• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you saved?

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm sure everyone understands the tribal mentality that is ingrained in humanity as a means of self-preservation. In many cases, this is a good thing. I am in favor of Nationalism, which could be considered "tribal mentality" because when people do not have pride in their country and feel it should be a United Nations, the tribe is diluted and an individual has no loyalty when all of the customs, rituals, holidays, etc. of that country (tribe) are deleted. That is for another discussion, however.

Here in the United States, the two competing philosophies are right and left and if you are on the right you are expected to believe certain things. If the board didn't know, they would expect that I am a knuckle-dragging Christian because I am a conservative and therefore that I believe in the contrived Christian God. I risk incurring the wrath of my "tribe" when I express my nonbeliefs in the bible and Christian God. Some posters here hate it when I post about how much their tribe has stolen the indoctrination methods of Christianity when they use guilt, fear, and shame to control the nonbelievers of their philosophy.

In days of old, Christians would ask complete strangers, "Are you saved" and the smart ones would say "Oh, yes, I believe Jesus saves". They know if they didn't all hell would break loose like AOC or Mayor Lightfoot going off on a white person. Saying you are "saved" allowed you to not incur the wrath or even being killed by a rabid Christian. Enter the NEW left who adopted the same tactics. WHAT could they do to force people to believe and be saved? An X on one's forehead would not be tolerated. Wearing brown shirts to show solidarity to the left is impractical. So WHAT would do it. How could they force compliance and tribal solidarity? A MASK!! The mask is the sign of the cross. It identifies a believer and allows all those who claim they "work" to be self-satisfied that they have convinced their brethren that "Jesus saves". While most all leftists don't believe in a heaven or hell, they need a cause and a purpose and that is to save humanity. That could be from climate change, conservatives, capitalism, hunger, any sort of inconvenience.

So, just as "Jesus saves"......."Masks saves"

Since I have pissed off both sides here, I doubt this OP will have legs. That's the way tribalism works. There is no good or bad to discuss. It just is. Facts are that way.

I think that masks are useful...if someone is wearing one outside that person is marked out as a retard until I hear a good explanation...😇

I'm sure everyone understands the tribal mentality that is ingrained in humanity as a means of self-preservation. In many cases, this is a good thing. I am in favor of Nationalism, which could be considered "tribal mentality" because when people do not have pride in their country and feel it should be a United Nations, the tribe is diluted and an individual has no loyalty when all of the customs, rituals, holidays, etc. of that country (tribe) are deleted. That is for another discussion, however.

Here in the United States, the two competing philosophies are right and left and if you are on the right you are expected to believe certain things. If the board didn't know, they would expect that I am a knuckle-dragging Christian because I am a conservative and therefore that I believe in the contrived Christian God. I risk incurring the wrath of my "tribe" when I express my nonbeliefs in the bible and Christian God. Some posters here hate it when I post about how much their tribe has stolen the indoctrination methods of Christianity when they use guilt, fear, and shame to control the nonbelievers of their philosophy.

In days of old, Christians would ask complete strangers, "Are you saved" and the smart ones would say "Oh, yes, I believe Jesus saves". They know if they didn't all hell would break loose like AOC or Mayor Lightfoot going off on a white person. Saying you are "saved" allowed you to not incur the wrath or even being killed by a rabid Christian. Enter the NEW left who adopted the same tactics. WHAT could they do to force people to believe and be saved? An X on one's forehead would not be tolerated. Wearing brown shirts to show solidarity to the left is impractical. So WHAT would do it. How could they force compliance and tribal solidarity? A MASK!! The mask is the sign of the cross. It identifies a believer and allows all those who claim they "work" to be self-satisfied that they have convinced their brethren that "Jesus saves". While most all leftists don't believe in a heaven or hell, they need a cause and a purpose and that is to save humanity. That could be from climate change, conservatives, capitalism, hunger, any sort of inconvenience.

Since I have pissed off both sides here, I doubt this OP will have legs. That's the way tribalism works. There is no good or bad to discuss. It just is. Facts are that way.
No it’s not the same thing. There have been numerous studies documenting the benefit of mask wearing in the fight against Covid:

What’s religious about this is the right has come to see mask wearing like Muslims view eating pork: something which only those dirty, disgusting others who are not one of us, the good tribe, do.

No it’s not the same thing. There have been numerous studies documenting the benefit of mask wearing in the fight against Covid:

What’s religious about this is the right has come to see mask wearing like Muslims view eating pork: something which only those dirty, disgusting others who are not one of us, the good tribe, do.
You are, as usual, completely wrong. We/I see masks as a control and fear mechanism instituted by power-hungry government officials to keep the masses in fear. As CNN said and promoted:

FEAR sells.

They didn't just make that up. They coordinated with the DNC to sell this fear. MSM is in constant contact with evildoers at the DNC as to the "messaging" as Mika Breziznsky of MSNBC said. It is a relationship where MSM gets the first crack at classified information and upcoming news and for that, they agree to write the headlines and stories that the DNC wants them to write. We have seen time and time ago montages of headlines that are almost identical from several anchors.

So, what happened is that MSM and the crooks and evil Democrats decided that it would be best to ruin Trump by putting everyone in FEAR...........making them wear masks was the way to do that. It is a sign of fear and a sign that government can and will control the masses when they want.

Masks work ONLY against coughs and sneezes. that's IT! That is the ONLY scientific testing ever done. The proof of this is that YOIR leader and Fausti predicted Texas would see calamity two months ago. What happened? The death rate now is zero. They haven't apologized. Nor have they apologized for their scare tactics against Florida and Arizona who have leadership that said enough of this NONSENSE....NO masks, and since then, NO problems.

But, you keep believing the propaganda fed to you daily.

Masks work ONLY against coughs and sneezes. that's IT! That is the ONLY scientific testing ever done.
Breathing and talking have also been looked at.

Do you have any links for your assertions?

Breathing and talking have also been looked at.

I have seen findings from aerobiologists that show airborne particles last a long time in the air and that they can go right through masks due to the fact they are carried on small H2O droplets. An important thing to remember is that even those blue masks have openings in both sides of the nose and cheeks that can allow huge things to pass through, I have seen many masks that would allow something as big as a marble to get through, so the mask becomes really irrelevant. NO ONE is pinching the mask close to their nose or sides of their cheeks and not everyone even wears those blue masks, anyway.

So, it's all well and good to quote doctors who say masks stop sneezes, coughs, and loud talking but they lie as usual by not telling the full story that airborne particles DO go through masks and conveniently leave out the spaces on the sides of one's nose and face that are wide as a baseball, or crappy masks.

When you consider the above FACTS along with the FACT that the states who dropped the mask requirements are doing no worse and in many cases BETTER, it is "Houston, we have a problem"

I have seen findings from aerobiologists that show airborne particles last a long time in the air and that they can go right through masks due to the fact they are carried on small H2O droplets. An important thing to remember is that even those blue masks have openings in both sides of the nose and cheeks that can allow huge things to pass through, I have seen many masks that would allow something as big as a marble to get through, so the mask becomes really irrelevant. NO ONE is pinching the mask close to their nose or sides of their cheeks and not everyone even wears those blue masks, anyway.

So, it's all well and good to quote doctors who say masks stop sneezes, coughs, and loud talking but they lie as usual by not telling the full story that airborne particles DO go through masks and conveniently leave out the spaces on the sides of one's nose and face that are wide as a baseball, or crappy masks.

When you consider the above FACTS along with the FACT that the states who dropped the mask requirements are doing no worse and in many cases BETTER, it is "Houston, we have a problem"
So if it was up to you, you would not have recommended any masking at all during the whole pandemic?

Well, the OP sure did misunderstand the point of wearing a mask.
Not just masks.

He's been wrong about a ton of stuff, is horrible at math and doesn't honor his word on this board.

So if it was up to you, you would not have recommended any masking at all during the whole pandemic?
That is true and based on the results of the states without masks, it appears they are of little benefit. Not enough to force everyone to wear them. I think they can even be a detriment because people get a false sense of security thinking masks will stop a speeding bullet or is like some Superman cape.

I stand by what aerobiologists have reported (they are specific experts in the field) along with the results of the states without masks. People can excuse the results all they want, but excuses don't change the, I think many didn't want Texas, Florida, Arizona, South Dakota, and others to go mask free because they were worried that the people there work NOT catch COVID or die in any greater numbers and they like the control and fear.

That is true and based on the results of the states without masks, it appears they are of little benefit. Not enough to force everyone to wear them. I think they can even be a detriment because people get a false sense of security thinking masks will stop a speeding bullet or is like some Superman cape.
Wearing seat belts is no magic bullet either. Should people stop wearing those too?
I stand by what aerobiologists have reported (they are specific experts in the field) along with the results of the states without masks. People can excuse the results all they want, but excuses don't change the, I think many didn't want Texas, Florida, Arizona, South Dakota, and others to go mask free because they were worried that the people there work NOT catch COVID or die in any greater numbers and they like the control and fear.
Do you have links to any of the studies by these aerobiologists?

tenor.gif

Wearing seat belts is no magic bullet either. Should people stop wearing those too?

I had them months ago and reported on them. As I recall, there was a letter to the CDC signed by many of them, and the CDC didn't reveal the information. They did so reluctantly months afterward on October of 2020 and downplayed it.

All I have to say about that study (which doesn't give the background of how they studied real humans in various settings) is:

See Texas
See South Dakota
See Florida
See Arizona

THOSE are the only studies that count, methinks. Of what use is it to have theories and conjecture and professorial water cooler talk that doesn't prove out for real? It is quite useless.

But, I detect you are one of the "saved" ones and want to save me from "going over a cliff" to quote Christians.

All I have to say about that study (which doesn't give the background of how they studied real humans in various settings) is:

See Texas
See South Dakota
See Florida
See Arizona

THOSE are the only studies that count, methinks. Of what use is it to have theories and conjecture and professorial water cooler talk that doesn't prove out for real? It is quite useless.

But, I detect you are one of the "saved" ones and want to save me from "going over a cliff" to quote Christians.

Not so much.

tenor.gif

Of course if you're going to still stick with your failed premise, you would have to ask why California is still faring better than all of the states you just sited from a transmission perspective.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 7.56.29 PM.png

I had them months ago and reported on them. As I recall, there was a letter to the CDC signed by many of them, and the CDC didn't reveal the information. They did so reluctantly months afterward on October of 2020 and downplayed it.
Interesting. So how did you get this letter? And how come these studies have not been published, but only written as a letter to the CDC? That’s a very odd way for scientists to communicate.

So again, just out of curiosity, you would have told people not to mask up during the entire pandemic? Because you know about that letter written by the “aerobiologists” all along?

So lying is the way to go? That's what I got from your post.

Not so much.

tenor.gif

Of course if you're going to still stick with your failed premise, you would have to ask why California is still faring better than all of the states you just sited from a transmission perspective.

View attachment 67334161
Please let me see your analysis of why California is doing so much better than New York, Mass. Michigan, Philadelphia considering their mask requirements are essentially the same. I imagine that either you or some lab wonk has done studies and mathematical equations such as: population density + mask wearing minus law breakers times public transportation usage + immigration, less outflow, divided by the square root of Pi, etc.

await your science on the matter. Your charts are pretty though. Kudos.

Interesting. So how did you get this letter? And how come these studies have not been published, but only written as a letter to the CDC? That’s a very odd way for scientists to communicate.
I don't have the time to dig them out right now.

So again, just out of curiosity, you would have told people not to mask up during the entire pandemic? Because you know about that letter written by the “aerobiologists” all along?
This masking up is made up and contrived. It was thought of only because they wanted to pin Covid on Trump. They successfully used that issue to defeat him. they are evil. they are devils. I detest Democrat politicians. Fausti lied about people needing to wear masks. He was right the first time he said, "Masks MAY stop a few droplets but they don't provide the protection that people think they do." Someone got to him. Since he is a liberal hack, most likely someone at the WHO or in the DNC and spanked him. Or perhaps his buddies at Pfizer or other Big Pharm big wig donaters to the CDC. "Hey, Fausti, you need to talk this stuff up. Call for masks. Get people in fear. How can we make billions and wine and dine you and your cohorts if we don't sell an expensive vaccine?"

So, a month later he lies and does an about-face and says masks DO work!! No science. No reason why he said just a few weeks before they don't really work. NO ONE in the media hammered him because he's a liberal and on their side, and CNN and MSNBS depend on fear. As the Director of CNN said, FEAR sells. They have him pass. No asking where the science was or why he changed his mind. His excuse about there being a shortage of N95 masks is as bogus as that clown is. Why don't people think logically and challenge these jerks with questions like this?:

"Fausti, are you telling the world that you told people masks are essentially useless because you were worried about a run on masks and professionals may run short? Is this what you're saying? You knew at the time that N95 masks DID work but you said they didn't because you thought the public would snap them all up? Seriously, Fausti?"

So lying is the way to go? That's what I got from your post.
My post is that TRUTH is the way to go. But to a liberal where up is down and black is white, I understand your confusion.

Back
Top Bottom