• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you scared of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?

Are you scared of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?

• Total voters

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, are you?

Ooh, yes. Save me, Jesus!

vergiss said:
Ooh, yes. Save me, Jesus!
Jesus?
Im sorry, I can't have your Jewbabies now.

Caine said:
Jesus?
Im sorry, I can't have your Jewbabies now.

Wait, which of us has the uterus? :shock:

vergiss said:
Wait, which of us has the uterus? :shock:
Blah! I worded that wrong!

teacher said:
Not while folks like Rummy and GySgt have the watch. No Sir.

What? Your not scared?

YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY
YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY!
TREASON! ANTI-AMERICAN!
YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY!

Caine said:
What? Your not scared?

YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY
YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY!
TREASON! ANTI-AMERICAN!
YOUR AIDING THE ENEMY!

Obviously I'm missing something here. I'm not scared. No Sir. I could interpret your words many ways. Why don't you narrow it down for me.

For now. This way. The enemy is there. I know this. He can take me at any time. My very freedom gives him the advantage. Identify him for me and he becomes the hunted. I can take him at any time. Any man can take any man if he so chooses. That is the way of things. In the end, those of us with skills dictate the outcome by our choice. It is in the choosing that separates us. So then are you asking me if I should be scared of another mans choice? Maybe I should be. But then I am a man. If I did not have children I would fear nothing. I've lost one child. I still have three. The reality of fear has manifested itself for me. I have more fear than your tiny little debating politics mind can fathom. Only those in my position can comprehend this. We are a pitiful lot. Yet we know oh so much more than you. If you are one of those like me I apologize. So I fear for my daughters. Refine your question Caine. With or without children. Aren't you glad I normally stick to telling stupid jokes? You don't deserve such wisdom. (Insert standard galenrox rant here).

teacher said:
Obviously I'm missing something here. I'm not scared. No Sir. I could interpret your words many ways. Why don't you narrow it down for me.

For now. This way. The enemy is there. I know this. He can take me at any time. My very freedom gives him the advantage. Identify him for me and he becomes the hunted. I can take him at any time. Any man can take any man if he so chooses. That is the way of things. In the end, those of us with skills dictate the outcome by our choice. It is in the choosing that separates us. So then are you asking me if I should be scared of another mans choice? Maybe I should be. But then I am a man. If I did not have children I would fear nothing. I've lost one child. I still have three. The reality of fear has manifested itself for me. I have more fear than your tiny little debating politics mind can fathom. Only those in my position can comprehend this. We are a pitiful lot. Yet we know oh so much more than you. If you are one of those like me I apologize. So I fear for my daughters. Refine your question Caine. With or without children. Aren't you glad I normally stick to telling stupid jokes? You don't deserve such wisdom. (Insert standard galenrox rant here).

How about...

for starters...

before we spy on American citizens... we secure our borders... borders from which any faction of actual terrorists could sneak through with a dirty fusion bomb or even a legitimate fission bomb. Instead of securing our borders... let's just attack those who may be dissidents of the Bush administration. Let me ask the husband of my former colleague what he thinks? Let's leave the intelligence up to the intelligent, no?

Last edited:
Caine said:
Well, are you?

No of course not in fact terrorism is a myth that Bush made up to subvert the freedoms of the American populace and an excuse to get Saddam for him trying to kill his father, you know those more than ten thousand terrorist attacks within the last five years alone? Well they never happened and are all just wag the dog fairy tales that only happened in the minds of paranoid delusionals who don't accept what we; THE RIGHTOUS LEFT, have to say as Dogma simply because we said it. In fact Osamma bin Laden works for Bush they're best friends, 9-11? It happened but ony because Bush planted the explosives for the Illuminati to secure their plans of world domination, it was all according to PNAC's plan, it's true I read it on the internet. Sayyid Qutb, the Islamic brotherhood, and his millions of followers wanting to bring down all non-Islamic governments and replace them with Islamic-Fascist dictatorial theocracies? It's a myth, April fools, Bush tricked ya nana-na na na. Zarqawi and the beheadings? Those were just good special effects, looked real huh??? I mean how could the noble but oppresed Islamo-fascists perpetrate such hanous crimes when we all know that Bush and America are the real terrorists?

Have fun with this people these were all things I've heard the delusional left say on this site since my time here, pretty crazy when you look at it from that angle huh???

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
No of course not in fact terrorism is a myth that Bush made up to subvert the freedoms of the American populace and an excuse to get Saddam for him trying to kill his father, you know those more than ten thousand terrorist attacks within the last five years alone? Well they never happened and are all just wag the dog fairy tales that only happened in the minds of paranoid delusionals who don't accept what we; THE RIGHTOUS LEFT, have to say as Dogma simply because we said it. In fact Osamma bin Laden works for Bush they're best friends, 9-11? It happened but ony because Bush planted the explosives for the Illuminati to secure their plans of world domination, it was all according to PNAC's plan, it's true I read it on the internet. Sayyid Qutb, the Islamic brotherhood, and his millions of followers wanting to bring down all non-Islamic governments and replace them with Islamic-Fascist dictatorial theocracies? It's a myth, April fools, Bush tricked ya nana-na na na. Zarqawi and the beheadings? Those were just good special effects, looked real huh??? I mean how could the noble but oppresed Islamo-fascists perpetrate such hanous crimes when we all know that Bush and America are the real terrorists?

Have fun with this people these were all things I've heard the delusional left say on this site since my time here, pretty crazy when you look at it from that angle huh???

Most of the conspiracy nuts, at least those of the illuminati-are-trying-to-sap-and-impurify-our-precious-bodily-fluids variety, are actually on the far right of the political spectrum, a la the John Birch Society.

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
Most of the conspiracy nuts, at least those of the illuminati-are-trying-to-sap-and-impurify-our-precious-bodily-fluids variety, are actually on the far right of the political spectrum, a la the John Birch Society.

I'm not talking about conspiracy theorists I'm talking about your average run of the mill Democrats that hate Bush so much that they actually believe that terrorism is some sort of myth created by the Bush administration, have you been on a college campus recently? This thread is proof of that assertion, 'Middle Eastern Boogey Man?' So terrorism isn't real now? That's the same type of thinking that existed for 8 years under Clinton that led to 9-11 it's really unbelievable how short the American attention span really is.

you know those more than ten thousand terrorist attacks within the last five years alone?

So is in one thousand, or ten thousand? Or do you just pull new numbers out of your arse in every thread?

vergiss said:
So is in one thousand, or ten thousand? Or do you just pull new numbers out of your arse in every thread?

I gave you a link with countries, dates, and casualties and it was so huge that it would have taken up about twenty pages of this thread you chose to ignore it fine for you.

I gave you a link with countries, dates, and casualties and it was so huge that it would have taken up about twenty pages of this thread you chose to ignore it fine for you.

Fine, don't answer my question.

Conflict said:
How about...

for starters...

before we spy on American citizens... we secure our borders... borders from which any faction of actual terrorists could sneak through with a dirty fusion bomb or even a legitimate fission bomb. Instead of securing our borders... let's just attack those who may be dissidents of the Bush administration. Let me ask the husband of my former colleague what he thinks? Let's leave the intelligence up to the intelligent, no?

So you're calling me stupid. Upstairs. So who is what now? You tried this bullshit before. I took you to the woodshed just to hear you whine, "let's just get along". And now here you are again. Copy/paste this to the Top Ten thread. And then I'll copy/paste the whole sordid affair. Every word between us, begining to end. For all to see, and judge. And then I'll continue it. Copy/paste don't lie Conflict. It's all there in vagues memory. I'll expose you, again. Or you can shut up. Your choice. Ask Champs how this works. He knows.

I think that it is hilarious that you would think im a conspiracy theorist from the simply question, "Are you afraid of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?"
I haven't posted anything more than that on this thread. Its kinda lame actually, it just goes to show anything that doesn't sound like sucking GWB's testicles is Anti-American, Traitor, Conspiracy Theory, Defeatist Attitude right?
Your really rather pathetic.
Nowhere did I say Terrorism does not exist.
Nowhere did I say that GWB or our country caused 9/11.
So.. Where ARE you pulling this crap out of, if not your arse (as vergiss put it).

I guess because Im being honest about the fact that we are constantly reminded of the Middle Eastern boogey man, with the "Terror Alert" blasted all over TV, constant reminders of "9/11" here and "9/11" there, It would be safe to assume that the government wants to keep everyone constantly reminded that we were attacked by terrorists at one point. The problem comes from the fact that anyone who speaks a hint of doubt or a hint of something other than what GWB himself constantly says is aiding the enemy, called anti-american, etc.

Its funny that I haven't even made any real posts in this thead yet except asking the question and a few posts of humor, and yet so many people are all angry about it, Im just asking a question, why is everyone getting so defensive I wonder???????

Caine said:
I think that it is hilarious that you would think im a conspiracy theorist from the simply question, "Are you afraid of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?"
I haven't posted anything more than that on this thread. Its kinda lame actually, it just goes to show anything that doesn't sound like sucking GWB's testicles is Anti-American, Traitor, Conspiracy Theory, Defeatist Attitude right?
Your really rather pathetic.
Nowhere did I say Terrorism does not exist.Nowhere did I say that GWB or our country caused 9/11.
So.. Where ARE you pulling this crap out of, if not your arse (as vergiss put it).

I guess because Im being honest about the fact that we are constantly reminded of the Middle Eastern boogey man, with the "Terror Alert" blasted all over TV, constant reminders of "9/11" here and "9/11" there, It would be safe to assume that the government wants to keep everyone constantly reminded that we were attacked by terrorists at one point. The problem comes from the fact that anyone who speaks a hint of doubt or a hint of something other than what GWB himself constantly says is aiding the enemy, called anti-american, etc.

Its funny that I haven't even made any real posts in this thead yet except asking the question and a few posts of humor, and yet so many people are all angry about it, Im just asking a question, why is everyone getting so defensive I wonder???????

Terrorism does exist, you implied that it is only a myth through reffering it as an imaginary character that is used to scare children .

Guess what? There have been about ten terrorist attacks on U.S. soil that have been prevented on U.S. soil since 9-11, terrorism is real and you're trying to tell people that they should revert back to the pre-9-11 complacency that allowed 9-11 to happen in the first place hay hay thumbs up dude sorry if I don't jump on the insane train with you.

Terrorism does exist, you implied that it is only a myth through reffering it as an imaginary character that is used to scare children .
No, you assumed that I inferred it was an imaginary character.
Sorry that you can't understand sarcasm, maybe you shouldn't be here.

Guess what? There have been about ten terrorist attacks on U.S. soil that have been prevented on U.S. soil since 9-11,
Tell me where you got this information
terrorism is real and you're trying to tell people that they should revert back to the pre-9-11 complacency that allowed 9-11 to happen in the first place hay hay thumbs up dude sorry if I don't jump on the insane train with you.
Sorry if I don't jump on the chicken $hit, afraid of every middle easterner I see train.

I am scared. I fear another 9/11 type of an attack.

Caine said:
No, you assumed that I inferred it was an imaginary character.
Sorry that you can't understand sarcasm, maybe you shouldn't be here.

Sarcasm? Boogey Man - an imaginary phantom used to scare small children into not misbehaving.

Where's the sarcasm in comparing terrorism to the Boogey Man?

Tell me where you got this information

The Justice Department:

Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales Highlights Success in the War on Terror at the Council on Foreign Relations
The prevention of terrorist attacks and the prosecution of the war on terrorism remain the top priorities of the Department of Justice. In the past year alone, there have been significant convictions in terrorism cases from Virginia to Texas, following a track record of success over the past four years in previous cases such as John Walker Lindh, Zacarias Moussaoui and Richard Reid, among others.

Notable 2005 cases include: Ahmed Omar Abu Ali: On November 22, 2005 in the Eastern District of Virginia, a federal jury convicted Ahmed Omar Abu Ali on all counts of a superseding indictment charging him with terrorism offenses. The jury found Ali, a 24-year-old Virginia man, guilty of conspiracy to provide material support and resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization (al Qaeda); providing material support and resources to al Qaeda; conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists; providing material support to terrorists; contribution of services to al Qaeda; receipt of funds and services from al Qaeda; conspiracy to assassinate the President of the United States; conspiracy to commit air piracy; and conspiracy to destroy aircraft. Ali faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years in prison and a maximum sentence of life in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for February 17, 2006. Uzair Paracha: On November 23, 2005, a federal jury in the Southern District of New York convicted Uzair Paracha, a Pakistani national with permanent resident alien status in the United States, on charges of providing material support to al Qaeda. Evidence at trial proved that Paracha agreed with his father and two al Qaeda members to provide support to al Qaeda by, among other things, trying to help an al Qaeda member re-enter the United States to commit a terrorist act. Paracha faces a maximum sentence of 75 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for March 3, 2006.

Hemant Lakhani: On April 27, 2005 in the District of New Jersey, a federal jury convicted a British national, Hemant Lakhani, on charges of attempting to sell shoulder-fired missiles to what he thought was a terrorist group intent on shooting down U.S. airliners. Lakhani was arrested following an undercover sting operation involving agents from several nations. Lakhani was sentenced in September 2005 to 47 years in prison.

Ali Al-Timimi: On April 26, 2005 in the Eastern District of Virginia, Ali Al-Timimi was convicted on all 10 charges brought against him in connection with the “Virginia Jihad” case. Al-Timimi, a spiritual leader at a mosque in Northern Virginia, encouraged other individuals at a meeting to go to Pakistan to receive military training from Lashkar-e-Taibi, a designated foreign terrorist group, in order to fight U.S. troops in Afghanistan. Al-Timimi was sentenced to life in prison.

Zacarias Moussaoui: On April 24, 2005 in the Eastern District of Virginia, Zacarias Moussaoui pleaded guilty to six charges against him related to his participation in the September 11th conspiracy. Moussaoui faces a maximum penalty of death.

Eric Robert Rudolph: On April 13, 2005 in the Northern District of Georgia and the Northern District of Alabama, Eric Robert Rudolph pleaded guilty to charges related to deadly bombings in Birmingham, Alabama, and in the Atlanta area, including the bombing at the 1996 Olympics. He has been sentenced to life in prison. Rudolph provided the government with information about 250 pounds of explosives that he had hidden in the Western North Carolina area. As a result of Rudolph’s information, the government was able to locate and safely detonate the explosives.

‘INFOCOM’: On April 12, 2005 in the Northern District of Texas, a federal jury convicted Bayan Elashi, Basman Elashi, Ghassan Elashi and the Infocom Corporation on charges of conspiracy to deal in the property of a specially designated terrorist and money laundering. The activities were related to Infocom, an Internet service provider believed to be a front for Hamas. Mohammed Ali Hasan Al-Moayad and Mohammed Zayed: On March 10, 2005 a federal jury in the Eastern District of New York convicted Mohammed Ali Hasan Al-Moayad, a Yemeni cleric, and Mohammed Zayed on charges of providing, and conspiring to provide material support and resources to al Qaeda and Hamas. Al-Moayad was sentenced to 75 years in prison; Zayed was sentenced to 45 years in prison.

Rafil Dhafir: On February 10, 2005 in the Northern District of New York, a federal jury convicted Rafil Dhafir on charges of participating in a conspiracy to unlawfully send money to Iraq, in violation of U.S. sanctions, and money laundering. Dhafir was sentenced to 22 years in prison. Lynne Stewart, et al: On February 10, 2005, a federal jury in the Southern District of New York convicted attorney Lynne Stewart, Mohammed Yousry, Ahmed Abdel Sattar and Yassir al-Sirri on charges including providing, and concealing the provision of, material support or resources to terrorists. The four defendants were associates of Sheikh Abdel-Rahman, leader of the terrorist organization Islamic Group (IG). Rahman is serving a life sentence for his role in terrorist activity, including the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/Dec...5_opa_641.html

Sorry if I don't jump on the chicken $hit, afraid of every middle easterner I see train.

No you're on the ignore the problem and hope it go's away train.

Conflict, you and I are going to disagree on this "government spying on American citizens" deal..
I hold that our government must do this, even if I feel, under better conditions, it is wrong..

Our government must do everything possible to see that we win this was...

I feel that this war on terrorism, particularly Islamic terrorism is a very real and serious thing - not only the 9-11 attacks, but, lets face it, Israel and our nation are in this together !

I'm not talking about conspiracy theorists I'm talking about your average run of the mill Democrats that hate Bush so much that they actually believe that terrorism is some sort of myth created by the Bush administration, have you been on a college campus recently? This thread is proof of that assertion, 'Middle Eastern Boogey Man?' So terrorism isn't real now? That's the same type of thinking that existed for 8 years under Clinton that led to 9-11 it's really unbelievable how short the American attention span really is.

How can you blame this on Clinton? Seriously. I don't/didn't like the man. But how in the hell is any of this his fault? He didn't attack Iraq while leaving our borders open... under the veil of "terrorism". There were no terrorist attacks during his reign... save OKC. A domestic attack. You seem to have it ass backward.

Lol.. the Media is an avenue of terror... they relay the message from Bush...

THe message comes in different forms... but the gist of it all is... to....

Be Afraid of the Boogey Man!

True patriots have no need to fear for they are just in their actions. Only the guilty have such fear.

earthworm said:
Conflict, you and I are going to disagree on this "government spying on American citizens" deal..
I hold that our government must do this, even if I feel, under better conditions, it is wrong..

Our government must do everything possible to see that we win this was...

I feel that this war on terrorism, particularly Islamic terrorism is a very real and serious thing - not only the 9-11 attacks, but, lets face it, Israel and our nation are in this together !

Perhaps it's not that the NSA doesn't do it by the virtue of the redflag....

But why the hell would the president claim that it is of his own executive order, in specific terms, without at least consulting FISA?

This is completely different. Echelon.. the whole syntactical systemt that exists at the NSA is meant to monitor redflags (algorithmic sequences) and not the general communication of (subjectively targeted) American citizens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom