• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you proud to be American?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I'm a liberal, let me plead the 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I especially want to see the reasons (if any) why liberals are proud to be American.

Frankly, every liberal I've known, I've seen, or heard has taken the bash America first stance when talking politics, or they have taken up sides with the enemy by claiming Americans have brutalized their people in one way or another. These bleeding heart liberals also rally behind the daily mantra that people worldwide hate or despise Americans (which, of course is nonsense).

Of course I'm proud.
I may disagree with our government
but America at its heart is still the same overall.

What the rest of the world thinks about us is low on
the list of what concerns me the most.

:2usflag: :2usflag: :2usflag: :2usflag:

Mod note:

I know, what a surprise. A ptsdkid thread moving down to the basement. Feel free to complain about that in this thread. It's moving down here due to the purposeful flamebaiting tactics of the poll itself. If you can start a poll without that, it may stay above ground one of these times.

/Mod Note

shuamort said:
Mod note:

I know, what a surprise. A ptsdkid thread moving down to the basement. Feel free to complain about that in this thread. It's moving down here due to the purposeful flamebaiting tactics of the poll itself. If you can start a poll without that, it may stay above ground one of these times.

/Mod Note

Surprise? :roll: I'm just shocked!:shock:

:rofl

You expected less from our self-proclaimed KKK republican?

I'm a proud American. Nobody can take that away from me. Not even the KKK OR the GOP.

:2usflag:

ptsdkid said:
I especially want to see the reasons (if any) why liberals are proud to be American.

Frankly, every liberal I've known, I've seen, or heard has taken the bash America first stance when talking politics, or they have taken up sides with the enemy by claiming Americans have brutalized their people in one way or another. These bleeding heart liberals also rally behind the daily mantra that people worldwide hate or despise Americans (which, of course is nonsense).

As far as im concerned the very concept of anti-americanism is a red-herring. How can you be opposed to an entire country? you cant. The term anti-american is just used to dissmiss anyone who criticises the US government. Its quite a worrying trend in fact as anyone who criticises established political doctines is labled "anti-american" and ignored.

shuamort said:
Mod note:

/Mod Note

***It doesn't do much good to complain about the bias of the moderation team here anymore. But I do have a question that if answered honestly--may give further credence as to why I am right about the bias here.

Up in the polling section where this post got canned, is a flaming post by Billo Really titled "Is Bush a lame Duck". With this poll Mr. Really submits a brief of his opinion why Bush deserves to be called a lame duck. An obvious start to flaming an issue by getting Conservatives to react to his partisan nonsense. So Mr. moderator--can you (or with the help of your staff i.e. CnRedd) show me the difference between my post and that of your beloved liberal Mr. Really's post in relation to deserving basement status to that of staying put?

No, I'm not proud to be an American. Why should I be proud of an accident of birth? Patriotism is stupid.

With that said, "American values" in regards to liberty and justice for all, are superior to the political values of most other cultures.

Kandahar said:
No, I'm not proud to be an American. Why should I be proud of an accident of birth? Patriotism is stupid.

No apple pie for you!:rofl

Your poll options:
Yes
No
I'm a liberal, let me plead the 5th

It's the third option that invites the further flame wars and then your subsequent OP which is the same old ranting that you've done before. It's not a debate, it's a rant against liberals.

I'm proud to be an American and I don't consider Nationalism to be a dirty word but nationalism, like most everything else, can get out of hand. It has the potential to be harmful as well as beneficial it just depends upon the degree and circumstances.

shuamort said:
Mod note:

/Mod Note

Yet a trolling thread asking if your proud to be an American is left sitting in US Politics. Would seem that what gets tossed into the basement might have something to do with more then just the rules.

Let's say all the houses on your block are different countries.

Let's pick a topic like food.

You want your house to have food. If you have food your happy. If you don't have food you'll probably go and get some even if that means fighting with some other houses. The sense of nationalism that would cause you to do that is beneficial to your house.

But here's where it gets confusing...

If you have extra food and your neighbor doesn't have enough is it in the best interest of your house to share your food with them? Some in your house might think it is, some might not.

What if your neighbor has a man, wife, and kids. What if you decide to share with them but the husband would rather see his wife and kids starve then take your food? Should you go in and take the man out so you can feed the wife and kids?

What if the neighbors do have food but the food they are eating isn't as healthy as the food you could give them? What if you try to explain that to them and they don't believe you? Should you go in and force them to eat your food 'cause it's better?

What if two houses on the block are fighting with one another over food should you intervene to solve the problem for them?

What if one person from another house attacks your house? What if the house that person came from has people that supported the attack and people that didn't support the attack on your home? Should you take them all out? Or only the ones that supported the attack? What if you can't tell who supported the attack and who didn't?

The people in your house may not all agree with the different ways the above situations should be handled. Does that mean some care about your house more than others?

Last edited:
Calm2Chaos said:
Yet a trolling thread asking if your proud to be an American is left sitting in US Politics. Would seem that what gets tossed into the basement might have something to do with more then just the rules.
Yet, there's a difference between the two. I don't see the thread you're questioning as a trolling thread. Especially since jfuh would be trolling himself there.

shuamort said:
Your poll options:
Yes
No
I'm a liberal, let me plead the 5th

It's the third option that invites the further flame wars and then your subsequent OP which is the same old ranting that you've done before. It's not a debate, it's a rant against liberals.

***That's alright, I didn't really expect you to answer why Billo Really's post was any different than mine. I'm quickly finding out that some people have a limited capacity for humor--as in my third option with...I'm a liberal, I plead the 5th.

ptsdkid said:
***That's alright, I didn't really expect you to answer why Billo Really's post was any different than mine. I'm quickly finding out that some people have a limited capacity for humor--as in my third option with...I'm a liberal, I plead the 5th.
O, humor? I've got one for ya:

**I lobotomized my cat, now he's ptsdkid!!!!

How's that? :rofl

Well, looking at the Poll, I can assume that Liberals haven't voted yet?

Oh, that's a good one. You may laugh.

shuamort said:
O, humor? I've got one for ya:

**I lobotomized my cat, now he's ptsdkid!!!!

How's that? :rofl

***Very good, you have a sense of humor. So having one fine trait out of two ain't that bad for a moderator. Combining humor with admitting a bias here would speak volumes for you. I noticed this guy Kandahar is having problems with the obvious bias from the moderators. What is it, you moderators on the rag or something?

GySgt said:
Well, looking at the Poll, I can assume that Liberals haven't voted yet?

Oh, that's a good one. You may laugh.

***That is a good one Sarge. Perhaps they were warned by the moderators not to vote...for fear of being honest for once in their lives.

As an answer to this question. I am neither proud nor ashamed of being an "American". I do not control the state, so why should I feel ashamed of nothing I have control over? Same goes for proud. Though ultimately I am anti-nationalistic, you should feel no pride/patriotism/nationalism over what state you live under, because it really doesn't matter.

Calm2Chaos said:

In otherwords pstkid, learn the subtleties and quit whining about unfair mods!

teacher said:
In otherwords pstkid, learn the subtleties and quit whining about unfair mods!

***Pay attention Teacher. First, Calm2Chaos was referring to a post by jfuh in US Politics titled 'Proud of the US?' where he was trolling for responses. My post with a similar title got thrown into the basement, thus the discrepancy with the moderation team. No big deal, I've gotten used to the moderation bias here. But that still leaves you looking like the fool you are for not understanding Calm's message.

Look, my offer still holds for you to cave in and report to me for immediate psychological treatment. I've noticed your rage has gotten out of hand recently. Don't worry, I know how to handle loose cannons like you...I use ptsd KID's gloves on suspect patients.

ptsdkid said:
No big deal, I've gotten used to the moderation bias here.
Finally, at last, I can sleep at night.
Look, my offer still holds for you to cave in and report to me for immediate psychological treatment.
Bro, I openly admit I'm nuts. What's your excuse? Oh, that's right, my bad.
I've noticed your rage has gotten out of hand recently.
Lately? That's one thing I hate about you newbies. Thinking you know it all after being here so shortly.
Don't worry, I know how to handle loose cannons like you...I use ptsd KID's gloves on suspect patients.
You know bro, I'm starting to enjoy your shtick. Just once in a while you might want to come clean with the fact that it's just shtick. Otherwise, you just look...like you.

And please, feel free to start a psychoanalysis thread on me. I'll be there. Let's see what you got.

You still have no TT's. No "Life in the day of..." So easy. You've got a couple of levels to step up bro. Don't give up. I'm pulling for you. Though I do see you do respond well to rage posts...hmm?

You just don't get this place, do you? Puppet.

ptsdkid said:

I globalist are pieces of **** with no loyalty to any country.Liberals have pieces of **** globalist in their party,Repulbicans also have pieces of **** globalist in thier party.These are the businessmen who pack their **** up and move to another coutry,these are the businessmen who outsource to save money,these are the politicians who allow this madness to happen in the first place.Thanks to these pieces of **** globalist China may wind up manufacturing defective weapon and equipment for our troops and Mexico could wind up running our borders.

Comrade Brian said:
AThough ultimately I am anti-nationalistic, you should feel no pride/patriotism/nationalism over what state you live under, because it really doesn't matter.

That's sad!

Back
Top Bottom