• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you ready?

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If Trump wins, are you ready to be ruled by a ruler? He who claims only he "can fix America."

One of the things he will do is suspend civil liberties and the right to have guns.

But it does appear a lot of Americans are willing to cave in.

If Trump wins, are you ready to be ruled by a ruler? He who claims only he "can fix America."

One of the things he will do is suspend civil liberties and the right to have guns.

I see, you listened to Clinton's speech. You know, I think it might have changed my mind about the lesser evil. I am no longer sure that it is Trump and that is quite a shift. Some of her policies are just horrible for the country.

No offense but are you a citizen of the United States of America? I only ask because that post could only come from someone who doesn't seem to be at all familiar with how this country works.

Do you honestly think that the citizens of our nation, imbued with a history of 300 years of democratic Republican government rife with the ideals of individual liberty, would allow any elected official become a dictator?

Do you honestly think that over 100 million individually armed citizens, many of whom go armed to prevent exactly what you are imagining, would stand by and allow a dictatorship to arise without a fight?

Do you honestly think that the armed forces of this nation would support such a situation?

Do you honestly think that TRUMP has the kind of support to become a dictator (as if he wanted to) when even those of us willing to vote for him don't expect him to last more than one 4 year term of office?

I think it's time for you to stop the hysterics and return to rational discourse on the subject or you will lose any credibility you have in this Forum. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
No offense but are you a citizen of the United States of America? I only ask because that post could only come from someone who doesn't seem to be at all familiar with how this country works.

Do you honestly think that the citizens of our nation, imbued with a history of 300 years of democratic Republican government rife with the ideals of individual liberty, would allow any elected official become a dictator?

Do you honestly think that over 100 million individually armed citizens, many of whom go armed to prevent exactly what you are imagining, would stand by and allow a dictatorship to arise without a fight?

Do you honestly think that the armed forces of this nation would support such a situation?

Do you honestly think that TRUMP has the kind of support to become a dictator (as if he wanted to) when even those of us willing to vote for him don't expect him to last more than one 4 year term of office?

I think it's time for you to stop the hysterics and return to rational discourse on the subject or you will lose any credibility you have in this Forum. :coffeepap:

How is it worded in the psych books...."You know you are close to paydirt when the ego flips into hysterics".....something like that.

That Trump turns so many people into goo is one of the ways I know that he is the right man for the job.

Desperate times call for desperate measures in the minds of many people. And rationality goes out the window. People in the old country are wondering why so many Americans seem to like Trump considering certain factors. Besides, he is a novelty. And Americans love novelty. So who knows what could happen if Trump does become president. You know the saying "It can't happen here" but did happen in other places.
The armed forces will follow its commander-in-chief whether or not they like it.

For people who vote for him but do not expect him to last more than a one 4-year term strongly implies they are willing to risk it anyway. Remember, he claims to be an outsider and that is what people are looking for. A lot of people are fed up with the way things are. But ultimately it is the voters who only have themselves to blame.

I see, you listened to Clinton's speech. You know, I think it might have changed my mind about the lesser evil. I am no longer sure that it is Trump and that is quite a shift. Some of her policies are just horrible for the country.

In your way of thinking, who is the lesser of the two evils? How did America come to this situation?

Desperate times call for desperate measures in the minds of many people. And rationality goes out the window. People in the old country are wondering why so many Americans seem to like Trump considering certain factors. Besides, he is a novelty. And Americans love novelty. So who knows what could happen if Trump does become president. You know the saying "It can't happen here" but did happen in other places.
The armed forces will follow its commander-in-chief whether or not they like it.

For people who vote for him but do not expect him to last more than a one 4-year term strongly implies they are willing to risk it anyway. Remember, he claims to be an outsider and that is what people are looking for. A lot of people are fed up with the way things are. But ultimately it is the voters who only have themselves to blame.

or alternately take the credit when the Trump Gambit makes America a better place.

Time will tell.

Trump isn't the one who thinks we should be looking into Australia style mandatory gun buybacks (aka confiscation)

Project much? What civil liberties do you think she gives a **** about? Certainly not the 2nd Amendment, or privacy.

iakns.jpg

You know...anybody can say that someone is going to do something, especially when they don't provide any evidence.

For example, I can say that Hillary, if elected, is going to outlaw all pitbulls (something I would wholeheartedly support). But damn...there doesn't seem to be any supporting data that my contention is correct. Just as the fact that you have provided nothing to support your contentions about Trump.

So...given all that, I can only conclude...until you provide credible support for your contention...you are engaging in thread-baiting.

You are dismissed.

you-are-dismissed-749788.jpg

The Armed Forces will not follow a CIC who attempts to overthrow our government.

I'm ready to see Hillary Clinton win in November.

And she will win.

Wait and see.

You have no idea how this country works. There are many checks and balances so that someone can't become a dictator. The conspiracy forum is farther down. If you want to talk about how Trump could go down in history as being the worst president in history then that's one thing but to imply that he is going to become dictator only means that the guys in the white suits are surrounding your house right now to take you away to the loony tune bin.

Back
Top Bottom