• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you scared of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?

Are you scared of the Middle Eastern Boogey Man?

• Total voters
vergiss said:
Why the black and white? There's a middle ground between doing nothing and taking it too far.
Read Caine's statement again...

Terrorist - a middle eastern man used to scare citizens of a nation into giving up thier civil liberties for the "security" of the nation, while failing to adhere to any suggestions of the 9/11 comission and recieving an "F" grade on the nation's security reportcard.

When I wrote...Accordng to that logic, we should be doing nothing, because there is no threat..., did you see that little smilie afterward?:)roll: )

That means I don't agree...The issue is NOT black and white as was the intention of the post I responded to...

There are some here that believe that things are being "taken too far"...I am not one of them, and whether or not you agree with that stance, it is nothing more than an opinion...

Sometimes, and I really do believe that this is the case with some here, the ONLY issue they really have is due to the fact that the person people accuse of "taking things too far" has an (R) after his name...If there was a (D), many opinions would automatically change...

There are examples from both sides of agreeing or disagreeing with a politician's position based purely on political affiliation...

And this thread reeks of it...

cnredd said:
Read Caine's statement again...

Terrorist - a middle eastern man used to scare citizens of a nation into giving up thier civil liberties for the "security" of the nation, while failing to adhere to any suggestions of the 9/11 comission and recieving an "F" grade on the nation's security reportcard.

When I wrote...Accordng to that logic, we should be doing nothing, because there is no threat..., did you see that little smilie afterward?:)roll: )

That means I don't agree...The issue is NOT black and white as was the intention of the post I responded to...

There are some here that believe that things are being "taken too far"...I am not one of them, and whether or not you agree with that stance, it is nothing more than an opinion...

Sometimes, and I really do believe that this is the case with some here, the ONLY issue they really have is due to the fact that the person people accuse of "taking things too far" has an (R) after his name...If there was a (D), many opinions would automatically change...

There are examples from both sides of agreeing or disagreeing with a politician's position based purely on political affiliation...

And this thread reeks of it...
Obviously people take my sarcasm too far.

BUT, it is a trend I tend to notice, that many people on this site tend to use the phrases "very real threat" and "clear and present danger to the US" so often that it seems that they are afraid of terrorism. There is no reason to live your life in constant fear of being attacked by a middle easterner, and if you continue to use 9/11 as an excuse for every single mishap, its like a child making the same lame excuse over and over and over. Yes, 9/11 was horrible, but its been 4 years, its time to find another excuse for the mistakes. Its time to find another excuse for violating the civil liberties of the people. Its time to find another excuse for everything. I am NOT saying to forget about 9/11, but it isn't the reason for everything. I am NOT saying to forget about 9/11, but it is no reason to remain in constant fear of terrorism.
SOME people on this site tend to spit Un-American, Un-Patriotic, and Treason, or AIDING THE ENEMY, around every time someone criticizes the government, give me a break. For example, because Im saying that we shouldn't go around living in fear of terrorism and using 9/11 as an excuse for everything, I am aiding the enemy, This has already been said before. I never once stated that Al Qaeda does not exist, that was ASSumed by someone, very similar to conservatives in Washington, by someone who wishes to twist someone's statement, more specifically a sarcastic remark at that, into something it isnt for his own political gain. Thats irresponsible, and extremely dishonest of them.

If you don't like it, you can.......

Back
Top Bottom