• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you ready for the civil war?

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

Stewart rhodes was living his vision of the future. On television, American cities were burning, while on the internet, rumors warned that antifa bands were coming to terrorize the suburbs. Rhodes was driving around South Texas, getting ready for them. He answered his phone. “Let’s not **** around,” he said. “We’ve descended into civil war.”

Great article in the Atlantic about the Oath Keepers.

The creator of the group wears an eyepatch. It looks badass. But when you find out how he lost his eye, not so much.

During the Bundy standoff, when militia groups defended the Bundy ranch against the Bureau of Land Management. Rhodes ordered his troops to withdraw. He had got information that Obama was about to launch a drone strike on them.

The Oath Keeper database was hacked and the membership list is now out on the internet for all to see.

And much more.

Civil War? Why bother? Just let red states secede. Blue states carry this country. Red states take a hell of a lot more in federal spending in than they send in federal tax dollars. Buh-bye takers. Just don't come a'begging.

Civil War? Why bother? Just let red states secede. Blue states carry this country. Red states take a hell of a lot more in federal spending in than they send in federal tax dollars. Buh-bye takers. Just don't come a'begging.
Problem is that there truly are no Red or Blue States unless you look at the voting trends, most states when broken down by county are Purple. Case in point, Texas was a traditionally a Blue State, then in the 70s it went Red and has been since, but today it is nearly equally divided mainly along Urban and Rural lines, and the trend is pointing to the State becoming blue in the next few years if not this year. So dividing the Nation simply based on todays politics is not a good qualifier.
As for a civil war, no one is ready for what that would mean, but add up all the other wars this nations has fought, including the first civil war and you still would not come close the toll in deaths and destruction this Nation would suffer. I seriously doubt the vast majority of Americans would want any such thing and any group or political organization that tried it would be put down harshly and any survivors would live out their days in a Federal Prison. That is what is going to happen to those boys in Michigan, they will be tried, convicted and sent to a Federal Prison for the rest of their miserable lives. But if people want to see one occur, get trump to pardon these domestic terrorists and see what happens next, it might not be a civil war but Washington would be a very unsafe place to be, especially anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Problem is that there truly are no Red or Blue States unless you look at the voting trends, most states when broken down by county are Purple. Case in point, Texas was a traditionally a Blue State, then in the 70s it went Red and has been since, but today it is nearly equally divided mainly along Urban and Rural lines, and the trend is pointing to the State becoming blue in the next few years if not this year. So dividing the Nation simply based on todays politics is not a good qualifier.
As for a civil war, no one is ready for what that would mean, but add up all the other wars this nations has fought, including the first civil war and you still would not come close the toll in deaths and destruction this Nation would suffer. I seriously doubt the vast majority of Americans would want any such thing and any group or political organization that tried it would be put down harshly and any survivors would live out their days in a Federal Prison. That is what is going to happen to those boys in Michigan, they will be tried, convicted and sent to a Federal Prison for the rest of their miserable lives. But if people want to see one occur, get trump to pardon these domestic terrorists and see what happens next, it might not be a civil war but Washington would be a very unsafe place to be, especially anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

We can repatriate non-Trumpists!

I was speaking a little tongue-in-cheek, though I am more than annoyed at the takers calling me a taker.

The Left isn't ready for a civil war. They start shitting themselves every time civil war stuff happens.

As if fat militia rednecks are actually ready for civil war. Give me a break dude. Those groups are nothing more than beer and gun clubs.

If gun-toters want to get their brains blown out in a Walmart parking lot staging a "civil war," then I'm all for it.

Expect to be able to find used pickup trucks real cheap real fast afterward.

They're almost universally fat, unhealthy, stupid people.

I am all for social darwinism cleaning that scum ring off our communal toilet.

Wendy's will suffer.

A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

Stewart rhodes was living his vision of the future. On television, American cities were burning, while on the internet, rumors warned that antifa bands were coming to terrorize the suburbs. Rhodes was driving around South Texas, getting ready for them. He answered his phone. “Let’s not **** around,” he said. “We’ve descended into civil war.”

Great article in the Atlantic about the Oath Keepers.

The creator of the group wears an eyepatch. It looks badass. But when you find out how he lost his eye, not so much.

During the Bundy standoff, when militia groups defended the Bundy ranch against the Bureau of Land Management. Rhodes ordered his troops to withdraw. He had got information that Obama was about to launch a drone strike on them.

The Oath Keeper database was hacked and the membership list is now out on the internet for all to see.

And much more.

So what part of the oath to our constitution that you don't like swingman?

On television, American cities were burning, while on the internet, rumors warned that antifa bands were coming to terrorize the suburbs

You don't have to be an OathKeeper to think that

As if fat militia rednecks are actually ready for civil war. Give me a break dude. Those groups are nothing more than beer and gun clubs.

That kinda reminds me of general Custer underestimating all the Indians(LOL)

"General, my scouts have never seen such a large Indian village"

Last edited:
Democrats obviously live in a different reality, they would not even sniff winning a civil war.

We can repatriate non-Trumpists!

I was speaking a little tongue-in-cheek, though I am more than annoyed at the takers calling me a taker.

What contribution do you make to society?

Democrats obviously live in a different reality, they would not even sniff winning a civil war.

The red states would just cut off the food and the fuel...lol

The Left isn't ready for a civil war. They start shitting themselves every time civil war stuff happens.

Your field general can’t even walk a few feet without getting winded. There won’t be a civil war. He’s just gonna lose.

You talk like a person who holds political office with such power

What office do you hold?(LOL)

So what? Lots of places to buy that. The red states would be like somalia in a month

Have you ever heard of a siege Vegas?

You were in the military right?(LOL)

So what? Lots of places to buy that. The red states would be like somalia in a month

You would definitely have to go shopping, in other countries. Places like NYC, L.A. and Chicago are consumers, not producers.

Blockade the 5, or 6 biggest cities and the government would have the internal riots to deal with. You folks aren't thinking about this from a logistical standpoint.

Lol

The rednecks already got their asses kicked in the 1860s.

Now to fill in your holes

The left doesn't like guns remember(wink)

We can do it again....if need be

Everybody is just talking shit. The south fought because the loss of slaves was seriously going to cripple their economy and life was a lot different back then. The idea that a bunch of fat militia rednecks are going to risk losing beer and football to fight the government is laughable.

Have you ever heard of a siege Vegas?

You were in the military right?(LOL)

If the union split blue states would leverage red states into giving them even better deals on the food they need to sell to keep their economies alive.

Back
Top Bottom