changing things? You never answered my question

I was open to Trump for awhile, but when debate-after-debate transpired where he was short on details it became obvious he wasn't interested in advancing the conservative cause. We still don't know what kind of Supreme Court Justice he would nominate. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he can't manage a campaign. That means the Presidency is totally out of his league.

You can only say you are going to learn everything about a subject and will know more than anybody so many times. That has pretty much became his standard answer.

Eventually you are going to have to reveal your poker hand.

I'm not a Trump supporter or a Cruz supporter or a Sanders supporter or a Hillary supporter...or a supporter of anybody else...for one very simple reason: I'm not a member of any herd...I mean...Party. Because of that, I have no say in the selection of anybody for any Party nomination. So, I'm just biding my time and waiting to see who the herd...I mean...Party members end up selecting.

One thing I can say right now is that I will never vote for any Democrat and I will never vote for Cruz. Other than that, my mind isn't made up.

I'm not a Trump supporter or a Cruz supporter or a Sanders supporter or a Hillary supporter...or a supporter of anybody else...for one very simple reason: I'm not a member of any herd...I mean...Party. Because of that, I have no say in the selection of anybody for any Party nomination. So, I'm just biding my time and waiting to see who the herd...I mean...Party members end up selecting.

One thing I can say right now is that I will never vote for any Democrat and I will never vote for Cruz. Other than that, my mind isn't made up.

Well that eliminates three of the clowns from the car. Now you are just down to the one with clown makeup all over his face.

Obama used the media too and then shut them out once he became president. The media have a hard time ever getting ahold of Obama now and they actually like him!!!

No one in the media except for a few right wingers on Fox News likes trump or his ideas. You can hear it in their voices when they mockingly question him. "Do you really think that Mr. Trump?" "How can you realistically do this Mr. Trump?"

Either way the media is only so powerful even if they liked his ideas. Why do you think trump has a better chance at changing things? You never answered my question

Trump has a better chance of changing things because no lobbyists gave him any campaign money . at least so far.
Also he apparently has a lot of the populace behind him at least to a degree.

I'm not saying he has the best ideas. But I do not believe any other candidate will change anything of any significance.

I am a Kasich supporter then a Cruz supporter and then a Trump supporter. If the only realistic choice is between Trump and Hildabeast, lots of us will be Trump supporters. He may end up being a disaster in office but Cankles has already proven to be a disaster. Trump MIGHT be OK as president and that is a hell of a lot better a promise than what Hildabeast offers us

Did you really have to ask?

Trump has a better chance of changing things because no lobbyists gave him any campaign money . at least so far.
Also he apparently has a lot of the populace behind him at least to a degree.

I'm not saying he has the best ideas. But I do not believe any other candidate will change anything of any significance.

Now a politician would argue that with lobbyists by their side, they have a better chance to change things. Because Trump appears to have no one. That does not make it any easier for others to listen to him or agree with him. He's said himself that he was his own adviser. Well Trump is not running for dictator... Don't think Trump doesn't have advisers or billionaire confidants. After all, he is friendly with the Clintons. Trump also claims to know the best people, but then why doesn't he get competent social media or campaign people?? He constantly names people who he likes during speeches ETC... The lobbyist play is getting old and frankly it doesn't make any sense with the question. How will Trump have an easier time changing things without lobbyists? It doesn't make sense to me.

Well that eliminates three of the clowns from the car. Now you are just down to the one with clown makeup all over his face.

Not necessarily...

It's possible more clowns will climb out of the car. They can pack a lot of those guys in there, you know.

There's a reason for my title in my user panel.

You won't hear from them?! Are you serious? Trump supporters have no trouble identifying themselves. They just aren't on this forum for some reason. Maybe because they DO come across as utter fools spouting his talking points worse and more dumbed down than any other candidate they may have supported in the past. So they end up getting banned.

You might want to get your mental state evaluated if you think people are only against trump because of baseless nonsense. It's so easy to find one small thing wrong with trump but I won't go into that unless you want me to.

Hey, thank you for completely validating my post.

Back
Top Bottom